I Can Hear the Bells

Hairspray
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NArVOnjXo0 another video/song to watch :)) I also need to mention that I ended up cutting the song short in the story

 

----

It turns out that detention after school was a blast for the three Japanese ladies as they found out it was the foreigners’ usual hangout during lunch. Through the loud music being played from the portable radio, Jackson starts laughing at Sana.

 

“You actually auditioned for that show!?”, he says in disbelief and starts slapping his friend’s shoulder. Sana nods and was starting to get embarrassed. 

 

“That’s slick, Sana!”, the girl hears Somi call out from across the classroom and gives her a thumbs-up. Momo and Mina sit down at a desk to eat their lunch. 

 

“Yeah”, Mina shows a mischievous smile. “It was slick until she got kicked out”, Mina shoots out, earning a glare from Sana. The memories of all of the dancers kicking her out in a very hip way, is always in her head, making her shiver every time. ‘Those dancers are really scary, especially Miss Im’, she thought, but the thoughts were replaced with happiness as she reminiscences the time Tzuyu held her hand. 

 

“Hello, Sana?”, Momo snaps her fingers in front of the girl who was spacing out. Sana slightly shakes her head to herself, having a goofy smile on her face. 

 

“Again?”, Jackson asks, knowing that Sana was thinking about Tzuyu. Momo and Mina both let out a sigh as they kept eating the lunch that Miss Myoui made. “Are you gay, Sana?”, Jackson says in a joking tone. Mina laughs with Jackson and Momo looks at Sana with wide eyes. Sana starts to feel herself sweating in nervousness. 

 

“Of course not!”, Sana pretends to laugh it off with Mina and Jackson. Momo follows their lead and pretends to chuckle. The school bell rings and all of the foreigners grab their belongings and head to class. Before Sana could walk out the classroom, Jackson stops her. 

 

“Hey, wait!”, he calls out and Sana takes a sharp breath, as she grips her books tightly. She turns around to face Jackson. “I just wanted to say I’m sorry for what I said earlier”, he apologized and Sana raises her eyebrows in shock. 

 

“It’s okay, Jackson. It’s no sweat. I need to go now”, Sana quickly says, trying to leave to her next class. Jackson grabs Sana’s wrist. 

 

“Wait— Y’know we’re tight? You can tell me anything”, Jackson sincerely says and Sana is left in awe. She nods as she gently shakes off Jackson’s hand and walks out of the detention room. 

 

“That was a little weird”, Sana mumbles to herself with eyes glued to the ground. Jackson has never acted that way in front of her. She lets out a surprised sound as she bumped into someone. 

 

“Woah! I’m sorry!”, Tzuyu says in a quick pace, crouching down to collect the books Sana dropped. She looked down to see that it was the same girl from the auditions, the one she held hands with. Tzuyu would stay to talk with her but she could not afford being late to her class. She wouldn’t hear the end of it from Nayeon. 

 

“It’s okay”, Sana whispers, also crouching to get her books. She looks up from the ground to see that it was the one and only, Chou Tzuyu, that she bumped into. Sana might faint right now, Tzuyu an eyebrow at the girl who is dreamily staring at her. 

 

“Excuse me?”, Tzuyu repeatedly says to get Sana’s attention. She nudges the pile of books that Sana was carrying, towards the girl. “Miss, can you please grab your books. I need to go to class!”, Tzuyu looks up at the clock on the wall, Sana remains ogling at Tzuyu, not knowing what do. Tzuyu lets out a groan of frustration, she forcefully places the books in Sana’s arms and runs off saying, “You’re welcome.”

 

Sana watches as Tzuyu runs down the hall. “Thank you…”, Sana whispers to herself, still crouching on the floor, telling herself that what just happened was not a dream. 

 

—— 

 

The next day, Momo and Mina had to spend their lunch being tutored by another student as they forced by a teacher to improve in Math. Luckily, it was someone they both knew and grew fond of. Kim Dahyun. The pale girl told the two foreigners to meet in the library, where it was always empty and quiet because no one in the 60’s cared about education, except for Dahyun. 

 

“I’m telling you! In the future, education will advance and take over dancing!”, Dahyun excitedly screams to the two girls who are looking at her in confusion. They sat at the table in the middle of the library, it was okay to yell because there was no librarian to scold them. Dahyun sat across the two as Momo looks over at Mina. 

 

“What did she just say?”, she whispers to Mina who shrugged her shoulders. The two gives each other one last look and then turn to smile at Dahyun. 

 

“It’s nice to know you’re so jazzed out about education, Dahyun”, Mina fondly says and the latter nods. “Thanks for helping us, we thought no one would help us because…”

 

“Because you’re foreigners?”, Dahyun finishes Mina’s sentence. “I don’t know if this surprises you but I was the only one willing to sign up to help you two”, the tutor winks at the two and Momo grins at Dahyun.

 

“You really meant what you said at the auditions?”, Momo asks, wanting to know more about how Dahyun thinks of foreigners— definitely not the fact that she was interested in the girl. Dahyun nods in response. 

 

“Why can’t we live in a world where we all get a chance? Right?”, Dahyun says as she looks up at the ceiling and the other two nod their heads in agreement. “Okay, let’s start!”, the girl slams math textbooks on the table, earning groans from Mina and Momo. Meanwhile, in order for Sana to survive lunch by herself, she decided to go to the detention room. She opens the door and sees that all of the foreigners were dancing to the music being played by the dainty portable radio. Sana greets a few as she takes her seat.

 

“Hey, Sana! Come dance with us!”, a guy called out and Sana shakes her head. 

 

“I’m not in the mood”, Sana responded and Jackson pops in, grabbing both of her hands. 

 

“C’mon! We’ll have a blast”, Jackson excitedly shouts as he leads Sana towards the front of the class. She hears the other foreigners cheering for her. Sana starts to whine her waist to the music, earning a few chuckles from Jackson. Meanwhile, Tzuyu and Jin were walking together in the halls, until Tzuyu heard music coming from a certain room. Jin tries to stop her. 

 

“C’mon, Chou! There’s nothing to see there”, Jin says, grabbing onto her arm. Jung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter