Chapter Fifteen: Friendship? Another Word For Love.

I Temporary Lived By Your Side.

(Myungsoo)

INSOO?? What's going on? Why is he here?

I asked one of the doctors who was standing out there. "Excuse me, is he okay? What happened to him?"

"That person. Do you know him? Someone found him drowning in a river under the bridge. We cannot contact any of his relatives or friends." He said.

"He's my... friend. Um.. what happened to him?" I asked.

"Someone saw him jumping from the bridge, they said he was trying to kill himself." He said.

"WHAT?" What I heard came to me as a complete shock.

Why did he do such a thing? Especially after what he did to Seol ah and me. Yah! Song Insoo.. what is really wrong with you? I was so angry at you, but now that I'm seeing you like this... I don't know how to feel anymore.

(Flashback)

Myungsoo: Have you ever thought about the future? Like how are we going to be after 10 years or more? I'm tired of being a kid, I wanna grow up.

Insoo: After 10 years? Um, I'm not sure... But you're going to still be my friend right?

Myungsoo: Of course. You're the best friend I've ever had. We'll grow up together, go to college together and even get married on the same day.

Insoo: Oh! That's a good idea. I always wished I had a brother, but I think I do have one now. Let's be best friend forever.

(End of Flashback)

I was outside of his room waiting the whole time, I needed to see him. I had so many questions on my mind, I needed answers.

The doctor finally came out. "How is he doing doctor? Is he okay?" I asked.

"His condition is stable now, he won't be awake until the morning but you may go see him now." He said.

I slowly walked to his bed. "Insoo? What happened to us? What happened to our friendship? When did we become like this? Hurting each other whenever it's possible. Didn't we agree to stay best friends forever? How can you do that to your best friend? I know I wasn't a decent person either... And I'm sorry for treating that way back in our trainee days. I never wanted this to happen, I always thought of you as my brother. I don't know if I can forgive you for what you did to Seol ah. I don't believe you did that. You didn't mean to kill an innocent person, did you?"

I went back to my room, my whole body was aching, I was exhausted but I couldn't sleep. I was just lying down for hours thinking about everything. I then went back to Seol ah's room. She hasn't woke up yet but the doctor says that she's eventually getting better.

(Early in the morning)

(Seol ah)

I woke up with the sunlight shining on my face. I looked around... I'm in the hospital. A hand was holding mine, It was Myungsoo sleeping on the chair next to my bed while holding my hand. He did it. He saved my life again. I was staring at him... how can someone look like an angel while sleeping?

He suddenly jolted awake.

"Was it a bad dream?" I asked him.

He came closer and held my face. "You're... awake. Are you okay? How are you feeling?" He worriedly asked.

"I'm fine, but you don't look okay...Did you get hurt?" I looked up at him.

"As long as you're okay, I'm perfectly fine" He gave me a warm smile.

"No, you're not. You look really tired, did you stay here all night?" I gave him a concerned look.

"I couldn't sleep so I came here, I didn't want to leave you alone." He said.

It hurt me to see him like this... He's taking a good care of me but barely thinks about himself.

I held his hand. "You should go get some sleep now, I'm really fine. I'll be there when you'll wake up okay?"

"Okay," he pouted.

"Aww my cute little baby " I pinched his cheeks. "Now go get some sleep," I said.

(Few hours later)

"Didn't you say you'll be there when I wake up" He was standing in front of the door acting mad. Isn't he adorable?

"Oh! I was about to go there, did you sleep well?" I asked him.

"I did. Oh? what's that?" He said pointing at the flowers and the teddy bear on the table next to my bed.

"A friend came here earlier." I replied.

"A friend? Who's that? do I know him?" He asked.

"He's Jungkook, you've already met him. We're in the same class, he came here to see me before going to the university" I said.

"Ah Junkook... Did he come alone? Didn't the others come with him?" He asked as he sat on the bed.

"Yes, he said that they will all come in the evening."

"You two seem really close" He glared at me. " And what's with the flowers? I thought you hated them." He added.

"I never said I hate them, I just prefer seeing them alive where they belong. But why are you being like this suddenly?"

"Like what?" He asked, pretending like he doesn't know what I'm talking about.

"You look mad" I said.

"Mad? why would I be mad? I'm not mad." He looked away.

"Aigoo... Can't you see that he's jealous?" Woohyun said and the other members giggled.

"You!!! Since when have you been here?" He squeaked out.

(a day later)

Both Myungsoo and I are supposed to be discharged from the hospital today.

I woke up around 8 am and headed to Myungsoo's room, but he wasn't there. I wonder where did he go.

"Oh really? no one came to see him?"

"Yes, he's been here for three days now, he almost died but no one has visited him. I feel really bad for him, he must be living a lonely life."

I heard two nurses whispering while looking at the room next to Myungsoo's.

Because of my curiosity. I took a quick look to see who's there. Wait, is that the person who kidnapped me? What is he doing here?

He was just sitting on his bed staring at the wall. I could see the sorrow in his eyes.

"Can I come in?" I asked him.

He seemed surprised as soon as he saw me.

"Are you... You're alive?" I couldn't understand his facial expression. He seemed relieved but really down at the same time.

"Looks like your plan didn't work well," I said.

He looked down. " I'm sorry... I know that no matter what I say won't be enough but I'm really sorry, I never meant to hurt you or hurt anyone I just wanted to make him feel the way I felt because of him. Thinking that I might have killed someone made me feel terrible. I was so ashamed that even tried to kill myself but I guess it didn't work. " He said.

"I'm glad it didn't work. Life has given you a second chance, don't you think so?" I smiled at him.

"Why are you being so nice to me? I don't understand, I almost killed you. People like me don't deserve a second chance. " He said in a low tone.

"I've been there too, you know? And life has given me a second chance as well. Not many people get that. I know you've been hurt, but trust me taking revenge won't make it any better."

"You're..." He seemed like he couldn't say anything.

"You once told me a story, It's my turn now to tell you a story. It's about two best friends who've been together since they were kids. They literally shared everything. Secrets, clothes, food... everything. One of them was too affectionate and would care about every little thing, and the other was too careless. But they always understood each others' feelings and intentions so that was never an obstacle for them. One of them lost her parents, but she managed to stay strong and keep going on because someone never left her side. Her best friend was always there for her. Until one day, the careless one who lost her parents chose to leave her country and follow her dreams. Even though they were apart they encouraged each other and always supported and wished good luck to one another, until the day one of them left this world, without any warning or notice. She was the good one, the affectionate one who has always been there for her careless and cold friend despite all the ups and downs both of them went through."

"You're the... carless one?" He asked.

"Yes." I nodded. "What I'm trying to say is, things may not seem the way you see them. There's always a different side of the story. I miss her, you know? I wish I can see her. Just once, just to tell her how grateful I was to have her by my side. I probably don't know much about all what happened between you and Myungsoo but I'm pretty sure that your friendship is stronger than any of all the bad things that happened. I'm pretty sure that deep down both of you want the old days back. I'm pretty sure that just like you've always been thinking of him, he has always been thinking about you too."

"She's right." I turned back to see Hoya standing at the door.

"Since that accident, Myungsoo has completely changed. He became distant and cold. He barely hung out with us or even listened to us. He was always lost in his thoughts. He's been calling you for years hoping you'll forgive him. We even called you when we went to the US hoping you'd see us but your parents would always say that you don't want to see any of us. " Hoya said.

"He called? You guys wanted to see me? But... but my parents have never told me anything about it.. " Insoo said.

"Where is Myungsoo?" I asked Hoya.

"He's talking to the doctor, he asked me to help you with the stuff." He said.

"I think I have an idea. Insoo, please wait here, we will come back after a while." I said while taking Hoya out.

"What are you thinking about?" Hoya asked.

"I think we should find a way to make Myungsoo come here and talk to Insoo. I know he's so mad at him right now, but we can't let this last longer. I think we should call the other members as well. After all, Insoo is not a bad person. He needs you guys right now, you all have to be there for him." I said.

Hoya called all the members and told them about the plan while I hardly convinced Myungsoo to go to his room. I know that he wants his friend back.

Once all the members gathered in Insoo's room I went back to my room, I didn't want to get involved in that. Staying there with them might make them feel uncomfortable.

(In Insoo's room)

Everyone was standing there looking at random things. A few minutes passed in awkward silence. Eventually, Sungjong finally broke it. "It's been a really long time since we all were in the same room." He said.

"I miss these days when we all used to sit down and tell jokes after practicing really hard." Woohyun added.

"I heard you guys went to the US to see me... I had no idea, I'm sorry." Insoo said.

"Are you saying that your parents told you nothing about it?" Myungsoo said.

"No, I spent years in the hospital. They wouldn't let me use my phone, I used to ask them every day if someone called but they kept saying that no one cared and that all the people I thought were my friends were never my real friends." He said.

"That's not true." Hoya said.

"My parents have always been asking me about you, they wanted to see you. Back then, on the day of the accident. We had a fight, they called me heartless and cold. They even said that they wish I was like you, sociable, caring and warm. I was so mad because of that, I even said something I never meant." Myungsoo said.

"What? My parents were being the same for me. Mom kept comparing me to you and kept praising you for how great and successful you are. I hated the fact that mom kept wanting me to be like yo-"

"Hold on." Sungyeol cut them off. " So you're basically saying that Myungsoo's parents liked Insoo's personality more while Insoo's parents liked Myungsoo more? And that's the main reason why none of you can stand the other anymore? What grade are you in? Kindergarten? Why don't you just switch parents and live in peace?" Everyone burst out laughing at what Sungyeol said.

"We miss you Insoo, can't we all just be friends again?" Sungyyu said.

"Really? Is that possible?" Insoo looked down then added, " I'm so sorry for all what I did. Myungsoo... I'm really sorry for getting your girlfriend involved in this. You're really lucky to have someone like her love you that much."

Myungsoo gave Insoo a friendly hug. "It's been a long time, best friend."