Chapter 34

Hey Playboy, Remember Me?

 

           “Come on, Woohyun. Don’t be such a baby.” You laughed, jabbing the air with your right hand.

           He looked up at you from his sitting position and groaned, “I’m so tired. How do you work out for so long?” He complained and rubbed the spot you punched him earlier.

           Unlike most “couples”, you didn’t really do cute couple ; you enjoyed beating Woohyun up whenever you could. Still … It’s not like you can call yourself a couple with him. You knew exactly why you were doing this and had a hint of why Woohyun was too. He was probably only flirting around with you just because you were popular around school and probably because you’re attractive. It all made sense to you – because it would make him look good, just like Seungyeon’s case with him.

           Was it even okay to say “couple”? It was just a “thing”: more than friends, but less than lovers, but you knew that damn well you were in it to get one step closer to tearing him to shreds. You weren’t his friend, you weren’t his lover. It was just a sick game you were playing – just like the one he played on you a year ago.

           Woohyun kissed you on the cheek, making you snap out of your thoughts. You turned to him and offered a fake smile.

           ‘Good job, Veronica. You’re doing well.’

---------

            “Omo,”

            “Woohyun and Veronica?”

            The other students watched as you entered the school, your hand intertwined with Woohyun. You didn’t want to, but Woohyun insisted and took your hand, dragging you along. You entered your class annoyed. Now that your morning was filled with people whispering about you and Woohyun, it wasn’t as quiet as it should be. Since you and Woohyun were the buzz around school, at any moment Seungyeon would be walking through that door to create a ruckus.

            “Hey, Mina,” you took a seat next to her. Instead of sitting way in the front, she’s been sitting with you in the back lately, though she’s still a nerd at heart.

            “So…. You and Woohyun, huh?” she asked quietly, looking down and scribbling blobs of circles.

            You looked at him and quietly scowled to yourself, “Ehh,”

            She pressed her pencil down against the notebook, “You two…. You two look good together.” The lead snapped off the pencil.

            “You okay, Mina?”

            She let out a sigh before dropping the pencil and standing up, “I’m fine. I just have some family issues on my mind right now.”

            Before she could leave, you stood up. “Want to talk about it?”

            She replied by shaking her head and leaving the classroom.

            You sat back down, acknowledging that she wanted to be alone. You were the type of person that if someone said they were fine, then they were fine. You didn’t like pestering people about their problems. If they felt like it, they would tell you when and if they are ready.

            You watched as she left the class, bumping shoulders with Seungyeon. Mina and her locked eyes for a moment before Mina scoffed and continued her way.

            ‘Good job, Mina.’

           Seungyeon turned back to look at her with disbelief then turned her eyes to glare daggers at you, making you tilt your head and smirk in return. As she strode over to you, Woohyun stood up and came in between the small gap of her from your desk. She glared at Woohyun, and in rage she slapped him across his face, making his face turn the direction of the strike. The other female students gasp; who would dare hit The Nam Woohyun – one of the best-looking guys in the school.

           “Yah,” her breath labored from anger, her eyes tinged a red from sustaining her tears.

           Woohyun looked back at her, holding the cheek that stung. “Just let it go, Seungyeon. Get over it. It’s all done.”

           Typical Nam Woohyun: he always ended things easily. Of course; he’s been through this so many times. Seungyeon should have seen it coming. Though, you pitied her. To be dumped in front of everyone and being embarrassed by Nam Woohyun. You felt her pain; you’ve been through it before. You couldn’t do anything, but feel a little bad for her. Just a little bit. Even if you felt bad for her, you weren’t going to come to her rescue. You were still in the middle of a war.

           Seungyeon shrieked, pushing Woohyun aside. As she closed the gap between her body and your desk, she pulled you up by your collar. You decided to let it go this time, and grinned, folding your arms in front of your chest arrogantly.

           “Ever since you stepped foot into this school, everything’s been out of balance!” she yelled in your face. She shoved you backwards and angrily gripped the edge of your desk, flipping it a few feet to the side as she strode over to you. “Just who do you think you are?!” she grabbed your collar once more and shook you.

           You understood what she meant. Everyone would mind their own business. When someone picked on Mina, they would just watch as helpless bystanders. Now that you showed up, Mina wasn’t the typical nerd anymore and no one picked on her. Before you came along, Seungyeon and her posses were top dog around school, and Seungyeon had Woohyun and Infinite. It’s all changed.

            You grabbed her wrist, still holding your arrogant smirk. Her grip was weak upon your touch and you easily pried her off and shoved her back by the wrist that was in your grip. She stumbled backwards, bumping into another desk behind her, causing it to slightly slide against the floor and screech.

            “This is just the beginning.” You sneered at her, as if mockingly. You knew you won this round, just like you always did. And to dig yourself deeper, you began to harass her even more with cruel words, telling that she was just trash to Woohyun, asking if she really thought she meant even the slightest bit to him.

            She stared furiously at you, and not wanting to listen anymore, she was about to throw a punch to which Woohyun took full on when he tried to stop her. When her light fist made impact on Woohyun, she gasped and covered with her hands, frantic. “Oppa, -I… I didn’t mean to,”

            With back-up coming in, Myungsoo grabbed Seungyeon by her elbow and lead her out of the classroom.

            “You hit like a little !” you shouted to taunt her even more as she was being pulled away. You could hear her sniffling; probably crying at this point.

            “Veronica, that’s enough.” Sunggyu shook his head.

            Woohyun came to your side as Sungjong and Dongwoo fixed the knocked over tables. Hoya, who came in late was confused by the awkward atmosphere within the class. “Did I miss something?”

            “Aren’t I such a good boyfriend? I just took two hits for you.”

            You looked at him weirdly.

            ‘Boyfriend? Uh… okay sure.’

            Sunggyu looked at Hoya, Dongwoo, and Sungjong at the mention of “boyfriend”, thousands of thoughts rushing to their mind. They returned their gaze to Woohyun who quirked his eyebrows up as the corner of his lip lifted in victory.

            Woohyun tried to kiss your cheek, but you planted your hand in his face and push him back, giving him a look. You went over to grab your bag, adjusting it on your shoulder and walked to the door.

            “Where are you going?” Sungjong asked.

            “I’m hungry. I’m gonna go get some ice cream.”

            Woohyun followed behind.

            “No… You stay here. I want time alone,” you lied. He pouted and quickly stole a kiss on your lips as he smiled triumphantly. You stood there, shocked, before scowling and hitting his arm, and then walked off.

            Myungsoo (who just returned), Sunggyu, Hoya, Sungjong, and Dongwoo all looked at Woohyun.

            He let out a nervous chuckle, “You know her. She’s just still playing hard to get.”

----------

           You leaned against your motorcycle in front of Chunji’s school gate. He came out with his backpack in one hand, thrown over his shoulder and his other hand in his pocket, smiling widely. “You skipped class just to come see me?” he feigned being touched and pulled his hand out of his pocket to place it over his heart.

           You tossed the helmet to him, “Get on. I want ice cream. Plus, I had a pretty amusing day at school today that I need to tell you about.”

           “As long as I get to drive,” he bargained.

           You laughed, tossing him the keys. He caught it and put on his backpack properly before hopping on and letting the engine roar as you hugged his waist. The both of you zoomed off, skipping school for the day, to a day of fun with your best friend. 


You'll find out about what happened to Mina later on. :P 
Please Comment. Subscribe. Enjoy <3 
P.S
- I have now have a total of 1000+ subbies ! Thank you so much for all your support <3