Ch 8

Mafia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Like Kris had said, Sehun and Baekhyun arrived back at the base the following morning with a couple of new guns in their possession. Though the operation had gone to , the two of them had managed to grab a few from open boxes before making a break for it. Neither of them had been injured in the process, and Misook was happy to see Sehun in the surveillance room. 

“I don’t believe we’ve officially met,” Sehun said to the girl as she walked through the open door - something that set him apart from Jongdae. “Sehun,”

Misook bowed to him, “Misook,”

Much like Kris had done the previous day, Sehun had his feet up on the desk and was messing around with the tablet while simultaneously watching the cameras. 

“What are you doing?” She questioned. 

“Nothing much,” Sehun answered, “not a lot is going on this morning,” he yawned. 

“What time did you get back?” 

“About an hour ago,”

Misook frowned, “Have you even slept?”

He shook his head, “No, but Jongdae’s dosed up on painkillers so Kris doesn’t want him watching the base,” 

Understandable, “Couldn’t Kris do it?”

Before Sehun could reply, a loud bang came over the speakers and one of the cameras suddenly shut off. The camera was one not far away from the surveillance room, so Sehun jumped from his seat and went to go check without bothering to lock the door behind him. Misook followed him with a hand resting on her hip in case she needed to draw her gun, but what they found when they to the corridor that led to the stairs leading up was not what either of them were expecting. 

A girl with long, dark brown hair was lying on the floor laughing hysterically as Minseok tried to pull her to her feet. The source of her laughter became apparently when Misook noticed the girl was only wearing one shoe, and her eyes automatically went to find the camera that had been busted. Low and behold, sitting lodged between the ceiling and the damaged camera, was the girls’ other shoe. 

“What happened?” Sehun asked. 

It took a good minute for the girl to stop laughing, but when she did she used Minseok as a crutch to pull herself off the ground. She stood an inch shorter than Minseok, with waist length hair, and an outfit that would rival Mijung’s on a night out. 

“Minseok surprised me!” She giggled, throwing her arms around him. Misook could sense Minseok’s discomfort. 

The girl turned her attention to Misook, “Hi! I don’t think we’ve met! I’m Lien, Li Lien, and you are?”

“Misook, Kim Misook,” 

Before Lien could say anything else, Minseok chimed in, “Misook, Kris has a job for us,” 

Misook opted not to ask questions until the two of them were walking into the lobby where Kris and Joonmyun were waiting. The two of them stopped conversing when Minseok and Misook joined them at the reception desk. 

Kris was first to speak, “We’re going to scope out the warehouse, see if our buddies from across the river left anything behind,”

“Won’t the police still be there?” 

“Kyungsoo said they pulled out this morning,” Kris mentioned, “the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter