Chapter Thirty Two: One Last Memory.

I Temporary Lived By Your Side.

(Myungsoo)

I was startled after I heard she was asking for me, I wasn't expecting that she will still want to see me after all that happened.

I slowly walked towards the door and tried to open it. I was so nervous and worried. How can I look at her after I left her alone fighting her own illness and having a hard time on her own? I didn't know how to look at her, what to tell her or anything, how can I even look at her eyes and tell her how much I love her?  I felt really guilty and ashamed of myself. The only thing I knew was that I wanted to be with her, I wanted to see her and stay by her side. I don't care about anything else.

I finally opened the door. She looked at me with her teary eyes. "Myungsoo..."  She whimpered, I could barely hear her. 

I can't believe that... My Seol ah... she was fine just a few days ago... Why is she lying there? Why does she look so weak? I was trying to hold back my tears but seeing her like that was so heartbreaking, it was impossible for me not to cry. I slowly walked closer to her... "Seol ah yah... it's not true, right? The doctor... he's not saying the truth...  Please tell me he's wrong...  You're fine, and you're going to live a long good life, right?" I said with a shaky voice.

At that moment, I wasn't thinking about anything. Not even what to say, or what to do... It was so hard for me to believe that the only girl I've ever loved is in so much pain and I can't do anything for her. 

She didn't say anything, she was just looking at me intently. She just looked at me, she gave me that look that I couldn't resist. That kind of look that says "Please don't let me go, please hug me and just stay by my side."  as if she was begging me to never leave her, to hold her hand, to save her.

I hugged her tightly. "I'm sorry, Seol ah yah... I'm so sorry for not being there for you. I'll stay with you from now on, forever. I'll never let you go. I'll never leave you alone. Just please... please stay with me. It's... " I couldn't keep talking since I was crying too much.

"It's okay, it's going to be fine." She patted my back trying to comfort me.

She's the one in pain yet she's still trying to comfort me and make me feel better... what did I do to deserve her love? She was trying to look strong in front of me but I know deep down that she's so scared and lost.

  I softly leaned my forehead on hers. "That's right, my love. It's going to be alright I'll protect you, I'll save you... Don't worry Seol ah, and don't be scared. I'll do everything to save you. You don't have to worry about anything anymore. Oppa will take care of everything." I whispered.

"You promise?" She asked as tears left her eyes and made their way down her cheeks.

"I promise you, my love. Just trust me. Let's live a long happy life and finish our life at the same time and day, I promise that I'll stay with you until then, it's too early to do that now. Just stay with me, I'll do anything to keep you by my side." I said.

"I love you."  She whispered.

"I love you more." 

 

I was holding her hand the whole time, telling her jokes and trying to cheer her up until someone entered the room.

"Oh, Jake? When did you get here?" She excitedly asked him.

"Can you leave us alone?" He glared at me.

This guy... He's really getting on my nerves. Is he really like a brother to her?

Ahh... But still, there's nothing I can do, he doesn't seem like a bad person. I just... ah! he's a friend that means so much to her, they must have so many things to talk about. I probably should leave them alone for a while, I don't want to but I don't want her to be upset or feel bad about anything, especially right now.

"Will you be okay? I'll just be around." I asked her.

She nodded.

"I'll be back after a while, is there something you want me to bring you on my way here?" I asked her with a smile on my face.

She thought for a while "Ice Cream!" She said in a childlike voice.

"Ice cream? In this cold weather? Will that be okay?" I worriedly asked.

"Yes, I've been craving Ice cream for a really long time.!" She cutely said. Aw, can't she just stop being adorable? I have to ask her doctor first if that will be okay for her.

"Okay, I'll be back soon," I said as I gently kissed her forehead. 

(Seol ah)

"Jake... Thank you for coming, I heard from Myungsoo that you were the one who saved me. I don't know what could've happened to me if you didn't come at the right time, you're my hero. I'm so grateful that I have a great friend like you to look after me."

"That brat... At least he knows how to talk good about people." He coldly said.

"Don't be mad at him... He didn't know anything about my illness. I'm pretty sure that he would've never left me if he did. It's not his fault... He's an idol after all, and things like this are much more complicated than you would ever think in this place... " I said.

"Love has really blinded you. Is this the Cassie I know? You're still defending him after all that he did? Isn't he already dating someone else? You said that they started dating right after you two broke up." He said.

"That was... That was a misunderstanding. He has just explained everything to me and I do trust him. Actually... I feel so bad for thinking that everything was just a lie. Now that I'm thinking about it, he has always loved and cared about me. I should have known something was up when he suddenly started acting indifferent." I said.

"You look so relaxed and cheerful... That's odd." He gave me a questioning look.

"So you're saying that I shouldn't be like this... for someone who only has few months or maybe weeks or days left to die?" I looked away, what he said somehow hurt my feelings. How was he expecting me to be? I've spent the last two months crying all alone on my bed. I'm so sick of that.

"No, Cassie... You know that this is not what I meant. I'm just really worried about you. Of course, I want you to be happy. And please... Stop saying that you're going to die soon." He seemed a bit angry after the last thing he said.

"That's the truth. But don't worry about it, I've thought of it so much these last few days and there is nothing I can do about it. This is my destiny and I'm willing to accept it. And now that Myungsoo is here, and since I know he still loves me, I just don't care about the future anymore, I don't care when I am going to die. I just want to stay with him until then, I want to spend my last days happily." I said.

"You can't do that Cassie. You can't just give up that easily. Let's go to the US. I've spent some time out there, I've  been studying there as you know. And since I'm majoring in health science. I've met some really good doctors out there. I've been talking to one of them earlier, I told him about your condition and he said that although it might be risky but you still can have the surgery. He said that he's going to do his best to save you, and also we don't have to worry about money. Let's go there, Cassie. It's your only chance to survive, please think about it carefully. I know you're not someone who gives up on life easily no matter how hard it is."

"But... I can't leave Myungso again... I... What if, what if things didn't go the way we want? What if I end up dying there? Do you know how bad he will feel?"

"Can't you just be a little bit more optimistic? Myungsoo will be fine. Do you think that dying here in front of him would make him feel any better? Doesn't he love you? Do you know how is he going to feel after you die? You want him to be happy but what if he was the one going through this, will you be okay if he just gives up on life like this? What about me? What about Anna's parents? Don't you know how will they feel if they lose another person who is like a daughter to them? Losing Anna was really hard for them, what's going to happen to them if they lose you too? What about your other friends? Let's say you're fine with dying like that... But what about the people who love you and truly care about you? Do you know how hurt are they going to be after knowing that their dear Cassie, or Seol ah died without even trying to live?"

"I.. Um..." I didn't know what to say. After my parents and Anna died, I've always thought that no one cared about me and that I was just a waste of space in this planet and thinking that right now, in this exact moment, there will be people who will be badly hurt if something happens to me drives me crazy.

"Please think about it... I'll go get everything ready from now. The choice is yours. But just know that whatever your decision will be, it will affect so many people around you more than you can imagine. So think carefully and wisely and if you choose to just give up, call me and I will stop everything. I'll get going now. I'll call you later, stay safe." He said, then left.

After Jake left, I kept thinking about what he said too much that my head started to hurt. Do I have to do as he said and go with him? Or should I just stay here and die here?

What is taking Myungsoo so long... I really hate staying alone, I keep thinking of so many things that I don't want to think about. All my worries disappear when I'm with him.

"Your delivery has arrived Miss!" I heard a voice saying that. I looked around but there was only a bag in front of the door, when did that get here? I probably was too lost in my thoughts that I didn't pay attention that someone has already come here.

"Myungsoo?" I called him but he wasn't responding.

"Myungsoo yah... I know you're there. What took you so long?" I whined.

He finally showed up with the brightest smile on his face. "Aigoo, you miss me already? When did my baby girl become this cute? What should I do? " He cutely said.

"Come here," I said.

We happily ate ice cream together, he even brought my favorite snacks and some scented candles. He's so considerate and he always takes good care of me, I really do love this guy.

(Myungsoo)

We ate together and I kept telling her stories and reminding her of how much I love her all the time until she fell asleep. I was trying my best to cheer her up, I know she's been through a lot. During the time we were not together I was thinking about her all the time, I even wrote a song for her. It's not finished yet but I'm gonna finish it quickly and sing it for her. I don't want her to have any doubts about how much she's precious to me. I also... have to apologize to her in a proper way.

I stayed next to her all night, I don't remember when or how I fell asleep. She slept earlier due to all the medicines they gave her. I was holding her hand the whole time just staring her. My eyes become teary every time I look at her. I love her so much...

  I spent the whole night writing the song until I fell asleep. 

The morning has come and the sun was bright, Seol ah was still asleep, she looks like a sleeping angel. She's so beautiful. I kept working on the song until I finished it. I was really happy that I finally did, I will sing it to her tonight. I looked at the window and it was snowing for the first time this year, I remember that beautiful snowy day when we met in London after being separated for so long. I'm glad that I'm with her right now to see the beautiful snow together, I didn't notice that I was already crying. My love... I looked at her. You're going to be there with me, right? We're still going to take beautiful pictures and write songs together and hold hands and go for really really long walks...

 

I decided to spend the whole day with her today, she woke up and she seemed in a good mood. She also looked better, the doctor told her that's it's okay to take a walk outside, she only has to be careful with the cold weather. We walked for a while and talked all day. She seemed happy, I'm glad to see her doing fine. I already told my manager and I'm going to be spending this whole week with her, I won't leave her alone. My mom is fine right now, and the CEO doesn't know anything yet. 

The members have come to visit her, I told them not to mention anything about her health. They were so shocked and so down after they heard what happened, but they managed to look cheerful to make her feel better, they even sang some of her favorite songs of us. They brought her some comic books, flowers, food, stuffed animals and even games to play when she's bored. But I know she doesn't need any of that, I won't let her feel bored at all. I'm really glad to have friends like them, they're always there for me and treat my girlfriend as if she was their little sister, they always take care of her and love her. And having them with us at this very moment is really helpful.

They stayed all the evening since they had no schedule for today but they had to leave when it got dark. So I stayed with her, It's weird that her so-called friend didn't come to see her today but I didn't want to ask her about him, he's probably busy. And It's a good thing that we got to spend more time alone.

The time has finally come, I'm so nervous but I've been preparing for this for quite a long time. I always wanted to write a song and sing it for her.

"Seol ah yah, I'll be back after 5 minutes. Just stay here, okay?" I said.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"There is something I prepared for you. I'll be back soon." I gave her a warm smile.

Ahh!What's wrong with me. I don't even get this nervous when I perform on stage... I really hope she will like the song.

(Seol ah)

I wonder what he's talking about... He seemed really nervous. 

I was playing a game on my phone while waiting for him. He said that he will be back after five minutes. Ten minutes have passed and he's not here yet. 

He finally came back.

"Oppa, what took you s-, " He brought his guitar? Is that why he didn't sing with the other members earlier? He probably felt bad when I kept asking him to sing for me.

"Seol ah yah. My love, I didn't want to sing earlier for a reason. I wanted to make it special, I've been working on this song for a while now and it's finally over. I wrote and composed it while thinking of you. Please listen to it intently. I do mean every single word. I hope you like it." He said, then he started singing.

   

I couldn't help but cry while listening to it. It's so beautiful, I can feel the sadness in his voice. I can feel his feelings for me. His voice is something that I want to hear for the rest of my life, I want to be with him, I want to stay with him for as long as possible. That's when I made up my mind. I finally made my decision. 

He was so happy that I loved the song, and I couldn't be happier. I thought he was over me but he was thinking about me all the time, he even wrote a song for me.  I never imagined such a great idol and amazing human being would do something like this for me.
He seemed really tired. He stayed with me all night last night and he didn't sleep well or eat well, that's why I told him to go home and take some rest, he didn't want to but I insisted. I'll be fine.

It was past 3 am when I started feeling an unbearable pain again. I was crying. The doctor came with a couple of other doctors and nurses, why are they so many? I remember seeing so many faces in front of me, I then started feeling dizzy and then everything became black. That's all I remember.

(In the morning)

(Myungsoo)

I came here as soon as I woke up. Seol ah must still be sleeping. I hope she slept well! I slept really well after last night. It was a magical night and we had so much fun. She liked my song and she even recorded it on her phone so she would listen to it. 

I quietly opened the door of her room so I won't wake her up. But... Why is the bed empty? Seol ah... Where is she? What happened? 

I kept calling the doctor but no one was responding.  Why no one is answering me?? Aiish I'm going crazy.

The doctor wasn't there. And her name tag disappeared, who removed it?

Could it be... No, no, no. Noway. She's fine, nothing has happened, she was really fine yesterday.

A/N

Hello~ I'm so grateful to all the people who are reading my story. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. 
But unfortunately, this story is about to end. And the next chapter will be the last one. How are things going to end? You'll know soon. 
Thank you for reading.♡