Chapter Twenty: Farewell. Will Time Take Care Of Everything?

I Temporary Lived By Your Side.

(Meanwhile in Woollim Entertainment)

Hoya who left the practice room to go to the bathroom enters holding a box.

Hoya: I found this in front of the door, I wonder what's in it. He said as he sits next to the other guys trying to unbox it.

Woohyun: Is it from our fans?

Sunggyu: Is it food?

Hoya: Wait, there's a card in here, it's from Seol ah.

Sungyeol: Why would Seol ah send us something in a box? Is it because of what she did in the morning?

Woohyun: What is it saying?

<< Dear Woohyun, Sungyeol, Hoya, Dongwoo, Sunggyu, and Sungjong. I'm sorry for leaving suddenly like this. If I see your faces, I'm afraid I won't have the courage to leave. That's why I left you this instead. These are letters to each one of you and I made these teddy bears for you with your name tags in them. I thought of you while I was making them. Thank you for all the happy and good time we spent together. I won't be able to forget any of you for the rest of my life. You're the best friends I've ever had. I love you.     -Seol ah>>

Each member received a different letter. 

Sunggjong who has a fresh smile like a sunshine. A cute guy with a unique sense of humor was such a great friend to Seol ah. Even though he was the youngest, she learned so much from him.

Sungyeol, the chic, and charismatic guy who has a hidden charm. The mood maker of Infinite.  You can instantly know when he's not there. His presence in Seol ah's life has always been so important to her.

Dongwoo, the gentleman and the guy who is like an angel. He's always ready to help the others and be there for them. He's so naive and so nice, a smile would appear in Seol ah's face just by the thought of him.

Sunggyu, a true leader. Well... he's not just a leader he's a true brother and friend. A smart and considerate guy who always thinks of the other people around him, he has always been there for Seol ah, especially after she became Myungsoo's girlfriend. He was always worried about them, and he always wanted the best for them.

Hoya, there's no way you can't find him when you need him. Seol ah went through so many hardships after she got in the company, he was always there to help her and give her great pieces of advice, he would even scold her sometimes when she starts thinking about giving up. Hope he won't be disappointed after this. 

And finally Woohyun. Woohyun has always been Seol ah's closest friend from Infinite. Having him in her life, Seol ah's life became so much easier, especially after she lost her best friend. It's just live the heaven has sent him to her as a reward after enduring what happened to her friend. He was there for her, he helped her, he loved her. And thanks to him, she now knows what it feels like to have an older brother. And in the bottom of the letter, she asked him one last favor. << Woohun-ah, I want to ask you a favor. One last favor. Myungsoo will probably be next to the train station at the moment you're reading this. He must be really sad. He probably hates me for doing this to him... Please go find him with the other members, and comfort him, he's probably not okay, I'm sorry for everything.>>

Sunggyu: What? She left? When? Why all of sudden?

Hoya: What's going on? Where did she go? And where is Myungsoo?

All the members were in a complete shock. They weren't expecting something like this to happen at all, they all thought that things between Seol ah and Myungsoo are now okay after the company covered up the scandal rumors with the duet with Suzy.

Woohyun: I know where he is. Guys we have to go and get him. He needs us now.

All the members went to the train station. There he is, in his car just sitting there trying to understand what going on. Myungsoo who has come back to his old self three years ago after meeting the love of his life and getting back his childhood friend. The members are worried that he will become that cold and distant L again. They know how much he loves her, they've been there all this time and they witnessed everything. 

The members did as Seol ah requested, they tried to comfort him but they seemed like they needed to be comforted too. She was like a sister to them and same as they have always been there for her, she has always been there for them in return. Myungsoo didn't say a word all the way home. He was just staring at the window holding the box that Seol ah gave him. He didn't have the courage to open it yet.

Once they got the dorm, he directly went to his room. He needs some time alone.

(Myungsoo) 

I had no energy to talk to anyone, what has just happened? Everything was perfect just a while ago! It doesn't make sense.

I was staring at the box she gave me. What could be there? My mind was playing tricks on me. I wasn't thinking of anything specific. I wished... I wished this would be just a prank. I wish she would be out with the guys waiting for me to get out so they can laugh at my reaction. What's wrong with me? I'm scared. The thought of losing her forever scares me the most.

I finally opened it. The first thing that I saw was a long letter. I slowly took it and started reading it.

<

Never in a million years, I thought I'd be doing this. Writing this exact letter to you. While reading this letter, you must be feeling broken, betrayed, and angry. Why? Why did I have to do that? Why didn't I tell you anything before? Does our love mean nothing to me to suddenly leave you behind like this? You have many questions in your mind. I know, I'll try to answer them all. But first I want you to know that I love you, that's right. I love you, I love you so much that I can't stand watching you hurting because of me. I can't let you destroy all that you've been working on just to protect me. You've always protected me and looked after me, can't I do it for you now? at least once hm? Even if it hurts I guess that this is the only way for me to protect you. I know you want an explanation but I'll leave it to your manager. He can explain to you everything. 

I didn't tell you anything before because I wanted to remember you as the happy and cheerful Myungsoo I know. I don't want you to be sad because of that. I want to remember your dazzling smile, the thing that makes me fall in love with you more and more every time I see you. It's so selfish of me I know and I'm sorry, I just wanted to have one last happy memory with you. Myungsoo Oppa has done so much for me, I always felt like you love me more, and that made me feel sorry and really bad about myself. I wanted to show you that I love you more than you can imagine, I wanted to show you everything but I didn't know how to, so I was just being myself but you always accepted me for the way I am, you've accepted both my qualities and flaws, even the things that many other people wanted me to change about myself. I'm so thankful for that. 

Myungsoo yah... Please don't worry about me, I'm going to be fine and safe wherever I am. And I want you to be okay as well, don't spend too much time thinking about me, and I hope you'll be able to move on as soon as possible. You're surrounded by amazing people, your members, your manager, Insoo, Suzy... They all care about you. They all love you. And I'm pretty sure they will all be by your side, don't be cold to Suzy after I leave. I probably don't know her well but I know she's a great person and I know she cares about you so much. And don't forget, I'll always be watching you, I'm a loyal fan. I'll be looking forward your duet. 

One of the most precious things that you gave me was a grey teddy bear, I'm not a kid but you knew how much I loved stuffed animals. Since the day you gave it to me, it became impossible for me to sleep without holding it. It became a habit. That was the first gift you gave me on our first anniversary.  That's why I made this one for you, mom has taught to make my own teddy bears since I would always ask her for a new one. You've read my diary so you probably already know this. I made one for each of the other members as well, but the one I made for you is more special. I won't tell you why, I'll let you figure it out on your own. 

One last thing... As I last gift. I wrote a song for you. I wish I can see you singing it on stage, this is my last wish. I know you will do it, I'll wait for it. I guess it's time to say goodbye now, please eat well, sleep well and don't be sick, my heart will always be with you. I'll go back to who I really am now.      -Cassie. >> 

She even wrote a song for me? Is that why she used to fall asleep in the middle of the day? It was because she spent all the nights composing the song. For how long has she been planning to do this? For how long has she been planning to leave me? I'm so stupid, I've been too careless that I didn't even notice that. I should have insisted I should have kept asking her what's wrong when she was down, I should have talked to her before, that could have changed her mind. I should have convinced her to stay with me. Where did she go? And how am I going to find her? I still don't even know the real reason why she left me. I hope I can find an answer in the song.

I kept reading the lyrics carefully over and over and over. The song is called "It's okay Even if it's not me." 

Is it all lies? Of course, it is all lies

Is it all lies? Of course, it is all lies. How can we be apart after all we had? How can we even smile knowing that we won't see each other tomorrow? 

I suddenly felt like my world was falling down, everything that I ever was excited about became meaningless. I held the teddy bear she gave me as if it was her. Where are you Eun Seol ah? Why did you have to do this...

 

(Seol ah)

Leaving him like that was the hardest thing I've ever done. Seeing his face for the last time, touching him for the last time. I couldn't leave him alone, I was so worried about him. So I was just standing there in the corner next the to train station waiting for his friends to come and get him. 

It suddenly started raining, the weather was so good today that was so unexpected. Even the sky is sad for our breakup. I was just standing there in the rain, I didn't care if I get soaked or if I get sick later, nothing matters anymore.  I've always loved rain, I still remember when I first met him. It was a rainy day. We have so many memories in the rain, I still remember that evening when we were on the rooftop of my apartment when it suddenly started raining. We were just standing there with the rain pouring on our heads, I still remember the way he hugged me and all these beautiful words he said to me. 

"I love you Seol ah. Forever. Till the end of the time. And if there's another life. I'll even love you in my next life." "I believe that better days are coming in the future, I want to spend every single day with you Seol ah."  His words echoed in my head, I finally released all the tears that I was trying to hold back all day. 

(turn on caption for english lyrics)

 


I suddenly felt someone standing next to me holding an umbrella. 

You'd never guess how bad I wished it was him.. How bad I wished we'd just throw everything behind and hug each other one more time. 

"Didn't you see the weather forecast? They said that it will be raining all night. I thought you'd bring your umbrella. Come on,  let's get in. The train will be here after few minutes." Jake said.

I nodded and looked at Myungsoo one last time, his friends have already arrived. "Please be well, goodbye my love," I whispered.

We took the train to the airport for half an hour, 30 minutes felt like years, I haven't felt this lonely for so long that I forgot how it feels. Looking at the window, listening to all these songs he sang for me. Is this really the end? Are we really never going to see each other again? It doesn't feel real. I have no idea what I'll be doing with my life after this day.

The flight is going to be so long. And all I can do is thinking about him.

I took my diary, the one he read, the one that brought us together. I haven't seen it in a long time. After I fell in love with him, I wanted to forget all the painful memories and only focus on the good ones so I just stopped using it. So typical of me. Running away, here I am, running away again.  

I kept browsing through it, wondering if I should read it again after all that happened or just give myself a rest. Something suddenly caught my eyes, it's Myungsoo's handwriting. How come I've never seen this all this time? It's really weird.

<< One day I'll have to give this back to you. I'm so thankful for this diary for leading me to you. For letting me know the true you and not the person you pretend to be in front of the others.  Thanks to this diary, my heart started beating again after I thought it was not able to love. I keep reading it over and over, I keep wanting to know you more and more, I don't know if I'll ever have the courage to confess to you or be close to you but I'll keep looking forward to that day. I'm glad I was the one who found it and I'm glad I was there when you tried to end everything. It's just like fate has brought us together, don't you think so?  I hope that it will be a new start for you, for me, for us. I hope I'll be with you the day you'll be reading this, I hope we'll read it together and be there while we add photos of us together, I guess that's the only thing that is missing. I like you Eun Seol ah.>> 

Tears were flowing down my cheeks as I held my diary. Why does everything have to end this way? Is there anything in the world that won't remind me of him? When will I be okay? When will I be able to breathe again? It hurts. Will time really take care of everything?

 

 

 

 

 

A/N
Merry Christmas everyone. Thanks for reading.♡