chapter 9

Falling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seolhyun walks into the room with a heavy step. She sat after pushing the chair roughly backward. Looking down and turning on the computer, she was in the least mood to talk. Even when one of the leasing employees, Minhyuk, came with three boxes of three dozen Dunkin’ Donuts that made a crowded with the staff, Seolhyun didn’t participate in the excitement.

As other staff gather around Minhyuk with outstretched hands to ask for donuts, Seolhyun stays in place, not even turning around. It was only when Minhyuk came and laid a matcha Donut that was placed over a tissue, on the table, Seolhyun turned.

"Thanks, Oppa." Seolhyun smiled slightly. "Shouldn’t be bother, I can take it by  myself."

"You know, how the other about food, if you come late, there will be no food for you. LOL. "

The sound of temptation came from the other side, teasing Minhyuk who was nice to Seolhyun.

"Eyy, Minhyuk Oppa is always being nice ..." One of the other employees teased.

"Oppa, I also want to get a Donut. Matcha is also my favorite flavor. Hehehe."

"Yo! Minhyuk-ah don’t choose that kind of trick. "

And the others teasing Minhyuk.

Seolhyun can hear the temptations of other employees who every day almost never stop joking. While Minhyuk just laughed and returned to the table. Seolhyun back down, doesn't care.

Soon, Sunny came to her desk.

"Your face is cloudy."

Seolhyun looked away, lazy.

"Yesterday laughing all the time."

The safest response for Seolhyun was mumbling uncertainly.

Sunny watched Seolhyun. In her seat, Seolhyun looks miserable.

"Something's wrong, Seolhyun-ah?" Sunny finally asked in a soft tone.

Seolhyun feels the tears will come down if she opens , and besides she doesn’t want to act stupid to tell her everything to Sunny. Even Seolhyun just shook her head.

"That's okay, Sunny unnie. Maybe I'm just a little sleepy. "

Sunny was still researching with narrowed eyes. "do you know what..."

"What?"

"You are not the only one who come to the office with a cloudy face like that."

"Really?"

"Yes, before you came, Taeyeon slammed the door until the wall shook."

Seolhyun's hands are typing on the keyboard stiffen. She paused and looked at Sunny curiously.

"I'm a little confused, why she didn’t lock the door. I mean it signs very clearly that she doesn’t want to be disturbed. "

The eye reflex from Seolhyun glanced into the now closed and dark room. She had thought Taeyeon was not in her room.

"Gone somewhere." Sunny understood Seolhyun's gaze into the darkened room. "She said there was a meeting. So sudden. I don’t remember, recording in the schedule, there is no a Tuesday morning meeting. Especially since Mr. Lee is on a roadshow. "

Seolhyun moved uncomfortably. She had a strong firm that Sunny knew more than she showed.

"Never mind, Sunny Unnie. And don’t look at me like that. "

Sunny smiled and then left.

 

Already twice, Seolhyun mistakenly contacted tenant prospects. One time she made a mistake while checking the lease agreement and mistakenly scanned it with a colorful highlighter. All the simple tasks Sunny had given her couldn’t be done properly.

Luckily Sunny wasn’t the type of girl who was too curious and interfering. She's confused, but she closes tightly.

But Seolhyun's relief is not long. When she returned herself to making mistakes in compiling a sponsored list, it was embarrassing that Seolhyun just copied a neat handwriting of Sunny's handwriting to Microsoft Word, Sunny apparently couldn’t take it anymore. She pulled up an empty chair and sat next to Seolhyun.

"Want to tell me what's wrong?" Sunny asked in a soft voice.

Seolhyun ea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter