chapter 2

Falling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since childhood, Seolhyun always interested to see luxury homes, high-rise, hotels, villas, shopping centers. When ride a bike with her father, going and back home from school, when passing a newly building, she will be busy asking this and that. Nothing is more astonishing than seeing from an empty plot, slowly begins development, and finally becomes a whole building, whatever that may be.

The muddy ground, the flying dust, the noise of the workers and the giant escalator machines also didn’t ease the curiosity of little Seolhyun. And the curiosity turned into an obsession when she realized the simple reality of herself. Regarding her family. And about where they live.

The building is narrow. The roof is almost always leaked when rain is poured out of the sky. The walls are wet and damp.

The condition of their house made her father and mother who once peacefully become crowded. Her mother's constantly buzzing voice was unsatisfied. And her father, who was silent and sighed heavily, said a word of patient, again and again.

Every time Seolhyun went to sleep, she always heard argue between them, almost every night she heard it. She always stuffed her ears with a pillow, but her effort was futile, the sound of the argument through wall of defense pillow.

Until she thought, maybe if the house is good, not leaking, her mother won’t argue again with her father.

That's when her dreams come out. Initially such a weak root is easily revoked. But as time goes by, the roots become stronger and stronger. And Seolhyun fulfilled what her dreams had been since fifteen years ago.

"Umm good .. good morning Ms. Taeyeon. "

Behind the sturdy table, the woman she called didn’t even look up from the file she was reading.

"Good morning, Ms. Taeyeon. " This time Seolhyun's voice is louder than before.

"Morning."

As expected, the response was cold and so short. For a moment Seolhyun didn’t know what to do.

The woman still didn’t look up. She simply pointed to an empty chair in front of her. Seolhyun also interpreted the signal that she told Seolhyun to sit on the empty chair. After she sat down, she was silent again.

White skin like milk. Blond hair cut short. And wearing black clothes that seem cold as her. Seolhyun glanced at herself. This morning she wore a white shirt, a gray scarf that was the same color as the skirt she wore. No black color that colored her appearance.

"This is your first assignment."

Seolhyun gasped. Hurriedly she took the bundle of tasks posed by the cold woman. Before she could read it, her hand waved toward the door, and Seolhyun knew that she had to get out of the room right away.

"Thanks, Ms. Taeyeon. I will study it in my place. "

The woman just nodded.

Seolhyun stood up and then walked toward the door with a sour face. She came out of the room.

 

The ringing of the phone jolted Seolhyun from what she was doing. Concentration was divided. Seolhyun also picked up the phone that is gray and official greetings learned when training.

"Hello, good afternoon. The leasing division with Seolhyun here, can I help you? "

"You get a score of 100 right away, if the bosses hear when you talked like that."

The first friendly voice she heard today. Jimin's babble made her day a little better.

"I didn’t think anyone actually applied when training on their job."

Seolhyun laughed too. "You are overreacting."

"Ms. Taeyeon would love to have a god kid like you. "

Hearing that name made Seolhyun's mood deteriorate again. "Don’t talk about her now. "

"So she is really annoying because to make your mood worse?"

"Ummm .." seolhyun confused what to say.

"This is just the first day you know, Seol. That was really bad? "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter