spilling a little

alone - bsk + chv

hansol packs up his stuff and seungkwan stands there observing hansol's notebook. 

"you're really clever" seungkwan mentions as his eyes scan the messy handwritten notes.

hansol freezes "uh not really, i mean you're probably smarter-"

"shut up, you're amazing, i haven't even thought this much about the paper and you, you're out here writing notes that could pass as my best attempt. i'm not belittling myself, i'm smart i know that. i'm smart yes but you, you're a genius, god hansol you probably got like four scholarships" seungkwan breathes out as hansol packs his book away with shaky hands.

"i didn't actually, not one. i really just skimmed the edge of the entrance exam here. to be honest i've never been a good student but i realized there are bigger things in life than myself. there are other people i care about" hansol explains as they make their way out the library.

seungkwan shivers as the cold air outside hits him and he buries his face further into his scarf. 

"family you have to look after?" seungkwan asks

"not really, they're pretty well off, i mean they're not rich just okay, they don't need me to look after them." 

seungkwan's silence tells hansol to go on.

"i look after them by looking after myself. my sister in particular, she'd kill me if i didn't look after myself. my parents don't really care. after all they decided i wasn't good enough for them so-" hansol starts getting riled up and he flinches at his own words. "sorry, it's nothing" 

seungkwan glances at him, he wants hansol to trust him, but it's too fast for hansol obviously so he doesn't push it

"tell me when you're ready" seungkwan says softly, hansol likes that tone. it makes him feel safe and like seungkwan genuinely cares. 

eventually they're both seated in seungkwan's prius and the silence is a little too deafening. even with the radio on softly

"nice car"

boom, silence broken with two words.

"thanks, it was a present" seungkwan says just as he realises how snobby that must sound.

hansol's eyes widen "i knew it" he mumbles

"pardon?" seungkwan asks, brows knitting together in confusion

"can i get out?" hansol's tone is worried and seungkwan doesn't like it, he doesn't wanna make hansol uncomfortable.

"we're not there yet" seungkwan says with a pout and a glance to the younger.

"i don't care this is obviously some prank and i don't wanna be apart of it" hansol speaks quickly and bites at his lip.

that's when seungkwan was lost.

"what?"

"you're one of those rich kids that rule our year and i don't wanna be your next little target" hansol's words are bitter, something lacing them, almost like a previous experience is haunting them.

seungkwan thinks for a moment and let's out a sigh and a small chuckle, hansol's blood goes cold.

"you mean jongin and his friends? please i'm not apart of their crappy little gang" seungkwan explains taking a left.

"then why are you doing this?" hansol frowns and he looks out the window still worried.

"like i said," seungkwan looks to hansol and smiles "i care about you"

how is it that four simple words managed to melt away any worry hansol has ever had in his life?