Chapter 12

Hey Playboy, Remember Me?

 

            “Come on, let’s hang out instead.” Chunji pouted with puppy eyes as he held onto your arm with both of his hands.

            You stuck your hand in his face and pushed it away, “No, I’m going to the library to study and that’s final.” You adjusted your bag on your shoulder and kept walking, but Chunji was too persistent.

            He went in front of you and stopped, “Please?”

            “No,” you moved to the left, but he moved and blocked your way.

            You tried moving to the right, but he blocked it again.

            “Yah, Chunji,” you stopped and folded your arms. Trying once again, you moved to the left, but he repeated the same thing.

            “Please, pretty please with a cherry on top?”

            “No, I need to go study.”

             “Let’s just hang out. Quit being a book worm. Don’t you want to hang out with your best friend?” He emphasized the “best friend” part.

            “Chunji I need to-”

            Suddenly his phone rang, “Hello? Ahh, Noona! Yeah, I can hang out. I’ll see you there.” He hung up. He looked at you and smiled sheepishly, “I’ll see you later?”

            You scoffed, “You and your Noonas”

            “They can’t resist me and I love Noonas.” He hugged you and went off.  

            You went to the library and placed your things down onto the table. You looked around and started recalling the days when you used to sit in this silence-filled place, spending hours studying.

            You felt a vibration in your pocket. You took out your phone, receiving a text from Chunji.

            ~Hey, I can’t pick you up from the library later. Is it okay if you walk home by yourself? I’m with Noona ;) ~ Chunji

            ~ Yah, did I ask you to walk me home? Jk, but eww…. You seriously need to stop telling me your business with the Noonas. It’s gross.~

            ~I’ll make it up to you! Gtg! Noonas calling me to… you know ;) ~ Chunji

            ‘Aish, how gross,’ you slipped your phone back into your pockets and started studying.  

----------

            With your left arm over your right, you extended your arms up and stretched, “Phew,”

            You looked outside and noticed that it was getting dark and already sprinkling, ‘Better head home before it gets darker and rain even more,’

            Stuffing your things into your bag, you pushed your chair out to get up from your seat, but accidentally caused someone to trip over the chair leg.

            “Sorry,” you bent down to help her gather her papers.

            You stood up and stuck your hand out to her.

            Looking up from the floor, you noticed it was Mina.

            She shyly took your hand and got up, “Thank you,”

            You gave her a warm smile, nodding your head once.

----------

            ‘Should have brought a jacket’ you mentally slapped yourself. You felt the sprinkles become heavier, ‘And an umbrella,’

            Rubbing your arms, you began walking faster, but you heard a noise and turned around only to see nothing.

            ‘Probably just the wind,’ you tried calming your nerves.

            You started tensing up when you heard footsteps behind you. Aware, you turned around.

            Not very far from you stood two guys.

            “Well, well, well, what do we have here?” they strode towards you.

            “I remember you,” one of the guys grabbed your chin with his hand and examined your face, “You’re the girl from the club,” he growled. (Chapter 2)

            You remembered, “Didn’t I tell you that I was allergic to losers?” you pushed his hand away.

            “Feisty, I like,” the other circled around you, examining your appearance, “and pretty hot too.”

            You rolled your eyes then scoffed, walking away.

            “Where do you think you’re going?” the guy from the club pulled you back by your elbow.

            You yanked your elbow away and glared at him.

            “How cute,” the other guy chuckled as the two slowly got closer and closer to you, trapping you in between their bodies.

            You tried elbowing one of them, but they grabbed your wrists and pinned you against a wall.

            “I think we have some unfinished business from the club,” he whispered against your ear and you felt their hands roam your body.

            Violated, you stomped on their foot causing them to wince in pain, distracting them. Taking the opportunity, you ran, but they ran after you.

            ‘If there was only one of them, I’d kick his . I’m outnumbered,’ you cursed in your head.

            You turned your head back while running.

            They were catching up.

            “,” you ran faster.

            Turning your head to take one more glance at them, you ran into someone and clashed onto the ground, but you quickly got up.

            “Sorry!” you were about to run again, but he grabbed your arm and turned you around.

            “Veronica?”

            You looked at him, “Woohyun?”

            “Yah!” the two guys yelled from a distance.

            “I gotta go,” you tried escaping, but Woohyun kept his grasp.

            “Finally,” the two guys came to a stop and smirked at you then eyed Woohyun from head to toe, “Hand her over.”

            You thought Woohyun was going to hand you to them, but instead he protectively stood in front of you, “No.”

            The other guy scoffed, “Or else,”

            “Not a chance,”

            The guy from the club threw a punch, but Woohyun easily caught his fist and punched him.

            A fight broke loose between the two.

            The other guy came behind you and tried to grab you, but out of fear, you flipped him.

            He landed on his back with a painful groan and got up to regain his posture, posting up to fight.

            ‘Is he really going to fight a girl?’ you mentally shook your head.

            He swung his fist at you, but you blocked it using your arm, and used your other hand to punch him in the face. He stumbled backwards, but attacked again with another swing. You ducked down and came back up with an uppercut to his jaw. Finishing it off, you kicked him down, using his weak spot as an advantage- the nuts. He groaned in pain, holding the area with both his hands, and dropped to the ground.

            You quickly went to help Woohyun by using the same technique.

            Woohyun winced, “Ooo, that’s got to hurt.”

            Quickly getting away from the scene, you grabbed Woohyun’s hand and ran.

---------

            You walked into your apartment, both of you panting. You dropped your bag and went to the kitchen to grab some water.

            Woohyun laid sprawled out onto the sofa in the living room.

            Coming out from the kitchen, Woohyun sat up as you handed him the water. He chugged in down. Wiping the side of his mouth he asked, “When did you learn how to fight like that?”

            “Back in the states,”

            “Why were they chasing you?”

            “When I was at the club this one time, I-”

            “Oh, I remember now.” He cut your sentence off and laughed, “Well, I guess I’ll get going then since you’re okay now.”

            You looked at the time, “It’s late. You can sleep on the sofa or in the extra guest room down the hall.”

            You left the living room and went to your room, coming back out in just a few minutes, “Here,” you threw him some clothes and a towel, “There are some pillows and blankets in the closet by the guest room.”

            He nodded his head in understanding and went to go shower.

            Woohyun came out of the bathroom and sat down onto the sofa, drying his hair with the towel while you watched TV.

            You handed him the remote, “Here, watch whatever. I’m going to go shower. There’s food if you’re hungry.”

            After showering, you walked into the living room. The TV was still on and there was a half eaten sandwich on the coffee table. Woohyun was already knocked out.

            You grabbed some extra blankets and placed it over him. Grabbing the plate with the half eaten sandwich and turning off the TV and lights, you headed off to bed.


 Thanks for all the support you guys have been giving me :D
Comment. Subscribe. Enjoy