Yuwin: One

NCT High

Yuta was walking around on campus. He could almost smell the fear and excitement on the freshmen. As a senior he barely even remembered what it was like to have your first day here. For him it all felt like he had been here for so long, he couldn't even remember a life outside of school. Since he was a jock, he did reside at school a lot too. He had to be here for early morning practices and after school practices. If they weren't doing that, they would go to the gym to create some more muscles. He spent more time with the people on his team than with his family. Which he did regret a lot. He had a younger sister who he adored very much. Even if she was only one year younger than him. Momo did mean the world to him, he always wanted to protect her. It did kind of help that she was in the same school as him, so he could always keep an eye on her. 

He knew for a fact what kind of jerks went to this school, but no one dared even hit on his little sister. They knew they'd get a beating from Yuta himself if they ever tried, which annoyed Momo really badly. She wanted to date, but never got a chance to even talk to a boy outside of her usual friend group. And those were gay. She craved for something more, but all the boys were scared of Yuta and his muscles. 

On the first day of school, however, a new boy turned up. He was skinny and a little shy, just the way she liked her boys. They had to be the complete opposite of her brother for her to like them. He did seem a bit out of place when she first approached him. And when she asked him a question, he looked at her like she spoke a different language. When she looked at him again she did see that he looked a bit different from the other boys around. 

"Are you new?" she asked him, a bit slower this time. The boy just nodded, not speaking up like she wanted him to. "My name is Momo, I used to be new here too." The boy then gave a little smile and took her hand to shake. 

"Sicheng", he said in a deeper voice than she'd expected. His hands were warm to the touch and she smiled because of it. 

"Chinese?" She asked and he nodded again. That explained a lot. He probably didn't even know the language. She was going to teach him. That was her purpose. Well that and making him fall for her of course. 

"Who's your new friend?" Yuta asked his little sister once he had spotted her not too far away from him. She was talking to a guy he had never seen before and it kicked his brother instinct in overdrive. He had to know who the boy was. 

"This is Sicheng, he's from China and new here. He does not speak a lot of English yet..." His sister informed him. She knew that keeping vital information was futile against her brother. He was way smarter than he looked. 

"Hello Sicheng, my name is Yuta and this is my little sister", Yuta said while extending a hand to the boy. Sicheng took it hastily and shook it. This surprised Yuta a lot. Sicheng looked very shy, but was so forward with him. It made him wonder. 

"Class?" Sicheng asked and looked around. 

"How old are you?" Momo asked in return while inching a little closer to the boy and a little further away from her brother. 

It looked like the boy was thinking a little too much, counting in his head. He then looked like he'd found the answer and smiled. "1-7", he said proudly, splitting up the two numbers. So he was 17... 

"We're in the same class! I'll help you!" Momo immediately said and made Sicheng smile. Yuta felt weird when he looked at that smile, but quickly shook it off. So they were going to be in the same class? He had to look out for this kid. He seemed harmless, but could turn out to be something completely different. Yuta knew how the male brain worked and no one was ever really this shy and quiet. There had to be something more behind the guy. And Yuta was going to figure it all out. 

"Will you stop looking at him like that? He's already scared of you as it is. Stop scaring all the boys away from me", Momo seethed at her brother while turning around and dragging Sicheng with her. 

Another person turned up behind Yuta and sighed. "Your sister is a piece of work, you know that?" Lucas commented while watching Momo walk away. He'd had a crush on her when she first started here, but was scared away by her brother immediately after that. 

"Oh, I know. That's why I keep on telling you guys not to go near her", Yuta commented and slapped the boy on his shoulder. "You're a good friend to not date her." Yuta did know better. He just didn't want the guys to come near his baby sister at all. They were pigs. 

Meanwhile Sicheng was being dragged along by Momo. He didn't even have time to check out this new school. He barely even understood half of the people. It was so weird to be here and not fluently speak the language. He was pretty smart, but his parents kept on moving around, always to different countries for his dad's job. This made it so difficult for him to even make friends. It was very special to have made one on the first day. He applauded Momo for trying this hard and for dragging him along. He didn't even know where his locker was. This left him no choice but to go to class without books. Or anything else for that matter. He really did feel like a lost puppy. 

The boy from before seemed to be Momo's sister. Yuta was his name? He did seem kind of strange and protective over his sister while they were standing there. Sicheng didn't understand a word of what the boy said, but he did thing Yuta was cute. Well, cute was not the right word. He though Yuta looked manly and strong. Like someone who would protect the ones he loved. For some reason it really interested Sicheng. 

"You don't have any friends here do you?" Momo asked during lunch time. Sicheng just shook his head. He didn't have the words to tell her. Not the words she would understand. He did feel some kind of alone. "I'll be your friend." He smiled at that. He would really like that. 

It wasn't long before her brother spotted them again. Yuta couldn't let them sit alone at a table. That would just be pushing them together. Instead he had a brilliant idea: invite the guy over to their table. He would be the only scrawny guy in there, but that wouldn't matter. As long as we wasn't with his sister, things would be fine. 

"Hey, Sicheng! Come sit with us!" Yuta yelled and drew the attention of all the boys at his table. They all looked at him like he was crazy for inviting the skinny guy over. Yuta didn't care. They could kiss his for all he cared. Sicheng looked at Yuta confused, but went over anyway. Momo didn't follow because she knew she wasn't allowed at that table. Instead she sat down with her friends on the opposite side of the cafeteria. Yet again, her brother had his grip on a boy she liked. 

"Hello", Sicheng said in that deep voice that kept on surprising Yuta. He seemed so fragile, like something he needed to protect, but at the same time his voice said something else. Yuta felt an urge he did not need to feel for anyone except his sister. It was the urge to protect. 

"Everyone, this is Sicheng. He's Chinese and just moved here so he has a hard time understanding English. Please be kind to him!" Yuta told the other guys as they nodded together. It made him happy to see them all oblige like that. 

Sicheng sat down next to Yuta and ate the bread he brought to school for lunch. He sat quietly while the others were all yelling. They were yelling and being loud like they always were, especially at the beginning of the school year. They did need to be terrifying to the other kids, didn't they? 

"Yuta, what are we going to do about the new mascotte?" Johnny asked him. Johnny was the team captain and everyone looked up at him. Yuta was just beneath him in hierarchy. 

"What does he need to do?" Yuta asked, a plan forming in his head. 

"Nothing much, just wear that ridiculous dragon costume..." Johnny laughed a little. The last one had retired because he'd graduated. He was skinny and was made fun of a lot. But in the end he was a part of the team. 

"What if Sicheng becomes the new mascotte?" Yuta suggested. Sicheng lifted his head at hearing his name. Mascotte? What was that even? He looked up the word on his phone and then smiled. He could do that. So he nodded at Yuta. "Seems like we have our mascotte!" Yuta announced and Johnny smiled. 

"What I need do?" Sicheng asked Yuta. Yuta felt even more protective because of his cute language. 

"You need to make us win!" Yuta said with a bright smile. 

"Winwin?" Sicheng asked with a puzzled look. 

"That will be your new name! WinWin!" Yuta laughed out of endearment. And so the new school year started for these boys.