Jungkook's Brother

We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung turned around and raised an eyebrow. "And who are you?"

“You don't know me, but I'm Jungkook's friend. Umm, my name is Yugyeom. You must be Kim Taehyung?" The boy answered, smiling when Taehyung nodded. He sat down beside Taehyung and sighed.

"Wait a second, you're the one who sat with Jungkook during lunch, right?" Taehyung asked immediately.

Yugyeom nodded and said, "Yup. When Jungkook was in Busan, we were roommates. And now he moved to Seoul and lives with his older brother, who usually works outside. I live in the dorms though."

Taehyung questioned, "How long has it been since Jungkook moved here?”

Yugyeom tapped his slender fingers on the table and said, "About a week... Yeah, only a week. Why do you ask?"

Taehyung didn't want to tell Yugyeom anything about the past. He didn't want to speak about the early days. Yugyeom wasn't trustworthy enough according to Taehyung. "Just asking, you don't have to know..."

Yugyeom thought it was something personal, so he shrugged it off. He paused and then asked kindly, "Mr. Lee's talking with someone outside. Before he comes, let's have a quick talk. So, can I help you with the problem involving Jungkookie?"

"No, of course, you can’t! Why should I need help from you?!?" Taehyung folded his arms and looked away.

"A few moments ago, you said you wanted someone's help. Can't I be that someone who you need help from?", Yugyeom grinned.

"I can't actually get help. My friends told me to do this by myself, or else they won't talk to me, which is horrible and I blame Jungkook for it!" Taehyung pouted.

Yugyeom stood up and simply said, "Well, good luck? I just want to say that, Jungkook wants you to start the talk because he can be a little too shy... He is really scared though. He doesn't want to see you because he is afraid, but at the same time, he wants to see you too."

"And what should I do about that?" Taehyung still didn't get it.

Yugyeom chuckled, "You said you don't need any help, so I leave the rest to you. Bye!" He smiled and went to his seat.

Taehyung gulped, not knowing what the boy meant. A while later, Mr. Lee entered the class and began to teach, giving no chance to Taehyung to think about Yugyeom's words.

After class, Taehyung knew he had no time to waste. He had a presentation to talk about in class, to which marks would be given. He just left his thoughts unthought-of and undisturbed. He went straight to class.

". No. No. No way.", Taehyung cursed as he spotted Jungkook on one of the benches. "Who the told you to pick computer science too?!?" Taehyung talked to himself before taking his seat, two benches away from Jungkook.

He showed his presentation, and a few other students did too. He was doing perfectly fine, except for when his eyes went over to meet Jungkook's. The sign of worry on Jungkook's face made Taehyung want to yell out ‘what are you thinking about?’. It was the biggest distraction to Taehyung, so he didn't look to where Jungkook was seated. But then again, why was Taehyung so interested in knowing the cause of Jungkook's worrying face?

Taehyung didn't care at all, so he just continued with his work. He decided to wait and observe. He wanted to see if Jungkook was just putting up a fake expression at the varsity.

After class, Taehyung headed out of the campus, waiting to go home with his friends. They would usually walk together, drop each one off at their houses. But that wouldn't happen today, and for even longer if Taehyung couldn’t solve the problem.

"Crap, who am I even waiting for?" Taehyung whined and turned around. He glanced towards the side one last time, and saw his friends walking out the gate.

Jimin signalled Taehyung to keep walking, and the latter did as he was asked but not so sure as to why he should do that. But Jimin and Taehyung were best friends, they would do anything for each other.

As Taehyung was walking, he saw Jungkook talking to someone on the phone. Taehyung kept walking forward, not interested in their conversation. But he ended up paying attention to the phone call anyway.

"Hyung, wait. Repeat what you said." Jungkook said to the person on the other side of the phone. "You're going to Canada? For how long?" Jungkook waited with a worrying expression. "Two weeks?!? Ah! Wait, does mother know?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter