I'm definitely in love

A December story.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoon Bomi, still loving her.

 

My head ached and I was hungry.

The 78' harvest of Eunji was ridiculously strong, as the hangover hit me hard.

The clock showed 12:30 pm, I got up still dizzy and washed my face. I was a mess, my eyes were red and swollen...

ah... I remember.

Last night, Eunji helped me to take a bath, and was my handkerchief of tears. Damn red wine, it brought out my weakness.

Park Chorong made me feel everything back, she effortlessly put my world upside down again just by looking at her. I thought I had overcome these feelings, but it's no surprise to anyone that I've made a mistake again.

I haven’t earned that nickname for nothing. BaboMi, it's perfectly appropriate.

 

When I went to the kitchen Eunji was cooking something, thank goodness. But she was upset.

"Bomi-ah! Are you ok? I'm glad." Notice the sarcasm. "Wait a minute and we'll have lunch. Last night you and your ONLY-FRIEND-FOREVER finished my most expensive wine reserve. Including a Romanée-Conti valued above $ 13,000." She started to clap.

"Huh? I'm sorry, I only took what I saw first. I'll buy you one on my trip to France the next time, I promise."

"That's why you should know about the history of wine. I can’t believe that you just gulp down such an expensive bottle without appreciating its finesse. You better get me some of the finest 85' harvest of Burgundy. No more, no less"

I didn't even know what was she talking about but for my own sake, I had to stop her.

"Yes, yeah... write it down. I have no idea of ​​the importance of the year. I only know that I got drunk..." she looked offended, with a spatula in one hand and the other in her chest, as if I had shot her.

She’s an exaggeration expert.

"My dear, innocent and ignorant friend... wait, I know! I'll put it in simple terms, that surely you will understand" Eunji smirked and finished cooking.

She brought some dishes to the table. "A good wine, such as Chorong unnie, the years only make it better" she’s right.

The time only made her more stunning than when I met her.

"What I can’t believe is… that even when you were alone, wine in your hands and a romantic atmosphere you’ve only ended up crying." She exaggeratedly mimicked a crying face. "Eunji-ah… I love unnie!... but unnie doesn’t love me back... I kissed unnie!"

"Yah! I don’t cry like that... she was displeased about being locked in with me." I sighed, Eunji gave me a bowl of hangover soup.

"Bomi, what's stopping you?" She asked and I really don’t know. "You’re both adult, free, like and complement each other. Seriously, I don’t get why. Can’t you just tell her? You two are exasperating!" I shrugged and began to eat.

"It's not as easy as you think, she'll go back to work, it's something she's always wanted. She’s passionate and responsible with whatever she does, that’s what I like about her. I can’t interfere with that, her future"

I just poured my heart out again. No point in denying.

 

"Bbom-ah, tonight is your chance." Darn! I had forgotten the party. "This time we will not be able to lock you two in a room, just be brave!... you’re Yoon Bomi!

Who gathered the courage to ask for money to their parents and start '419 Connections'? you! Me too, but...

Who linked more than 500 couples? You! sadly, more than half separated, but...

the point here is, the Yoon Bomi that I knew since childhood isn’t a coward."

 

Once again, she was right, where did all this insecurity come from?...

 

"And if you don’t get together, I will kidnap you two, get you drunk, take you to a church and I will marry you personally"

Her tone was playful, but anyway I'm pretty sure she's capable of doing just what she said. 

 

 

The party would be at a different hotel this year, near there is a hospital, and a police station one block away. Did they do it on purpose? I just hope tonight there’s not too many accidents.

At least this year they didn’t allow children, they had their own party at the afternoon.

 

A valet opened the door for us and my nerves tripled.

Eunji smiled at me to give me confidence, I just nodded and we went to the event room. It was full of people.

 

She was already there.

Wearing a  white dress that accentuated her delicate curves, her natural black hair loose covering her back.

My heart started to beat faster and erratically just with the sight of her. This is getting disturbing. Can't I be normal for once in front of her?

Everything around the place was decorated, more colorful than the last time.

 

I stopped from walking but Eunji kept going.

 

How to be brave if I am afraid of failing?

 

Naeun and Eunji went to the table, but Chorong Unnie kept talking to others, including someone who I didn't feel pleased to see that much.

So I just looked at them from afar, not wanting to interrupt. 

 

Solar unnie and the other girls I met the last year were also there and greeted me cheerfully —even when we just met twice before. They seemed to be happier this time.

As expected, I answered their questions, but my eyes were on the only person I care about.

She seemed to be looking for someone.

 

I've missed her beauty, her looks, her way of speaking and thinking, everything.

 

Lee Changsub saw me, smirked and kept talking to her. Their interactions irritated me.

Then again I thought, what on Earth is stopping me?

I apologized to the group of girls, they nodded in understandig when they followed my gaze.

 

I started to approach them and I swear I could heard some encouraging words and a couple of 'awwns'.

 

I must be brave, I’ll not let anything or anyone take what fate has put in front of me.

Every

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter