The Legend of Miss Baltimore Crabs

Hairspray
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoNBLaNLpEk, watching this video is recommended for this chapter! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---- 

“We have a problem”, Mina first says to Sana and Momo as she enters their homeroom class. Sana and Momo both give confused looks to Mina who is nervously chuckling. She clicks her tongue and points at them. “My mom wouldn’t sign the notes…”

 

“WHAT!”, Momo and Sana stand up from their seats and walks towards Mina. 

 

“I’m sorry!”, the girl quickly says. “My mom wanted to know why so I told her…”, Mina looks down in disappointment. Momo sighs and flails her arms down.

 

“Don’t sweat it, Mina”, Sana places her hand on Mina’s shoulder. “We can just skip third class?”, she looks over to the two and they both nod in response. “Although, you don’t have to come if you’re worried— “ 

 

“Worried about what? That we’ll get detention?”, Momo laughs to herself and she swings her arms around Mina and Sana. “Foreigners like us, are used to trouble”, Momo winks at the two. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Tzuyu”, the girl heard the host of the show call out. Tzuyu turns around to see JYP giving her a humble smile. He walks towards his favourite dancer. “I have something to tell you”, he says in a low tone and Tzuyu nods in response. “You need to watch your attitude with Miss Im Nayeon. One more snarky comment and she’ll go ape”, Tzuyu chuckles. 

 

“I’m sure that ape can handle anything”, Tzuyu gives a small smile but JYP has an emotionless stare. 

 

“I’m serious, Chou Tzuyu”, JYP raised his one eyebrow and Tzuyu gulps. “I didn’t legally change your nationality just to have you flee the show. Bogart the comments, Tzuyu”, he leaves off to his dressing room and Tzuyu’s mouth turn into a slight frown. ‘Maybe, he’s right. He did help you get into the show— ‘ 

 

“Is everything alright?”, Chaeyoung’s voice interrupts Tzuyu’s train of thoughts. Tzuyu nods at her friend. 

 

“Yeah— “, Tzuyu lied with a fake smile. “Let’s go practice before the auditions start”, she quickly says, grabbing ahold of Chaeyoung’s arm. They walk towards the dance floor, where the other dancers had gathered around. Miss Im smirks as she tells the dancers to get into position. 

 

“Let’s scare those newcomers”, she says in an evil voice. Nayeon smirks at her mother. “Front step, cha-cha-cha, back step cha-cha-cha, side step, front step, back, and turn”, the teenagers dance accordingly to Miss Im’s demands and they hear the door open, but still remain to dance. Sana, Mina and Momo walk in the set along with others who want to audition for the show. Sana notices a pale girl wearing glasses, who had a little bit of chub— but not the bad kind, it made the girl look adorable. Sana would never offend someone’s body like that. The pale girl notices Sana staring at her and took the initiative to greet the three. 

 

“Hello, I’m Kim Dahyun”, she takes her hand out and the three girls shake her hand. By the time Dahyun goes to shake Momo’s hand, Dahyun freezes at the sight of the beautiful girl. “Uh-uh”, Dahyun stutters and Momo winks. 

 

“The name is Momo, but you can call me something else”, she says seductively and her two best friends roll their eyes at the girl. Dahyun’s whole face turns red and pushes her glasses up. 

 

“Oh my god, guys, there’s Tzuyu, Tzuyu!”, Sana whispers to the three and Dahyun raises an eyebrow at the girl who is currently ogling at the dancer. Dahyun looks over to Momo and Mina who give her a look saying that this was normal. “I can't believe I'm really here auditioning!”, Sana exclaims.

 

“We can't believe we’re really here watching you audition!”, Momo and Mina say in unison. They give each other a glare and step aside to watch Sana and Dahyun audition. 

 

“Front step, cha-cha-cha, back step cha-cha-cha, side step, front step, back, and oh Nayeon”, Miss Im turns around to look at the people who are auditioning— which all of them are females. Nayeon does the same, while the other dancer remained looking at the front of the set. They both share a look of offense. “Look at this motley crew!”, Sana frowns at the comment and she looks over to Dahyun who remains smiling. “Oh, this town has sure gone downhill since I was crowned Miss...

 

“Oh, mother not more ancient history!”, Nayeon whines, getting bored of her mother’s glorious title. The dancers continue to dance as Miss Im starts to sing. 

 

“Oh, my god how times have changed, these girls must be blind, or completely deranged!

But, time seem to halt when I was Miss Baltimore Crabs.

 

“Nayeon, that move is far too dirty!”, Miss Im scolds. 

 

“Mother, wake up from that dream of yours, this isn't 1930!”, Nayeon mockingly says, shaking her hips and all of the girls giggle at her comment. Then, the girls dance with the boy next to them. 

 

“You can laugh, but life's a test!

Don't do this, don't do that!”, Miss Im s her hips and Tzuyu grimaces at the sight. 

 

“Remember, mother knows best!

And the crowns in the vault from

When I won Miss Baltimore Crabs”

 

“These steps are perfect ammunition”, Nayeon slowly walks past her mom with a smirk on her face. 

 

“Let me show you how your mommy dear took out the competition”, Miss Im says in a low tone. “Girls, go get them”, the female dancers stopped dancing and skipped over to the girls who were auditioning. Sana started to panic as Nayeon was getting closer to her, however, Nayeon just gives her one smug look and then proceeds to take Dahyun’s hand, bringing her over to the dance floor. Momo and Mina look at Nayeon holding Dahyun’s hand with wide eyes and Sana looks over to them with the same look. Tzuyu sees Sana and takes the opportunity to take her hand, Sana gives her a shy look in return as their fingertips made contact. “And boys lets rumba!”, Miss Im calls out to the boys who were still dancing. Tzuyu and Sana stand next to each other as they watch the male dancers. 

 

“1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7”, Miss Im counted as the boys started to form a conga line behind her. 

 

“Those poor runner-ups

Might still hold some grudges

They padded their cups

But I screwed the judges!”, Miss Im smirks and turns around to face the conga line. Jin, who was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter