Ch 9

Mafia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is your fault.” 

“Oh shut up.” 

The two of them had no idea where they were or how long they’d been knocked out for, but when they eventually came to it was clear to them that they were not in a police station liked they’d initially thought. The dark stone walls and lack of objects in the room could only tell them that they’d been abducted by a rival gang - at least, that’s what Misook thought when the two of them woke up tied together, back to back. 

“We could’ve escaped if you’ve just jumped the gap,” Misook hissed.

She was too angry with the situation to even bother trying to free herself from the ropes. Instead, she sat there, hypothetical steam rising from the top of her head as she waited for Kris to realise what a he’d been. 

Kris, however, remained silent. Misook continued with a sigh.

“So what’s the plan?” 

 

 

Joonmyun was not expecting Minseok to return to the base alone, and he definitely wasn’t expecting to hear that both Kris and Misook had been caught by the rival gang. Minseok looked exhausted when he came running through the lobby clutching his arm. 

“What happened?” Joonmyun questioned as he took Minseok to the infirmary. 

Yixing was already in there seeing to Jongdae when they arrived.

“We found the guns, heard footsteps, ran for it, and then Kris refused to jump a three-foot gap in the floor,” Minseok explained as he struggled to remove his jumper, “Misook tried to get him to jump but he wouldn’t move,” 

Joonmyun frowned, “He wouldn’t jump a three-foot gap?”

“No,” Minseok bit his lip as Yixing began prodding at his left arm, “he just stood there frozen, like someone had cast a spell on him,” 

“What happened to your arm?” Was Joonmyun’s next question. 

“The stairs gave way as I was coming down them- Ow!” He flinched as Yixing felt his forearm for breaks or fractures, “It was either fall on the gun case or try and catch myself. Starting to think the first one was the better option,” 

“It doesn’t feel broken,” Yixing proclaimed, “it’s more than likely badly bruised. I’ll wrap it up for you and give you some painkillers,” 

Minseok appeared sceptical, but then he wasn’t a doctor so he let Yixing do his work without complaint. Jongdae - who hadn’t said a word since they’d entered the infirmary - spoke up a moment later. 

“So, Misook and Kris were captured by rivals?” He was looking for confirmation. 

Minseok answered, “Yes, from across the river,” 

Jongdae’s expression became dark. Joonmyun and Minseok eyed him with confusion as he got off his bed and stalked out of the room. They both knew he wouldn’t be going after them - he pretty much never left the base unless he had a good reason. Jongdae never went out in the field unless absolutely necessary, and judging by his reaction this wasn’t one of those moments. Joonmyun didn’t blame him. Injured an outnumber

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter