Nine Ladies Dancing

12 Days of Writing (Christmas Special)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was still raining when Jisung woke up. It couldn't have been past noon but with the dark clouds, it could've been way later. Unlike the night before, the rain was falling in heavy waves, splattering against the giant windows, and leaving behind an echo that felt heavier than a ton of bricks.

She lay there several moments, coming to her senses, before she stretched long and wide across the spacious bed. The blue satin sheets around her slid softly against her skin, unable to keep up with her movements, it dropped onto the matress underneath Jisung, exposing her to the cool air of the apartment. With a shiver, Jisung halted her stretching both from the sudden cold and a certain soreness that seemed to reach deep down into her bones in the gentlest way possible.

Pulling the sheets back over her bare skin, abruptly feeling very exposed. She smothered a yawn, her eyes trailing through the dim studio. It thundered loudly the same moment her eyes found the silhoette (?) in front of the window. He looked almost as he were standing out in the rain, his broad shoulders swallowing up the rain drops like they were oxygen.

Jisung's eyes began to adjust then, more details of everything coming into view. Like the armchairs sitting in front of the window and the coffee cup sitting on the floor next to the one on the left, the ceramic object long forgotten in the night, or the discarded shirt lying in the floor halfway between the bed and the windows, or the too pink pair of swollen lips Jisung's eyes locked onto when the rain bearer turned to face her.

"How long have you been awake?" Poly asked. Jisung averted her eyes, looking into his own brown ones as he sauntered across the room. From the looks of him, he must've been awake for a while before she even rolled over. He perched himself on the edge of the bed, not quite sitting, but not looking ready to crawl back into bed.

Jisung's eyebrows furrowed as she gazed at his pink lips, flashes of last ni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter