chapter 4

Falling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seolhyun open computer on her desk, in her room. While waiting for the computer to display the page perfectly, she turned to the curtained bedroom window. The moon was hanging perfectly in the sky, she didn’t need to open the curtain because the light reflected clearly through the curtain.

An hour she was already at home, parked the car and cleaned up, it was very late at night she got home. Until Yonghwa didn’t pick up the phone, probably already sleeping. A shy smile appeared from the corner of her lips, remembering the incident some time ago.

 

Ten minutes inside the toilet. Longer than she planned. Seolhyun tried to calm down and think. For now the toilet is the right place. Seolhyun was still staring straight and her mind is full. To be honest she didn’t know what to think . All this has nothing to do with her. The frustration Taeyeon spilled on the phone made her look more fragile. And somehow it makes Seolhyun look at Taeyeon more objectively. Knowing the fact that even someone like Taeyeon is just ordinary people, who have difficulties and problems.

Seolhyun sighs and wants to get out of the toilet after she peed, she also wants to wash her face and justify her already fading makeup. But suddenly the sound of the toilet door open a few seconds later heard vomit. Seolhyun stunned, feeling confused what to do . She already knew very well and was very sure that the vomit was Taeyeon's voice. Her little heart said she wanted to go out and ask what was wrong . But the logic telling her to hurry home because it was none of her business. And worse yet, what if her attentiveness was in retaliation with a hurt and a painful sentence like, "that's none of your business."

The voice of the vomit is heard again. Seolhyun sighs at last she decides to come out and ask Taeyeon. The open door sound makes Taeyeon turn and look at Seolhyun. Her face was pale with discomfort. She also cleaned with a tissue. Pity slipped into Seolhyun's heart to see Taeyeon's face.

" Yes ?" Taeyeon asked when seolhyun approached her. " Why ?". She asked tiredly. "do you want to talk with me?"

Seolhyun hasn’t answered.

Taeyeon went on. " Want to talk about your resign?" she smiled sarcastically.

Seolhyun tried to answer Taeyeon's question. "It's not . It’s not about that Ms. Taeyeon. "

" Then ?" Taeyeon wiped her lips again and slightly massaged her temple. " What do you want to say. I don’t think it's the right time. "

" I ..." Seolhyun was confused to ask or not, and she gathered her courage to ask. " I just want to ask you how you're doing, I hear you're throwing up and .." Seolhyun stops talking, she won’t talk about what she heard before, she's sure that Taeyeon won’t like it.

" Yes ?" Taeyeon asked when Seolhyun stopped her words.

"It sounds like you're not feeling well, probably because you're too tired. Do you want medicine? or maybe massaged? "

Seolhyun can see Taeyeon stunned by her words. For a moment no one spoke between them. Just a look that clashed in a quiet room.

Ever since Seolhyun was conscious, her feelings were delicate. She could almost guess the reaction of everyone she met. And the guess is almost always right. So even now, she was sure that Taeyeon would shake her head and smile thinly, then say thank you and I'm fine.

So Seolhyun almost fainted when she saw Taeyeon's head nodding approvingly.

"Where?" Asked her boss.

" Huh ? Seolhyun was confused. "what do you mean?"

"You said you want to massage me. You are right I'm too tired maybe the massage will make me better. "

Seolhyun swallowed. She doesn’t believe that Taeyeon agrees to get a massage.

"Where?" Asked Taeyeon with the same flat tone.

"It's up to you." Seolhyun replied. " You seem to know this place better than me. It doesn’t matter where. "

" Okay , if that's the case, it's better here. If in another room doesn’t guarantee that no staff from another division is coming and looking for me. So it feels like a safe place is here. "

 

Seolhyun remember how the milky white skin her back when she was give massage earlier. Her skin was so smooth that Seolhyun didn’t notice she staring at her for too long. Seolhyun also returned her gaze to the computer after several times waddling her cheeks for daydreaming and thinking about the incident that made her cheeks slightly flushed. She was reminded of the task given by Taeyeon that she hasn’t had time to do. Orders related to the new year's event are one and a half months away.

Taeyeon asked several leasing employees, including Seolhyun, to survey several locations in another shopping mall, in the southern of Seoul. They have to figure out how to decorate better than the competitors. And they also have to look for unique ideas, happening themes, and find out some event organizers who can provide the most lively show they can get. The busy days will come to Seolhyun and other employees.

When Seolhyun starts doing the task Taeyeon gives, her phone rings. Yonghwa called.

"Hi, honey!" Seolhyun said after knowing who was calling.

" Hi . Have you arrived? "

" Yes , I've arrived. an hour ago I called you but you didn’t pick up, I thought maybe you were asleep. "

" I overslept. Otherwise I would have called you earlier . Btw, you just got home an hour ago? "

Seolhyun glanced at the clock, already at 12 now.

" Did you come home at 11?"

" Eeummm .." Seolhyun was confused what to answer.

" Didn’t you go home after I called?"

" Not long after that."

"You still have a lot of work?"

Now Yonghwa's tone no longer sounds as attentive as ever. Seolhyun stirs her body in a chair, anxious. Now she was getting sweat. Kind of sweat like when you can’t do exam and your parents chase after you with the question of how the results.

" Honey ?"

" There is a tax audit." Seolhyun finally replied. She closed her eyes. But the thought of her mind was not the pile of faded yellow sheets she had to finish.

All that came to mind was her and Taeyeon. They both. Confused when realizing that none of them are carrying oil or body lotion for massaging. Until finally Seolhyun remembered that there was a medicine box on Sunny table. And she immediately took the oil.

Seolhyun just remembered that in her lifetime she had never massaged anyone, there was no one to massage her. So it can be said that Taeyeon was the first person she massaged. Seolhyun was nervous, she was afraid of making mistakes. She even regrets saying it to Taeyeon.

" I 'm ready." Taeyeon reminds Seolhyun that since her back was open and Seolhyun hasn’t started massaging her yet.

Seolhyun also began to massage Taeyeon slowly by rubbing warm oil onto her back.

" Sorry "

" Why should you apologize?"

" I'm not good at massaging."

"It's okay."

They were silent as Seolhyun massaged Taeyeon's back.

There is a strange feeling that seolhyun feel. She had thought that she hated Taeyeon so much, and vice versa, that she was determined to submit a resign letter tonight. Seolhyun can even think of a mirror th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter