Ladies' Choice

Hairspray
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I apologize for the all of the errors that were in the last chapter, I always try to read over the chapters but I guess I was not paying attention that day.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkTLQmqdwQ8, this is the performance video of 'Ladies' Choice' and then this is the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhWi2xsqcDo scene where Tracy makes her debut in 'The Corny Collins Show'. Please watch these two videos to have a better visual understanding for this chapter!

 

 

 

 

 

——

 

Momo and Sana walked into the gym to see decorations hanged up on the walls, a stage where Jungkook and some other male dancers were singing backup to ‘Ladies' Choice’ and right next to the stage was JYP jamming out to the funky tunes. The first thing Sana notices was a long white rope dividing the ‘dance floor’ into two sections. Sana saw that the Koreans and foreigners were clearly separated in the sections.

 

“What’s that?”, Sana points to the rope, wanting to confirm her suspicions and Momo shakes her head.

 

“That is what keeps us separated from the Koreans”, Momo says as they walk over to the foreigners who were watching. Tzuyu was dancing with her fellow dancers but stopped when she saw Sana walking by. Tzuyu smiles at the thought of Sana coming at her request. 

 

“Tzuyu?”, Chaeyoung asked as she kept dancing. The two spun around with their arms linked to each other and then they faced each other, alternating their hands on top of each other. “What’s got you smiling?” 

 

“Nothing”, Tzuyu lied but she still smiles brightly and Chaeyoung shakes her head. She looks over at JYP and an idea popped into her head. “Excuse me, I think I’m going to go fix my hair”, she quickly says, leaving Chaeyoung with no one to dance with.

 

“Hey!”, Chaeyoung called out for Tzuyu but the girl didn’t look back as she walked towards Sana. Momo looked surprised when the one and only, Chou Tzuyu, was approaching them. Sana starts to panic and quickly fixes her hair and smooths down her dress. Meanwhile, Nayeon keeps an eye on Tzuyu and Jungkook watches afar from the stage as he kept singing. 

 

“Hi...”, Tzuyu quietly says and Sana was shocked at how shy she was. She had always assumed Tzuyu was so confident with everything she did, especially from when she asked for Sana to come to the hop today. Sana shyly smiles with a red tint forming on her cheeks.

 

“Hi...”, she replied back and Momo rolled her eyes back. She then nudged Sana, telling her to say something else and Tzuyu notices this.

 

“Oh!”, Tzuyu suddenly says out loud. “I don’t think we’ve formally met. I’m Tzuyu”, she takes out her hand for Sana to shake. Sana gently grips her hand, trying to hide the squeals at the tingling effect that left on her hand.

 

“Sana”, if the Japanese wasn’t smiling before. She was definitely grinning ear to ear right now. Tzuyu looks over at Momo. 

 

“Hello, Momo”, Tzuyu politely greets the other Japanese and Momo’s mouth gaped at the mention of her name. 

 

“You know my name?”, she asked in disbelief and Tzuyu nodded in response.

 

“You’re one of the slickest dancers who is a foreigner...”, she says in admiration and Momo thanks her but her smile disappears and is replaced with a deadly glare when she sees Nayeon behind Tzuyu. 

 

“Tzuyu, you shouldn’t be speaking with these people”, Nayeon spat in disgust and Tzuyu looks down in disappointment. Sana also has the same look as the girl didn’t try to fight back and walked back to the ‘dance floor’. That was until Tzuyu quickly turned around, earning threats from Nayeon and the youngest offers. 

 

“Dance with me”, she asked Sana— but it was more of demand. Nayeon’s mouth drops to the ground at the words spoken from Tzuyu. Momo mirrors the same expression as she watches Tzuyu grab Sana’s hands. “C’mon, let’s go freak out! It’ll be fun!”, she excitedly says and Sana is ecstatic at the offer but politely declines it, shaking her head. 

 

“You know I can’t... You gotta dance with your crowd and I need to dance with mine. That’s just the way it is”, Sana says as she gently lets go of Tzuyu’s hands. Nayeon grabs Tzuyu’s arm, trying to drag her away but Tzuyu didn’t budge from her spot. 

 

“No”, Tzuyu refused, shocking Sana once again. “I’ve seen you before, you’re really good!”, she points at the host of the famous show who is dancing his heart out. “JYP will see your potential. I know it. Please, Sana. Please dance with me”, Tzuyu begged as she grabs Sana’s hand again. Sana looks over to Momo who is nodding at the girl. 

 

“Go on! Get out there and show them!”, Momo hollered as she pushed Sana and Tzuyu towards the dance floor. Sana turns around and shouts back.

 

“I don’t know what to do!”, Sana shouted in desperation and Momo smiles at her. 

 

“Just do what we’ve practiced before!”, she responded in a calm tone, referring to one of their moves they made up in their living room for fun. Sana raises her eyebrows when she realized the exact moves Momo was talking about. 

 

“But it’s your dance!”, Sana says, not wanting to steal Momo’s swift moves. 

 

“How about you borrow it for a second?”, Momo offered and Sana’s eyes lit up. 

 

“Really?”, she asked in disbelief and Momo nods her head. 

 

“Yeah, sure! Why not?”, Momo waves her hand off like it’s nothing. “Go get it, girl!”. Sana gives a thumbs-up and turns around to continue to walk with Tzuyu. Meanwhile, Nayeon stood in the same spot, fuming at her fellow show member. 

 

“Tzuyu!”, she yelled out. 

 

Tzuyu walks into the Korean side of the dance floor, holding Sana’s hand and everyone looks at them weirdly. Tzuyu made Sana stand in the middle of the Koreans and JYP raises an eyebrow, intrigued in what was happening. The Koreans slowly move back forming a circle around Sana. Jungkook stopped singing out of shock and the music kept going meaning that was Sana’s cue to dance. Jackson was dancing on the foreigner’s side but stopped when he saw the rare sight of Sana standing— dancing on the Korean side. Sana hits every beat to the drum as she shakes and shimmied her heart out. Tzuyu starts to clap along and JYP and most of the foreigners do the same as they cheer for Sana.

 

“Alright, Sana!”, Jackson proudly calls outs. The male Korean dancers start to dig Sana’s vibe as they also start clapping with a smile on their face, meanwhile, most of the female dancers were not pleased at the foreigner. Jihyo stands observing with a small smile creeping up on her face, and Nayeon and Jeongyeon crossed their arms as they scoffed.

 

“Tzuyu is so going to get it when we leave for the show today”, Nayeon threatens and Jeongyeon shakes her head in disappointment. Jihyo looks at the two in concern.

 

“She didn’t do anything wrong”, Jihyo stated and the two heads snapped at her.

 

“Are you defending that— “, Nayeon pauses to think of a good insult. “That grungy girl!”, Jihyo widens her eyes in shock and gasps.

 

“I’ve had enough of you Im Nayeon!”, Jihyo points to her. “We used to be childhood friends but now you’re just a stuck up skuzz!”, Jihyo left the two without saying anything else. Jeongyeon looks at the back of Jihyo’s head in regret, while Nayeon lets out a frustrated sigh. Chaeyoung smiles when she sees Sana give a quick wink to Tzuyu as she danced. The flustered girl quickly looked around to make sure nobody saw that, but she met with Chaeyoung’s eyes that had a mischievous glint in them. 

 

“Oh, I am totally bugging you about this later on”, Chaeyoung mumbles to herself as she smirks at Tzuyu who continued to stare lovingly at the foreigner. Jungkook watches the whole interaction between the two as he held the vintage 1960’s microphone. JYP also keeps staring at Sana with a proud smile, impressed on her ‘unique’ dance moves. Sana pulls Tzuyu towards her on the ‘dance floor’. 

 

“What are you doing, Sana?”, Tzuyu asked, trying to refuse and Sana gently shook her head. 

 

“You asked me to dance with you, so I am!”, she says in excitement. Tzuyu started to copy Sana’s moves and the male Korean dancers followed along as they stood around the two and started to dance. Jungkook continued to sing in disbelief at his girlfriend dancing with a foreigner. Momo watches from afar with a grin forming on her face and claps along to the song. ‘Wait, till I tell Mina and Dahyun about this’, she thought as she watched Sana have the time of her life with the person she’s always admired. When the song ends, Momo an eyebrow when JYP walks towards the two with a serious face. Momo’s eyes popped out as she rushed past the Koreans to Sana and Tzuyu. JYP looks at Tzuyu who was looking down ashamed of her actions, while Sana tried not to meet with JYP’s glaring eyes. Nayeon has a smug smile on her face as she waits for Tzuyu to receive her punishment. 

 

“I can explain— “, Tzuyu defended herself and Sana until JYP raises his hand to stop her from talking. He then looks at Sana. 

 

“Have you heard of ‘The JYPNation Show’?”, JYP

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter