Chapter 3

Wanna Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's the weekend when Tiffany and Sooyoung was having their shopping spree in one of the cheapest stores downtown to buy something to wear. Because, as you can see, the two friends are not that rich to cope with their rich classmates, maybe that's one of the reasons why they instantly clicked from the first time they met. 

Luckily, they have fashion sense that they can make a cheap looking outfit turn into a branded one as you mix and match them together. They're scanning the new shop they've just entered when Tiffany spotted a scented candle on top of the shelf. She smelled them one by one and picked her most favorite one. As she looks at the candle's label, it made her smile. 

'Heaven Scent', probably the scent Jessica unnie was using in heaven.

That thought made her giggle when Sooyoung abruptly showed up beside her.

"Hey, what are you giggling about? You're blushing." Yes, Sooyoung was observing the girl right now and she's certain that the girl was blushing again while holding that candle.

"What? Really?" Tiffany touched her cheek with her free hand while looking at Sooyoung.

"Yes, don't tell me you're thinking about that girl again?" And as if she can read Tiffany's mind, Tiffany blushed harder this time indirectly answering her question.

"Yah! Can you please stop thinking about her at least for a day? It's like she's the only one we've been talking about these past few days because all you talk about was Jessica, Jessica, Jessica." Tiffany was too shy to talk right now so she kept mum as she allowed her friend to lecture her about her crush. Sooyoung stole the candle away from Tiffany's grip as she smell it.

"It smells nice, 'Heaven Scent'. Hmm, are you buying this?" Sooyoung asked the girl, but she's on her daydreaming mode again.

She nudges the girl to get her attention. "Tiffany Hwang, are you okay?" 

"A-ah, yes! Yes, sorry." 

"I said are you buying this?" She showed her the candle she's holding earlier.

"Yes, I'm actually planning on giving that to-..." Tiffany stop on what she's about to say before her friend can hear her and got scolded again.

"To whom?"

"To..." She's looking at her tall friend, making it more difficult to say because her stare scares her.

"What? I don't have a whole day for this."

"To Jessica." Tiffany whispers, but just enough for her friend to hear.

"What?!" 

"What? I just want to give her something nice and-..."

"She really got you bad huh?"

"Yah..." Tiffany was looking at her feet, feeling guilty yet again.

Sooyoung patted Tiffany's shoulder with her other hand and said, "You know Tiffany, there's nothing wrong with liking someone. Not if she's Jessica Hell Jung." That made Tiffany glared at Sooyoung but the other girl continued, "As your friend, I just don't want you to get hurt by some heartless person just because she wants to. You're a good kid Fany, I'm not letting that ice princess take away your light." 

Sooyoung squeezed her shoulder and smile at her.

"Sooyoung-ah."

"Yes?"

"Did you just had a heartfelt speech for me?" Tiffany tilted her head as she's stopping herself from laughing at her friend.

"You know what? Yeah, I don't care. Go kill yourself." Sooyoung put the candle back on the shelf and was about to walk away from Tiffany when she was stopped by a hand on her arm.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's just that, it's the first I saw you became serious like that, okay? I'm sorry. Thank you, you're such a sweet friend. I appreciate it, really." 

Sooyoung was frowning, but is still trying to listen to what Tiffany have to say. 

"But I can take care of myself. I'm in my early 20s now, I'm not a kid anymore. Plus, we will not know unless I tried, right?" Tiffany brought her hand on Sooyoung's shoulder and smile at her. Making the tall girl smile back.

"Is this the part that we should kiss?"

"In your dreams, Choi."


-----


After two days, Tiffany was found on the same spot in front of the student council's headquarters again. She's holding that white box with pink ribbon, waiting for Yuri or much better, Jessica. 

Sadly, an unknown small girl came out of the door. But still, she grabs the opportunity to give the gift to Jessica as she slowly approaches the girl.

"Hi unnie. Is Jessica unnie inside?" 

"No, do you need anything from her?" said the small girl eyeing her from head to toe.

"Uhm, I just wanted to give her this." Tiffany showed the girl the gift she's holding.

"Okay, I'll just give this to her. Thank you."

"Really unnie? Thank you so much." She gave her the gift, smiling like she won the lottery.

"Thank you again, I'll go ahead now." She bowed to her, turn around and walk away from the headquarters.

Unbeknown to the happy girl, Jessica was in the headquarters. She just ask Sunny to not be disturbed while she's having her well-deserved rest.

"Sica, sorry to bother you, but someone just gave you a gift. It's from a girl. I don't know who she is though."

That made Jessica perk her ears up so she straighten up from her sleeping position on the table and look at Sunny's direction.

"Gift?" She take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter