Chapter Twenty six: Just One Day.

I Temporary Lived By Your Side.

 

(Seol ah)

"Oh, Oppa! I'm here!" I said as I waved at him.

He was lost since he doesn't know this place, he looked really confused. How adorable!

"Seol ah yah... I was looking for you!"  He gave me a hug. "I miss you." He whispered.

"You've just seen me in the morning." I jokingly said.

" I keep missing you everytime you're not around."  He said.

"Me too."  I smiled at him.

"So... Where are we going?"  He said as he looked around.

"I've always wanted to go on a plain date with the person I love, but Myungsoo Oppa is too popular that we couldn't do all these cute things all the couples do," I pouted.

He looked down. "I'm sorry..." He said. 

"No, let's never apologize to each other again. It's not your fault Myungsoo yah, I'm just joking.  You've done so much for me up to now and today I want to be the one who makes you happy, I want to make up for all that you went through after I left... So... um, what should we do first?" I excitedly said.

"Seol ah" He said with a serious tone. " You know, this is the second time you do something like this first, you're not planning to do anything stupid, right?" He asked as he looked straight into my eyes while holding both of my shoulders.

"I'm not going anywhere Myungsoo yah... This is my hometown, remember? Oppa... You don't have to worry about that anymore. I'll make sure to always be by your side. " I gave him a comforting smile. 

"You promise?" He flicked up his pinky finger.

"I promise."  We intertwined our pinky fingers. 

He looked so tired and worried, even though he was smiling I could see that he wasn't feeling that good. I want to make him feel better today, I want to make him smile one more time.

 

(Myungsoo)

"Let's go,"  She grabbed my hand.

"Where?"  I asked.

"Shopping! let's get matching outfits. I never mentioned this but... since I was a teenager I've always dreamed of that kind of ideal date, going to the amusement park at night with my boyfriend wearing matching outfits." She shyly said.

Matching clothes? I never really thought of that. But since she always wanted to do that, I'll do it for her. I've always wanted to hold her hand and go to places without having to worry about anything. Going to the amusement park or anywhere in the world, wherever we go, it doesn't matter to me. If we keep finding our way back to each other and holding each other hands. That's all that matters to me. It's amazing how we've known each other for years but she keeps surprising me and letting me see a new side of her everytime we see each other.

"Let's go!"  I said with a wide smile.

We bought matching coats and shoes. She was so happy, I really missed seeing her like this. I couldn't be happier. Everything about today is just wonderful. 

We're now going to the amusement park. 

After we bought our tickets and got in she suddenly gave me a cold look.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

She didn't say anything, she just kept staring at me. "Seol ah yah, what's wrong? You're making worry!" I said.

She let out a heavy sight. " My boyfriend is just so attractive that other girls won't leave him alone." She took her scarf and wrapped it around my neck and covered half of my face. " That's better. This way no one will recognize you."  She smiled adorably. 

I giggled at what she did. " Aigoo my Seol ah is now jealous? How cute!" 

We stayed there for hours, we ate ice cream even though it was so cold and we rode multiple rides, Ferris wheel was our favorite. We had so much fun, both of us were really tired yet we laughed, teased each other and played together as if we were one of those high school lovey-dovey couples. These moments were definitely unforgettable. 

We finally sat in front of that beautiful pond that was near the rollercoaster with my arm around her and her head resting on my shoulder eating Nutella waffles. 

"Oppa?" She said as looked up at me.

"Eum?" I quietly answered as we both locked eyes.

"I've always wondered why do you love me? I mean you're the greatest person I've ever met, you're talented, good looking and really successful. But I'm not that special, I keep thinking about it... why me?" She asked.

"Um... Let's see... Do you need a reason to love someone? When you truly love someone it's just that your heart feels warm when that special someone by your side. You might not be the most popular person but that doesn't matter, I love you for who you are. I love your smile,  I love your eyes,  your laugh, your cute jokes... what else? You're the purest and most innocent person I've ever met. I love every single thing about you. You make me happy, and when you're not around... I feel completely lost. The real question is, how can I not love you?"

 

(Seol ah)

I went back home at around 1 am, I quietly got in when I saw Kathryn lying on the couch in the living room watching Tv.

"Cassie? Where have been? It's too late, I was really worried about you, you didn't even take your phone with you." She said as she turned the Tv off.

"I...I went to the amusement park,"  I shyly said as I sat down next to her.

"You don't usually go there at night, especially when it's this cold. Did you go with Jake?" She asked.

"No, it wasn't him... I went with Myungsoo."  I said.

"Myungsoo??" Her eyes widened and she was surprised.

I told her everything and she was so happy to see me like this again. She even asked me to bring him home so she can see him.

After having a long conversation with her I went straight to my room, I was so tired so I just took a last look at my phone before I go bed.

"Today was wonderful, 

thank you for making me happy. I love you~

Sleep well, my love."

It was a message from him. I closed my eyes and let all these lovely moments I spent with him play in my head. I'm finally feeling alive. This is the first time after a long while that I feel like I can sleep comfortably and deeply without waking up in tears after dreaming of him. I know this is not a dream and I don't care about what's going to happen in the future. I'm just going to think about the present, about now, about finally getting back to the love of my life.

I held my phone, closed my eyes and without realizing it, I fell asleep quickly and deeply.

 

 

(Next day)

Today was the last day for Infinite members in London. They finished filming at 3 pm and they'll be flying to Korea at midnight.

Seol ah and the members are planning to meet around 5 pm at a cafe downtown. 

(Later at 5:10 pm)

Seol ah: I'm sorry for being late, did you guys wait for too long?

Myungsoo: We just got here 5 minutes ago, sit down! I ordered hot chocolate! your favorite. (He said as he pecked her cheek.)

Hoya: Ahh! Here we go again, look at them being all cheesy again. We're here, remember??

Sungyeol: Yah Eun Seol ah! Where on the earth have you been? How could you just leave like that all of sudden?

Woohyun: I'm glad to see you again Seol ah ya! Have you been well?

Sungjong: We missed you much!

Seol ah, Myungsoo and the other guys gathered again, just like the old days. Talking, laughing, making jokes and being all silly and witty with each other. Just like nothing has happened. Seol ah was so happy to see them again, she had so much fun, being with them always makes her happy. After having their drinks, they all went out together walking around the beautiful cold city.

After few hours, the members said goodbye to Seol ah hoping they'll meet her again in Korea but she didn't seem like she's interested in going back there.

The members have left and she stayed alone with Myungsoo.

(Seol ah)

Myungsoo: What? Are saying that you'll stay here? You really won't come back to Korea? What about music? What about me? What about us...

"I'll go there to see you every now and then ... I've been thinking about that since the morning. Myungsoo yah... We're not going to break up, it's just that  I have a dream too, and I have a family now. I wanna work harder and become successful just like you. Also... I don't think it would be good for you if I go there with you now. "

Myungsoo: We've already talked about that.

"I know, and it's not only about that. I promise I'll go back there. I just need some more time. I need to finish what I started, I want to make them proud of me, I want to make you proud. I love you so much Myungsoo, and I'll never let you go. Ever again. Can you just give me some more time?"

Myungsoo: I can't stop you from chasing your dream. Even though I feel like it's gonna be so empty and lonely without you but I'm going to wait for you, you still remember our promise, don't you?  

"Of course I do. I'll call you every day and I'll tell you everything." 

He hugged me tightly one last time before he goes. I don't want him to go... And as much as  I want to go with him so bad. I just can't do that right now, I still have so many things to do. 

 " Take care of yourself, you haven't been eating well recently... eat well, and sleep well. It's so cold these days so be careful." He said worriedly.

"Don't worry about that Myungsoo yah... Take good care of yourself too and don't over practice, just take some rest whenever you feel tired."

He leaned his forehead on mine. "I'll miss you... I feel like a piece of my heart is missing already." 

I wish he could stay longer. At least one day... Just one more day. We've just met again after a long time, everything is fine but why do I feel like we're about to break up?