It wasn't about money

He intrigues me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Taehyung?"

Taehyung looked up at her and let out a long heavy sigh.

"Taehyung, was it my Mother, did she say something? Actually now that I think about it, it was probably her that told you to stay away from me, wasn't it? That's the whole reason why you all of a sudden have to go away for a year? Right? Right?"

"Enough!"

Irene stepped back as Taehyung stood up abruptly. "What? What's wrong?"

"It's all hard on me, it's all just, so, so hard" he said in a whimpering voice as he sat back down,

Irene went to put her hand on his shoulder but she hesitated and then pulled away and let out a soft sigh as she pouted and looked at the ground.

"Irene, can I explain everything, to you?"

"Everything? What do you mean, every thing? Has something happened? "

"Please, can you just let me talk for a bit?"

Irene went silent and nodded her head. "Should I, si-sit down?"

"No need to stutter or be nervous, I may sound like I'm about to drop a huge bomb or something but in reality you won't really care that much about everything I am about to tell you".

Irene frowned "don't say that! If it is affecting you then it is something I care about!"

"Why though?"

"Why what?"

"Why would you care about things that are affecting me?"

Irene smiled and then she reached out and put her hand on his shoulder, which took him by surprise. "I care about you" she said with a soft and kind voice.

Taehyung smiled a little but then he quickly went back to his poker face. "Just sit down".

Irene quickly sat at the seat across from him "Okay, tell me everything, I'm ready!"

"Okay, well, do you remember that night that I saved you?"

"Well, of course I do! How could I forget?"

"No, not that time, the first time?"

"Oh, that time, well, to be honest, I don't remember it all to well, only just bits and pieces, I'm, I'm really sorry.."

"Don't apologize, it's fine, but you remember it happened, right?"

"Yes, yes I do. Why?"

Taehyung looked at the table and his cheeks began to heat up.

"Taehyung? Are you okay?"

"I, what I'm about to say is a bit hard for me to say, so, so please don't laugh".

"I won't, I promise, please, tell me" squealed Irene eagerly as she leaned forward.

"I, no-no not I, my heart, oh actually no, not my heart, I mean, my mind, no, umm, my body, no, no, not my body.."

Irene tilted her head as she watched Taehyung getting all worked up "Taehyung, calm down" she giggled.

Taehyung took in a deep breath and the exhaled.

"Okay, now, please, start again" said Irene as she then smiled a soft smile.

Taehyung cleared his throat and then looked away from her.

"Taehyung?"

"I liked you" he blurted out.

Irene's eyes widened. "You, you liked me?"

"Well,  you don't remember, but when we got back to your place, your parents weren't home so you asked me to stay".

"I, I did?" 

"I really wanted to call the police and leave you seen as I too was a stranger but, you refused to call the police and you begged me to stay just until you had calmed down, to be honest, I thought that was silly and naive of you and that's exactly what I said to you, but you didn't care, you just kept asking me to stay".

"Really? I'm so sorry, I really can't remember doing that, I'm sorry if I was a pain".

"No, no, it's fine, but see, Irene, I know you have other friends, I now know you even had Sehun in your life at that time, so, why did you want me to stay?" 

Irene shook her head "I'm sorry, I can't remember that night very well, it's as if that particular memory is locked inside a treasure chest in my mind and not even I have a key!"

"So, so you can't remember that we talked for about an hour after the whole incident?"

"Taehyung, I'm really sorry, I can't.." Irene could feel herself getting worked up, emotionally and she could feel her eyes becoming watery.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, it's okay, I didn't mean to push this onto you" said Taehyung as he leaned over the table with his hand reached out towards her.

She looked at his hand and then looked at him, she felt a tear come down her cheek.

"Irene, don't, don't cry" he said with a weakened, soft voice as he looked at her with big worried eyes.

"I'm sorry, I'm trying to remember but, but for some reason the harder I try to remember, the more worked up I get, my emotions feel like they are every where".

"Well, let's not think or talk about it then, okay?"

Irene noticed his hand was still reached out towards her so she put her hand on top of his and then looked at him to see his cheeks were red and his expression was as if he had just seen a ghost. "Taehyung?"

Taehyung's expression softened as he heard her say his name. "Well" he said as he pulled back and sat straight. 

"Is some thing the matter?" 

"No, nothing is the matter, but,  I need you to let me finish what I want to say, okay?"

Irene nodded "I will, go ahead".

"No laughing, no interrupting, okay?"

Irene nodded "None, I promise".

"Okay, this may be the last time we speak so I will have to be completely honest with you about everything and, and this is hard for me".

"I know, but please, try, you can trust me, you know that right?"

Taehyung nodded and smiled softly "I'll start now". He let out a sigh and then closed his  eyes, he could feel his heart racing but as he was about to speak he heard a voice in his mind telling him not to speak, not to tell her any thing, the voice was his own voice and he was finding it hard to stop hearing it. He hit his head "Just shut- up!" 

Irene's eyes widened "huh?"

"Irene, I'm sorry" he said as his eyes widened and he stood up. "Just tell her abour Yeri! You don't want her to know that you accepted her Mother's idea, do you think she'll even respect you after that? Besides her Mother will proba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter