Five Golden Rings

12 Days of Writing (Christmas Special)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt: “I’m about to try to kill you, and my future self appears, trying to stop me, telling me I’ll fall in love with you one day.” AU

-cred. promptlywritingideas

The air around Sehun seemed to disappear, to entirely leave until he was gasping, his lungs crying out for oxygen. Then he was falling and suffocating and if he hadn't done this a million times before, he would've sworn he was dying.

Seconds later, he was thudding to the wet ground, behind some restaurant. It was pouring rain which meant he had landed in the right place. Just to be sure, he pulled back his coat sleeve and looked at his watch. Exactly 9:58PM. He had 20 minutes.

Sehun straightened out his coat and fled to the street. He passed several people heading into the restaurant, desperate to get out of the cold, but he didn't follow them. He crossed the street, heading for the old closed office building. He couldn't remember exactly why it had closed but he knew exactly why he needed to go there. The black car parked out front told him he was right on the mark.

He made sure no one was looking as he picked the front lock and let himself in. Then he mounted the stairs just inside the entrance, climbing them two at a time as quietly as he could. He feared he had only one chance at this and he could not mess this up. He would never forgive himself. 

A loud crash echoed from the levels above and Sehun picked up his pace, glancing at his watch. 15 minutes. He had 3 floors to climb and the elevator did not work. He could hear faint shouting, too distant to understand clearly but he knew exactly what was being said.

She could be threatening to slit his throat and he would laugh and throw a knife at her, landing it just above her head. 

Finally, he reached the 4th floor and pulled a mask out of his pocket, securing it over his face. Then he burst into the large conference room. Both people in the room failed to notice his entrance. The man had the woman pinned to the table, a knife at , muttering threats to her.

"Just get it over with," she shouted, fighting him regardless of her words. For a moment, Sehun was stunned. He'd always remembered this day, how she'd been so resilient even in the face of death, but seeing it now, from where he stood, he wasn't sure what to do. So he did as he remembered.

Storming forward, he threw the man off of her, slamming him into the wall. "That's enough, Sehun," he said. It was odd saying his own name.

"Who are you?" the slightly younger man asked angrily, righting himself and readying his nice. "Who sent you?"

Behind Sehun, the girl scrambled away, to the other side of the table.

"Go, leave," he tol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter