Of Goodbyes and Dancing?

I Don't Feel Like Going Home Now...

"Please please please stay safe!" Irene repeated for the tenth time that morning. "If you get stranded, you have the group account okay? We will work anything you spend back. I know you don't want to but-"

"Joo-Hyun!" Wendy snapped. "I love you," her voice softened. "But I'm going to be fine, I will wish the storms and I will call you when I'm there. I promise."

She grabbed Irene's hand for one moment, squeezing it tight.

"I got you." Irene nodded, joining the rest of the group and standing next to Seulgi.

"Goodbye, Wendy!" Joy waved. "Have a safe flight." 

They watched painfully as she walked away, waiting until she was far out of sight before turning to walk towards their van outside the airport. 

"My turn for the front!" Yeri tried to sound excited but it fell flat. Seulgi wrapped her arm around Irene.

"Wendy will be okay, you'll see," she assured her, squeezing her hip comfortingly and helping her into the van.

It was a miracle they had only met a few fans, she guessed it was the sunglasses and very baggy clothes, but she was sure the van would've been followed more. For once she was glad for the lack of fans. She wanted to always be positive for them, and she didn't want them to see her so sad. 

"We never got to watch our movies." Joy broke the silence. "Or sing the songs."

"When we get back we should learn one and record it for her to see when she is safe," Seulgi suggested.

"That's a good idea," Yeri replied. Irene just stayed silent, resting her head on Seulgi's shoulder and staring at the chair in front of her. 
-
"Baby all I want for Christmas," they sang together. 

"Is..." Yeri sang alone.

"You!" They purposely sang it off key, the note ended in laughter and they broke it off to breathe before facing the camera.

"We miss you, Wendy!" Seulgi held her hands into a finger heart and put it to the camera.

"I hope this will make you smile after your flight!" Yeri said, raising her hands above her head to form a heart. 

"Have a wonderful Christmas!" Joy laughed, imitating a heart too. 

"And call us!" Irene reminded in a serious tone before smiling and sending a heart of her own.

"We love you!" 
-
The day was spent mostly in solitude. They had the rest of the holiday off but decided to grab some practice times when they could. The morning was filled with them watching the news to check on the storm - everything was fine. But by afternoon they were very bored. 

"Irene..." Seulgi said. 

"What...?" Irene mimicked. 

"Do you want to learn a dance with me this afternoon?" Seulgi held her hands together as if to beg. 

"Sure," Irene nodded. "Let me grab my coat and we can head over to the studio."
-
EXID's DDD blast through the speakers and Irene sighed as she messed the timing up again. 

"I don't know Seulgi..." She sighed again, turning off the music. "It's not really my style at all." 

"You've done y before," Seulgi pointed out. "Come on! You're the second best dancer in the group! I believe you can do it!" 

"You are so insistent," Irene complained, walking into the middle again to raise her arm, bending down and pointing like they do in the song. 

"Don't be so stiff unnie!" Seulgi said in a cutesy voice. Irene cringed. Seulgi walked over, doing the move next to her. "Bend your back more naturally." Irene complied and was rewarded with a 'That's it! Go Bae Joo-Hyun!"
-

"I'm so sore..." Irene whimpered."We should've stretched..."

"But we'd have missed the lunchtime deals!" Seulgi exclaimed with a mouth full of noodles. Irene picked at her chicken.

"I'm not really hungry..." She said. "I'm worried for Wendy."~

"She will be fine," Seulgi replied. "I promise!" She reached for her hand across the table. "Do you want to go shopping after this? You can pick an outfit for me and I'll pick one for you!"

"I guess..." Irene forced some chicken in . "As long as you don't pick a funny outfit."

"Of course I won't!"
-
I am going to kill Kang Seul-gi, Irene mused.

"Seulgi!" Irene shouted through the changing room, she heard muffled giggles and a quiet 'what?'. "I look like a pumpkin!" Irene pulled the curtain back to show her only to be confronted with Seulgi and her phone. "Seulgi stop!" She squealed, holding her hands to the camera.

"You look cute!" She said in defence. "A cute pumpkin."

"Stop taking photos!" Irene demanded, her hands on her hips in her best mother voice. "I'm warning you."

"What are you going to do? Attack me with an axe?" Seulgi teased. Still taking photos.

"Well, I think the Peek-a-boo axe is somewhere in our dorm..." Irene replied with a devilish grin. "Final warning."

"Fight me," Seulgi let out a laugh that was more of a cackle. "Bring it on Irene."

"Oh, it's on!" She jumped on her, trying to wrestle her phone out of her hands. They continued like this for a few minutes.


"Excuse me..." A worker said, gasping when she saw the two girls. "We have a no f-fighting policy..." She stuttered and Irene let out a huff in annoyance for being so unrestrained.

"We're sorry, this was all just a joke," Seulgi explained. "We'll leave just please don't spread this..."

"Can I have a photo?" The worker asked shyly, a pretty blush spreading across her cheeks.

"Of course!" Irene smiled, trying to fix her hideous outfit quickly. 
-
"The storm is advancing quicker than previously thought. It is thought to arrive in Europe by tomorrow." The television blared. Irene bit her lip. 

"I hope Wendy is okay..." She checked her phone. "Still nothing," Irene said, picking at the frayed blanket as the news continued to relay information. 

"The storm has caused ten deaths currently, and has left many without power or snowed into their small towns." Seulgi let out a gasp at the last part...

"There have been recent reports of two flights going down, one is currently unresponsive and another has been dragged out of the sea-"


"Wendy..." Yeri whispered. "I really hope she got home..." 

"It's okay Irene," Seulgi said into her ear, she hadn't realised how fast her breathing had gotten. "It won't be Wendy..."

"How do we know?" Irene exclaimed. "She won't call us dammit!"

The members gasped but they didn't know if it was because of the way Irene spoke and threw her phone on the sofa, or if it was because the phone began to play a pop song.

"Wendy!" Joy grabbed the phone, placing it on the loudspeaker function.

"Are you okay Wendy?" Yeri asked into the phone. 


"Hello?" Wendy asked instead, the signal breaking up as she breathlessly spoke into the phone. "Irene?" 

-

Haha! I'm so mean! 

What do you think? Is Wendy caught in the storm? Could I be an awful author and have something terrible happen? 

Let me know what your thoughts are! Thanks for still supporting me even if I failed you! I'm loving seeing all these subscribers! I will work on another Seulrene story after this one!