Ch 5

Mafia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yay! Early update XD 

 

Chanyeol appeared quite happy to see her in the armoury around lunch time. He’d set up some fresh targets for them both to practice with and was rather impressed when Misook hit her target dead on every single time. It had been a while since she’d fired a gun, but her skill apparently hadn’t deteriorated in the slightest. She wasn’t sure if her sister would fair the same, but then again she hoped her sister never had to use a gun. 

After firing the last bullet in the chamber, Chanyeol removed his ear mufflers and turned to Misook, “You’re pretty good with firearms,” 

Misook removed her own mufflers and put her gun down, “You’re not so bad yourself,” she said, “could work on your nerves though.” 

“You’re never going to let that go, are you?” Chanyeol muttered, earning a laugh from the girl. He’d pretty much accepted that he was going to be mocked for that for the rest of his life. 

Misook went and grabbed a drink from the table in the corner, making sure to pick one up for Chanyeol as she did so. The taller male gladly took it from her and took a huge swig just as someone else entered the shooting range; in a hurry. 

“Yeol, any chance you could fix this?” The male asked frantically, handing it to the taller. 

Misook wasn’t an engineer but even she could see that the weapon was beyond fixable. It was two completely separate pieces. How the bloody hell do you snap a gun in half? 

“Please tell me you’re joking.” 

“Duh. Sorry, gotta run.” And with that the male left as quickly as he’d come, leaving Misook confused and Chanyeol shaking his head at the destroyed weapon. 

“This is the third gun Baekhyun has broken this month alone, I don’t know how he does it.”

Misook cocked her head, “He’s really that clumsy?” 

Chanyeol snorted, “He once broke a bunch of plates just by walking into the kitchen. Some of the members think he’s cursed,” 

Misook raised her eyebrows, “Yeah I’m struggling to understand how someone can snap a gun in half.” 

“I’ve been wondering that since day one,” Kris said as he entered the room. Misook was beginning to wonder if he were following her around. He always seemed to be there, but before she could ask what he was doing, Chanyeol turned around and picked up a silver pistol. 

“Kris, could you take this to Joon? It’s got someone’s blood on it and we need to know who it belongs to, this type of gun isn’t used by us,” Chanyeol handed the gun to Kris. “Probably has fingerprints on it too,” 

“How can you tell?” Misook questioned, eyeing the gun suspiciously. 

Kris answered her, “We don’t use silver guns, all of our guns are either black or have a gold grip, specially painted by Chanyeol and Tao,” he explained, “they also have a K etched into the grip.” 

“That makes sense,” 

Misook noticed that neither Chanyeol nor Kris had their brands covered. Though only very small, Kris’s brand was slightly different to Chanyeol’s, something that a normal person probably wouldn’t notice in normal situations. Next to the K was a small cross surrounded by a tattooed black circle. Misook knew that this meant he was a leader (the cross) and that he’d been loyal to the mafia since day one (the circle). Chanyeol, on the other hand, had something else that Misook couldn’t clearly see from her position, but to her, it looked like a small smiley face with sunglasses. If she remembered correctly, this usually meant that the person had had ties with the police before joining. If something bad happened involving the police, Chanyeol would be the first person to be suspected of treason, though Misook highly doubted that would happen. 

“Come on, let’s get this to Joon,” Misook followed Kris out of the room without question. 

 

Joonmyun was still at the front desk when they arrived, looking moderately calmer than he had done earlier. Misook almost laughed when she saw him drinking a cup of coffee. Not for show this time. 

“Joon, Yeol wants this looked at,” Kris announced as he handed the gun over to the shorter male. 

Joonmyun smiled, “Yeah, no problem, I’ll do that now,” 

Getting up from his seat, Joonmyun followed Misook and Kris back down the stairs to basement level one before leaving them and heading lower down. Misook and Kris headed off in the direction of the kitchen in hopes that someone had already made lunch. It was already past midday so lunch should’ve been served already, but it was Minseok’s turn to cook so it may have been a little delayed after the incident that morning. 

Despite the confrontation, Minseok had indeed made lunch for them all. Three plates had already been taken; their name tags indicated that Luhan, Tao and Jongin had already grabbed their lunches. Sitting down, Misook took a bite and almost melted into her seat. Though not quite as well presented as Kyungsoo’s, it definitely made up for it with flavour. 

“Is everyone in this base a really good cook?” Misook asked, shovelling the food into . 

“Not everyone, Kyungsoo and Minseok are the best cooks, some of us don’t cook at all,” Kris mused.

“Could teach my brother a thing or two,” Misook muttered under her breath. Kris either didn’t hear her or completely ignored her. 

 

 

Heading through the door leading down to his lab, Joonmyun examined the gun in his hands. The blood splatter was only small but easy to make out against the silver paintwork. A quick swab would identify whose blood it is.

Just as he entered the code for his lab, something hard struck the back of his head. Joonmyun swayed to the side and landed heavily on his side, dropping the gun in the process before blacking out. 

 

 

There was something therapeutic about tidying books away in alphabetical o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter