Tears, Voice, Hopeless

We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung felt a lot more relaxed for the next few days, since he didn't have to think about Jungkook. Even better, Jimin clarified the doubts with Yugyeom's words. Taehyung had nothing to worry about. He should just focus on his work, and leave the problem to the upcoming weekend. Yes, Taehyung decided to observe during the weekdays, and solve during the weekend.

During these days, Taehyung noticed the expression on Jungkook's face. Sometimes, the boy looked pale and upset, sometimes relieved and happy. Taehyung wondered what made the younger happy after every phone call. He thought it was because Jungkook spoke to his friend, his brother, or a member of his family. He left his thoughts on their own. After all, Taehyung wanted to observe only, not come up with conclusions. He stopped himself from overthinking about Jungkook. He still considered Jungkook a rival, an enemy.

Finally, it was Friday. The last day of the week was finally here, before the weekend started. Taehyung was happy that he would finally have a break from studies, but homework was important too. What made Taehyung feel a little stressed, however, was the fact that he had to work in the cafe for the charity event.

Before Taehyung left the campus, he reminded himself to thank Yugyeom for earlier. "Oh, right. Hmm, where could Yugyeom be? Man, I gotta thank him before I forget!"

Little did he know, that Jimin watched him from the corner. 'I knew it. This whole solve-the-problem situation will change Taehyung to a nicer person, make him more socially connective. I hope he won't be nice to only us, but to everyone around him too. I hope he does it well.' Jimin thought before turning around and joining his friends.

On the other hand, Taehyung ran to the hallway, hoping to find Yugyeom around somewhere. And he found him, and saw Yugyeom talking with Jungkook. Tears were visible on Jungkook's face and Yugyeom was comforting him. Taehyung watched Jungkook hug Yugyeom and run off. So, Taehyung made his move.

He went to Yugyeom and said, "Hey. Umm, you remember me?"

"Duh! We met in class, didn't we? Plus, who wouldn't know this smarty pant?" Yugyeom winked.

Taehyung chuckled at that. "Uh, well.... Thank you for the tip that you told me back then."

Yugyeom smiled, "You are very much welcome! Are you going to talk to Jungkook? He told me you work in the same cafe he works in, same building as well!"

Taehyung nodded, pursing his lips as he felt a little uncomfortable, knowing that he had to solve the problem this weekend. "Yeah, I'll try. I mean, I have to. Or else, my hyung-deul… I told you that already, didn't I?"

"Yup. Good luck! Oh- Umm... C-Can you solve the problem quickly? Not pressuring you, but it's really hard to comfort Jungkook when I don't even know a lot about the problem. Jungkook doesn't say anything, he just cries by himself. What's worse, his brother went to Canada, so Jungkook is all alone, now. He's really upset, and I want to help. But I can't, because I don't know what happened between you and him. So, all my hope is in you. If you can do it, then everything will be solved. And I don't have to worry, Jungkook won't have to cry every day, and you won't have to stay away from your friends. Okay? I gotta go now. See you later!" Yugyeom waved and left.

Taehyung exhaled, processing whatever Yugyeom said. He shook his head and turned around to walk away, but then he stopped. He wanted to know where exactly Jungkook went. He knew that the only way to the exit was to the north. Where was Jungkook going, and why was he crying? So, he kept walking in the direction Jungkook ran towards.

He found Jungkook by the water filter, filling his water bottle. Jungkook drank some of the water and kept the bottle back in his bag, heading upstairs.

Taehyung silently followed him, stopping when he saw Jungkook enter the music room. "Why is he going to the music room? He doesn't even have Music in his course. Computer engineering has nothing to do with music, so why?" Taehyung asked as he took another step forward.

"Maybe I'll have a little fun... Haha! If Jungkook arrives late for work, and makes up some silly excuse when Mr. Woo scolds him... I can simply stir up the situation! I would say, 'No, Mr. Woo... Actually, Jungkook hates you. So, he tried to skip work by spending time in the music room!'. And that way, Jungkook will get some scolding! Ah, this is fun! Jungkook will die of embarrassment and humiliation-" Taehyung paused, as a melody reached his eardrums. He slowly opened the door and saw Jungkook playing the piano.

"What am I even doing? Writing and thinking of playing a song to Tae-hyung, so that I can confess? It's useless, hopeless... It's never going to work. He doesn't love me, he never will. Yah, I'm so foolish! 'Love Is Not Over', huh? Well, love is over. Everything's over for me. What am I supposed to do? How do I even face him at work? I should just look down... I can't and I won't be able to look at him in the cafe... Everything's misplaced, and wrong, and it's all because I didn't confess when we were younger, because I wanted to prevent myself from crying... Is love over?", Jungkook's voice sounded hurt.

"God, I'm asking you. No one is here, no one can answer my questions. So, I'm asking you, God. Is love over? Is love over for me?" His voice was like a whisper, a shaky voice, a soft voice. Jungkook stared at the paper in front of him. With a deep breath, Jungkook began to play the piano while humming a tune. He started to sing the lyrics of the song he wrote by himself: Love Is Not Over.


The long night is following you as it flows
Time follows you and fades

Why are you getting farther away?
So far that I can’t reach you?
Tell me why, you’re so far away, why
Can’t you see me in your eyes anymore?

Love is so painful<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter