Of Decorating and Storms

I Don't Feel Like Going Home Now...

"You will get a sentimental feeling when you hear, voices singing let's be jolly..." Wendy pointed towards the members.

"Deck the halls with boughs of holly!" They screamed back, falling about in laughter on how out of pitch their singing was. 

"Ah! I'm going to miss you so much when you leave for Canada..." Yeri drawled, pulling Wendy into a hug which was soon morphed into a massive group hug when all the other girls agreed.

"Our last day together in this year..." Irene mused. "How would you like to celebrate?" Wendy shrugged. "How about..." She threw a cheeky grin at Wendy. "A singing and movie night?"

"Yes please!" Wendy answered. "I am forcing you to sing all English songs!" The group sighed in mock disappointment. 
 

"Pass me the tinsel!" Yeri yelled, breaking the moment. Irene turned to find Joy hoisting her up to the ceiling as she waved a packet of pins. Seulgi quickly grabbed the red sparkly tinsel passing it to the girl. Yeri placed it above their door. 

"That looks great!" Irene praised. "Help me put up the snowflakes underneath them."

Soon the whole house was decorated for Christmas. They wrapped their tree in red and gold, and in their practice room, they had a mini one with coral ornaments to match their colour.

"I'm tired." Yeri sighed and pulled her blanket up higher. 

"Me too." Seulgi yawned. "But our apartment looks wonderful."

"Simply amazing," Joy added.

"Happiness! Hello, we are Red Velvet!" They chorused.

"Today, we are opening our secret Santa's!" Yeri introduced. "So here's mine..."

"Always the most selfless member..." Wendy teased. "Let's open them one at a time." 

"Me first then." Yeri smiled, ripping open the green Santa wrapping paper. "Oh my..."

It was a fluffy 'Winter warmth' set, with purple and pink socks, scarf, hat and gloves. "This is sweet." She opened the slip of paper. "Merry Christmas Yerim..." She read aloud. "From Wendy!"

She gave Wendy a hug and urged her to open her gift.

"Come on Wendy!" She shoved the bowed gift into her hands. 

"You're so insistent..." Wendy laughed, carefully undoing the bow and opening it much more carefully. She revealed a charm bracelet with five charms on it; a Canadian flag, a South Korean flag, a blue heart, a treble clef and a rhinestone pizza. "This is beautiful." She slipped it on immediately. Impatiently opening the card before jumping at Irene. "Thank you so much, I love you so much!"

She kissed her cheek, ignoring the flush that travelled from Irene's cheeks to under her red blouse.

"You are the best leader." Irene let a genuine smile spread across her face.

"Joy, you go!" Seulgi said, handing her the small box. 

She opened the gift to reveal a gift set of limited edition lip balms. 

"Oh, my!" She squealed. "They are Christmas flavoured, this is so nice. My collection could use some Christmas spirit!" She opened the note taped to the top of the package. "Seulgi!" She shook Seulgi's hands before pulling her into a hug.

"Seulgi." Irene presented the gift when they had done. "Your turn!" Seulgi took the present with a smile and ripped the paper messily. It was a cute set of stationery, with a little character dressed as Santa Haraboji. Written on the blue post-it note was who it was.

"Yerim!" Seulgi exclaimed. "Come here!" She laughed, pulling her into a hug. "This is so cute!" 

"And last but not least, our wonderful leader..." Seulgi said sincerely. 

"Irene," Wendy handed her the gift and Irene couldn't help but smile. 

"You are too kind." She spared a look for Joy, who out of the process of elimination, would've given this gift. She opened it to find a purple notebook. Upon opening it she found a Christmas message from each member and their manager. "Joy..." She said. "How did you manage to do all of this?" She didn't reply and Irene turned to where there were plenty of blank pages, they were especially for mind maps it seemed. "This is so thoughtful..." Joy smiled in return and she pulled her into a hug. "Thank you," she whispered.

She was truly blessed to have such great members. 

-

"A huge storm is rumoured to be hitting Korea this Christmas," the news lady reported. "It is destined to hit America in a few days, before travelling to Europe and lastly, Asia." Irene glanced at Wendy. "Flights are currently not being cancelled, but be sure to check before you leave to fly anywhere for the rest of the week!" 

"Are you all packed Wendy?" Joy asked cautiously. "You might need to leave early so you don't hit this storm..."

"I will go and finish now, will someone help me?" She replied. 

"We will all help!" Seulgi said, grabbing her drink and gathering with the members in her room to help her pack quicker.
-

Sorry for the late update! I will update later too! I had some revision to do for my exams on Monday. I feel really awful so hopefully, you will still support me! 

What do you think about Wendy? Can she fly home before this storm? Or will she be left stranded on her own for Christmas?

This story is getting interesting very soon, so stay tuned!