NoRenMin

NCT High

It was a rough first day for Jeno. His best friend had totally ignored him all summer and now he'd ignored him on the bus too. It was like Jeno didn't exist for Donghyuck. He also heard that Donghyuck now went by "Haechan" which was so weird. What had Jeno ever done wrong towards him? This had lead Jeno to the resolve of starting a war. He would become famous for being on the football team and becoming more popular than Donghyuck. It had become his sole purpose in life. 

It did help that he grew up over the summer. Even though he was a freshmen, he looked like a senior at first sight. Lots of people from middle school didn't even recognize him as he walked off the bus and into the building. He already knew some of the people on the football team since he had participated in the camp over the summer. That's why he was invited to sit with them at the table over lunch too. See, he didn't even need Donghyuck to be his friend. He'd already made plenty new ones to replace him with. And with that he walked up to his locker and to the first class of the day. 

On the other side Jaemin had been contacted by the people of the "Mean Girls". He'd heard of them during the summer, but never imagined being a part of them. They had officially invited him and some other people to the table during lunch. It felt like being chosen by someone really important. Which was what this was exactly. They were the most important people in the school. He felt honored. During the day he made some new friends, but no one really substantial. It all felt like he was so new at everything. So he just watched, and talked and got along with everyone he saw. It was like being immersed in one of those movies you see on TV. And he kind of liked it. He liked sitting at the most important table of the school and everyone looking at them. 

He particularly got along very well with the boy everyone was looking at: Haechan. There was something about him that reminded Jaemin of himself. It was also a natural click between them. They started talking right away and never stopped. They even had lots of classes together as freshmen. In the only class they didn't have together there was someone else very interesting. His name was Jeno and he looked like he didn't belong there at all. They had been put together for a group assignment and it felt like Jaemin was working with a senior. 

"So, how do you want to do this?" Jeno asked the boy in front of him. He looked a little lanky and frail. It did remind him of someone else. He had seen them together at lunch. It seemed like the perfect opportunity to take away everything he could from Donghyuck. 

"I guess you can come over to place after school if you want? This needs to be done right if we want to get the grades" Jaemin answered while looking at how buff the guy was. He was too big to be a freshman. 

"Fine, send me the address", he gave his phone number before exiting the room. Jaemin found him to be very rude indeed. It seemed like he didn't care for a single person in this universe. It kind of bothered him, but he was strangely attracted too. It was such a strange mix of feelings he had. 

Renjun was making his way through the hallways, to a stupid maths class. God, did he hate math so much... The only thing he enjoyed doing was painting. But that had to wait until after school since it wasn't really a complete subject, but an after school activity. He didn't mind staying late after school to do what he loved. But lots of other people would be staying around too. Renjun hated meeting with people. He was indeed glad there weren't a lot of people in the arts class. That made it a bit easier to converse. He did thrive in small groups. 

The only problem were those loud football kids. They kept on running around the studio. One even knocked over Taeyong... And boy did Taeyong hate being touched or spoken to. He'd noticed this in the beginning of the day. He now looked very distressed. 

"I forgot the brushes..." he whispered to Renjun. Taeyong seemed too distressed to even function so Renjun decided to get them. It would take him a while since this school was huge and Renjun was very new to it all. His brothers had gone to this school, so he knew it a little bit. 

While walking the grounds he found himself at the edge of the football field where everyone was trying out to join the team. Only a lucky few would be chosen to join in the end. He sat down to watch on the bleachers because it did kind of intrigue him, the fact of trying out to join something. To be in the "in-crowd". Renjun had never really cared for any of that. A ball was tossed his way and he did catch it clumsily. A boy came running over to him while he stood there awkwardly. 

"Thanks for catching, saves me the hassle of running behind the bleachers", the boy told Renjun as he smiled charmingly. Renjun felt a bit happy to get attention like that. "I like your pink hair", the boy commented. 

"Uhm, thanks. Here", he gave back the ball and smiled shyly. 

"My name is Jeno", the boy told him and extended his hand. 

"Renjun", he said and shook the hand of the other boy. It felt like sparks crossed between them as they stood there for too long. He pulled back awkwardly. "Good luck." 

"Thanks, I already made the team", the boy said proudly and it did kind of make Renjun a little happy. 

"Amazing! Now I need to get back to the art studio. Nice meeting you", he half waved at Jeno. It was even more awkward when he almost fell down the stairs while going back. Of course that had to happen right at that time when Jeno was looking. 

Jeno thought it was kind of cute how awkward the boy was while walking back. It kept on replaying in his mind as he entered the field again. And that bright pink hair did suit the boy so much. It made him stand out in a good way. It looked like he was very nice too. The fact that he was an artsy type didn't even surprise him at this point. 

"You coming over later?" Jaemin asked Jeno while walking on the field. The mean girls had been practicing their cheerleading routine at the side of the field. 

"Fine, I'll see you at the bus stop?" Jeno said and walked off again. He liked toying with this boy because it clearly evoked a reaction within Jaemin. The little boy didn't know how to hide his emotions very well. 

After practice he showered and went to the bus stop. Jaemin looked like he'd been waiting for a while. Jeno had done this on purpose because he wanted to make Jaemin wait. He even stayed behind as last to make sure he'd had to wait. It was quite funny because the annoyance was readable on Jaemin's face. 

"Finally..." Jaemin said while getting on the last bus. Jeno follwed with a huge cocky smile as they sat next to each other. They didn't talk at all and that was because Jaemin was annoyed while Jeno was relishing in his accomplishments. 

"This is it", Jaemin said while getting up and walking off the bus. Jeno followed and looked around. It seemed like he wasn't that far away from his place. Weirdly he'd never met Jaemin before all of this. 

"Are you new here?" He asked Jaemin while walking inside of the house. 

"Yes, moved here over the summer", Jaemin answered while throwing his stuff on the couch. That kind of explained everything. It did seem kind of empty inside too. 

"No parents?" He asked while sitting down at a table in the kitchen. 

"Nope, they work most of the time", Jaemin said while pouring a glass of orange juice. "Want some?" 

"Fine", Jeno said. He started feeling kind of bad for the boy. He couldn't feel bad for this boy, he was a pawn. A pawn in his game to get back at Donghyuck, or as everyone called him "Haechan". He despised all of it. And was going to make sure it was coming to an end soon. This is what you got for betraying Jeno of all people. "Let's get started then."