Myoui Mina

My Inspiration
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After teaching a hip-hop class and a jazz class, it was time for lunch. Nayeon had ballet and tap classes to teach, but we finished our work at the same time. We closed up the building, since Sana had the keys for the place, she could let herself in when she got back from her vet appointment. We went to a cafe for lunch, since it would be a horrible idea to eat a large meal right before going back to dancing. We ordered tea and some slices of cake. 

"Thanks for paying, Mo." Nayeon grinned, biting into her cake. She ordered chocolate cake with strawberry icing. 

"No problem." I sipped my tea. "I'm totally psyched to meet this intern."

"Try not to flirt with her on her first day." Nayeon said with full. 

"You really don't eat like a ballerina." I chuckled, taking a bite of my cake. It was chocolate too, but with vanilla icing. "And I make no promises. If she's hot, and happens to be the kind of fan who's willing to show me a good time..." 

"I swear to god." My friend glared at me. "If you scare away our first intern, I'll kill you." 

"I'm kidding, Nayeon. She's probably not my type, anyway. She seems like too serious of a person."

"I hope so...but, you know, if something happens between you two, I want details." She winked at me playfully. I hushed her, and we continued eating our lunch together. 

 

Back at the studio, Sana had arrived, and was waiting for us at the front desk. "Hey guys! Sorry I couldn't come in this morning."

"It's fine, Sana. How's the pup?" I asked, although I was sure that nothing would be wrong. 

"Nothing to worry about. He just had some indigestion. Apparently, it's normal for dogs, but my baby's never done that before..." She sighed. "How was lunch?"

"Great! Momo finished the choreography for Blackpink, so she got paid! She bought our lunch to celebrate." Nayeon hugged me. "Best friend ever!"

"Ah, isn't the intern coming soon?" Sana's eyes sparkled.

"Yep! Right after our lunch hour...so, very soon." Nayeon chuckled. "I'll tell Tzuyu that you're drooling over another woman."

"The only reason I'm excited to meet her is to meet the girl who's gonna be doing all the gross and annoying chores for the next few months." She shrugged. "Besides, Tzuyu trusts me. I'd never break that trust." 

"I sure hope so." I laughed. "Have you warmed up yet?" 

"Oh, you know what, I haven't." She pouted. "You wanna warm up together?"

"Sounds good! Nabongs?" I looked at my closest friend for approval.

"Yeah, I'll be here. As the owner of this place, I need to meet Mina when she gets here." She shooed us away with her hand, smiling. Sana and I chose the practice room that was closest to the entrance, so that if the intern got here, we could see her. I put some music on, and we proceeded to stretch our arms and legs. We pulled each others' limbs, just to make sure the muscle was well-stretched. If someone walked by, they'd think we were contortionists in training. 

"What do you wanna warm up on?" Sana asked, settling into the bridge pose to stretch her abdominal muscles. 

"I don't know. any suggestions?" I replied in Japanese. We were both from Japan, so it was more comfortable to speak our native language around each other. It's one of the reasons we bonded so quickly when we met. 

"Mm..." She hummed, holding her position. "Do you feel like doing any J-Pop?"

"Always." I chuckled, plugging my phone into the speaker.

"Then, I wanna do 'Pretty' by Faky." She collapsed onto her back and jumped up...this girl could really take a beating. 

"M'kay." I put the song on, and ran over to Sana for the opening formation. I took Akina's part, while Sana took Anna's part. We had both learned the song a long time ago, as soon as the dance video surfaced on the internet. The group hasn't put out dance practice videos since, although they were still active. We naturally learned different parts, so it was fun to put together. 

"Pretty bad, huh?!" We yelled the lines to the song as we slipped our feet behind one another, nailing intricate footwork. 

"Am I pretty?!" We yelled more lines, as we shimmied our legs. When our run-through was done, with plenty of yelling, we high-fived while dying of laughter. 

"Can you imagine if that was the intern's first impression?" Sana nearly coughed out. 

"We'd be screwed!" I flopped onto the ground, as 'Girl Digger' by the same group began playing, since it was next in my playlist. 

Knock knock. "Are you guys done in there? Introduce yourselves to the intern!" Nayeon yelled. Sana and I exchanged looks of pure horror, then began laughing again until our abs hurt. 

"So, we are indeed screwed!" Sana chuckled, catching her breath. 

"A little." I sighed, having already caught my breath. "Let's go meet the poor kid." I stood up, then helped Sana up onto her feet. I opened the door, and saw Nayeon talking to a gorgeous girl. I swallowed; I wasn't expecting our intern to be so...stunning. I should have known better. I gripped Sana's hand, stopping in my tracks. Sana knew me well, and could tell that I was already taking a liking to this girl. She kicked the back of my foot. 

"Don't hold my hand, she'll think you're taken." She whispered into my ear. I stuffed my hands into my pockets, hoping that this girl would be able to telepathically know that I was a lesbian and interested...although gay-dar isn't nearly as effective as some may think. 

"There they are!" Nayeon grinned at us, motioning for us to come over with her hand. "We aren't that big of a studio, you see. Momo takes care of urban, hip-hop, and jazz classes. Sana does jazz and hip-hop for younger and inexperienced students." 

"Nice to meet you." She bowed a full ninety degrees. "I'm Myoui Mina, and I'll be helping out as much as I can. It's an honor to work with you." She seemed calm for a fan, but I suppose my ego must've been a little too inflated.

"Who are you helping specifically?" Sana pushed. 

"Ah, I'll be helping Nayeon the most, but I hope I can work with the both of you, as well." She wouldn't look at me, but her face was getting sort of red. 

"Alright, Momo, Sana, you two can get back to...whatever it was you were doing." Nayeon giggled. 

"We were warmin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter