Of Wrapping and Singing.

I Don't Feel Like Going Home Now...

"Joy please come with me, I won't be long at all!" Yeri begged, pulling Joy's arm lightly towards the section of the shopping centre she was referring to.

"You do this every time," Joy complained lightly. Yeri pouted. "Fine." Turning to the others who were watching in amusement; she checked her watch. "Meet back at the food court in half an hour?" Yeri whined in protest.

"One whole hour please?" She held her hands out in a begging motion and the group laughed. 

"Alright, you got your way, now stop the act Yerim!" Joy chuckled, waving to the rest of the group as she and Yeri walked down the row that was decorated immensely. 

"She's such a baby sometimes," Wendy said. "Where do we need to go?"  

Seulgi opened her list of gifts she needed to buy, not that she'd remembered to write a list at all, that's was what Bae Joo-Hyun was for

"I only need two more things," Seulgi replies. "My mother's gift and my secret Santa..." Irene nods next to her.

"I need to get my sister's and my secret Santa's too..." Irene agreed. "Shall we get our families gift first?"

-

It was official. Kang Seulgi didn't have a clue what her mother liked.

"I don't know..." She whined, looking at all of the glittering jewels in front of her. "I don't even think I know her age..." Wendy burst out laughing. 

"Come on..." She tried. "It can't be that hard. What's her favourite colour?" Seulgi stayed silent. "Okay, what's her zodiac sign?" 

"Over here!" Irene called, pointing at a silky pastel orange heart on a silver chain, it had the option to engrave as clearly stated by the sticker and Seulgi stared at the necklace. "It's your colour, don't you think it's sweet?" Irene said, her face made a neutral expression.

Seulgi smiled in delight at the gift and it was only then that Irene let a satisfied smile spread across her own face. She always did little things like that, like tensing and remaining neutral until someone laughed at her joke or showed the emotion that she was hoping to receive. Seulgi smiled at the thought of her odd quirks and pretended she didn't feel pride in being one of the few people to know Bae Joo-Hyun. In front of cameras she was all smiles, even in front of the members she tried to keep up this act. It was only due to their closeness as rookies that Irene felt safe to let it down in front of Seulgi. She had seen her cry more times then she cared to admit, she wasn't sure the other members had ever seen their leader break into body-shaking sobs and breakdown. 

"Seulgi?" Wendy prompted, her hands pointing to the shop assistant.

"Ah yes, this one please." She began to lead her to the display case. 

Only Irene could pick the perfect gift for someone she'd only met once. 

"I am so tired already." Joy sighed, stuffing another mouthful of her food into before continuing. "I don't want to do press today..."

"Me too," Seulgi said. "I think dance practice will be fun though, they were going to play some games today since it's almost winter break." Yeri groaned. 

"The last game was a group circuit workout, I don't think I'll be getting excited anytime soon." 

Irene watched Wendy out of the corner of her eye, she was taking small bites of her rice, spreading half of it around her plate and then eating the other half. Irene knew too well what she was trying to do but wisely didn't mention it. Even when she felt Wendy's eyes burning into her hands as she ate her own lunch. 

"Are we all sorted for our secret Santa's?" She asked instead. At the positive nod of the other members, she let out a contempt smile.

-

"And since there's no place to go..." Yeri chorused. "Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!"  She placed the recently wrapped present down for the finale, smiley cheekily at being the first to finish wrapping their gifts.

"Sometimes I wonder how you bagged a career as an idol..." Wendy teased. "But pass me the sellotape please." The ring was thrown at her violently and prompted an angry glare exchanged between the two girls. 

"If we're going to sing we should at least practice our own songs since we only have one more singing practice left," Irene suggested and with a little sigh from everyone else, they began rehearsing their favourite songs to perform. 

-

Sorry, this chapter is such a letdown! Especially after all of the lovely feedback you had all left me yesterday! I promise things will be getting more interesting, the next two chapters will be much longer and worth your wait. 

I'm currently posting this on both Wattpad and Asian Fanfics and I must say the response here has been so welcoming! I will definitely be writing more stories on here. 

Have a wonderful rest of your day!