Hard to resist

A December story.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chorong. CEO's Office, ApinkSweet

 

Yes, I ran away from Bomi's house like a coward. But in my defense, I had to come to work.

Okay! I feel guilty, weird, confused and good at the same time.

 

If I'm lucky we can act as if nothing happened. It was really my fault, she just reacted to me, to my insistence. It was my first time with a woman and the word 'amazing' doesn’t even do justice to how it felt.

She was totally sweet with a touch of savagery.

 

I don’t know what happened to me. I swear I have never been with a woman. I just… did some research. I was just surfing internet, and some banners popped up.

And maybe I was watching more than 10 seconds those weird web pages.

Ok. I did watch o. Kill me. It’s 21th century. Women can watch o too. Anyway, I felt guilty. But it was useful.

 

But this is going to hurt our relationship and even if I'm not ready to get away from it, it's for the best. Because I know, the last night —well, just a few hours ago—, what we did was beyond the mere curiosity, there were feelings, I don’t know about her, but I fell for Yoon Bomi.

 

I can no longer deny it, it's just that. She’s exactly what I was looking for, before closing my mind to relationships.

A person capable of taking care of me, respectful, with great sense of humor but with seriousness too, strong, but at the same time delicate.

The only thing that she needs for being perfect for me is that she must love me.

 

And I know, isn’t possible, because she is a professional who doesn’t mix personal matters with her work, she told me in our first meeting.

 

I was called to the CEO's office, maybe I will receive the news I've been waiting for.

The whole building looked exceptionally calm, people worked in their places without making a noise, they didn’t talk to each other. I guess it's the post-party effect, they will feel ashamed for their behavior.

Who would say it was a good idea after all, even the gossip-squad near the copy machines were at their desks, actually doing their job.

 

Upon entering the office, I can notice the dark circles under the eyes of Gak-oppa, fatherhood was being noticeable.

 

"Huh.  Sit down Chorongie. How are you doing?" He drank some coffee.

"I’m doing fine oppa, but you don’t seem to be well..." I said concerned for real.

"The baby is restless at night." He took a deep breath. "I will take paternity vacations in January, but first I have to leave the company's business ready… That reminds me of why you are here. I already have the verdict of the board members. They and I, want you to take care of ApinkSweet London." He said and I tried to not squeal too much.

"It will be hard for you alone, but we have worked in the expansion to Europe for a long time and if it’s in your hands, we think it'll be a total success. Congratulations." He said it sadly.

"Thank you! I will work hard!... but, Why don’t you seem happy, oppa?"

Isn't it something to celebrate?

"It's not that I'm not happy for you, but you'll have to get away from Bomi. Just now when you had get together again, you’ll have to go without her..."

Of course, he remembered. 

I can’t tell him that what I want is to get away from her so that way we can keep our friendship, however ironic it may sound.

"She understands, don’t worry oppa... that's why we got engaged, remember? We’ll still be together and... she will be able to visit me there". I said hoping, for real, it to be possible.

"Then, I hope your commitment to one another is strong enough to endure those hard times that are coming." his words were sending chills to my spine.

He continued saying,

"Maybe you wonder why we chose you. We were looking for a person capable, committed, impassioned, and brave enough to risk everything. You, and that beautiful girlfriend of yours, showed us, you were the one." I am very sorry, really. Guilty grew more. “and, the other candidates were… problematic”

 

I received a message from Bomi, saying that she wouldn’t accompany m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter