Chapter 1

Wanna Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the first day of class when Tiffany woke up late and rapidly took her bath and wore uniform.

 

"Out of all days, damn." 

 

She and her best friend Nicole actually had FaceTime last night because according to Tiffany, she really can't sleep because of her excitement on entering this prestigious university here in Seoul. Hence, the lack of sleep results to her doings now.

 

She looked in the mirror one last time before she grabs her bag and walk out of her small apartment.

 

Tiffany is the only one living here in Seoul because her family is in the US. She insisted on studying in Korea just to experience her second culture on her own. At first, her parents disagree with the idea because she's too young to live on her own in an unfamiliar country for her. But unknown to them, she secretly sends her documents at the university she applied and got accepted, much to her relief and her parents' disappointment. Tiffany assured them that she can take care of herself and they don't have to worry about her tuition and miscellaneous fees because she also applied for a scholarship program in the university. She has a very good record of transcripts and is an honorable student in her senior year. The scholarship provided her everything, her monthly allowance, her books, uniform, and paid her fees in school. And even if she stays and study in the US, they really can't afford the high tuition even though it's already discounted because of her grades.

 

That pretty much made her parents agreed with her because apparently, they're not rich and they don't have enough money to provide everything she wants. And Tiffany understands that, that's why she promises them to come back home with a college degree and find a job as soon as possible to help their family. 

 

She grabs her bicycle and paddle towards her school with a piece of bun in . She enjoys the cool breeze passing her face and the sight she's seeing in every corner of the busy morning streets. 

 

As soon as she entered the gate of her school, she parked her bike in the corner and bring out a piece of paper in her bag, it's the map of the school.

 

On her schedule for today, she has a school orientation at the auditorium for freshmen by 7:30 am. And it's 7:20 now, there's only 10 mins left to find that auditorium in a big place like this. She opened her GPS on her cell phone and followed that blue line without taking her eyes off on the gadget, afraid that she'll make a wrong turn. She's nearing on the said auditorium and there's only 2 mins left before the door will close so she hurriedly walk when she bumped into someone, dropping her phone in the collision.

 

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" said Tiffany, as she grabbed her phone, bowed a little to the person she bump into and go back to her fast walking.

 

"What the hell?!" Unlike to the other person, she found those actions very rude because she just left her, just like that. Without even glancing at her. 

 

"That girl, who does she think she is?!" 

 

"Wooh, who are you fighting with?" Another girl appeared on the side of the angry girl.

 

"Nothing Yul, just some random girl being rude on the first day of class."

 

"Okay then, let's go to the auditorium before the dean will kill us."

 

 

-----

 

 

Tiffany heaved a sigh of relief when she got inside just in time and even got a nice seat, just near the stage.

 

Everything's gonna be alright. You can do this.

She keeps on chanting that inside her head to calm herself till a man in his suit walked on the stage and stand in the middle with a microphone in his left hand. 

 

"Dear all new students, welcome to Seoul National University. Congratulations on your acceptance here. We are thrilled that you will be joining our university. As a new student, you are bound to have questions. We assigned each of our student council members around the campus, helping to uncover the answers to the questions you have, and providing you information about campus resources, programs and services. For the time being, let's hear our Student Council President, Jessica Jung."

 

As the man announced, a brunette girl came up on stage with a red cloth around her right arm, written on it was a big letter P. The girl bowed and reached for the mic that the man gave her.

 

"Thank you Mr. Park. Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jessica Jung, a second year student, Bachelor of Fine Arts major in Fashion Design...." 

 

Jessica keep on talking while the students below are murmuring about how beautiful and elegant looking she is.

 

Jessica is the daughter of the biggest donator at this university, that's why she was given the privilege to be the student council president. All of the students looked up to her, not only because of her beauty, but also in her academical performances. She's almost the perfect role model, but she also has a negative side like any other persons. Jessica is very cold when it comes to other people. If you're not included in her circle of friends, she'll not waste her time talking to you. She's also very strict with the rules in the school, so you better follow them or get a taste of her wrath.

 

On the other hand, Tiffany can't help but admire the girl she's seeing in front of her. A Goddess. That's the only word she can come up with to describe her. From the way her hair falls down her shoulder, her eyebrows, her pointed nose, cute cat-like eyes and ears, and her thin red lips, it's driving her crazy.

 

As soon as Jessica finished talking, all the students vanished one by one in the auditorium to attend their own classes.

 

Tiffany can't help but still think of Jessica while walking to her classroom. They have the same course, so she thought that they're on the same floor, so maybe, just maybe, she'll have a spare time to see her new favorite person. And just as luck was on her side, she saw Jessica walking on the corridor being followed by the other girls with red cloth around their right arms too. Tiffany was looking from the door of their classroom with just her head sticking out. As Jessica was near her, she can feel her heart beating fast and her smile getting a little wider than it shou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter