Chapter Fourteen: Past? Something You Can't Easily Forget.

I Temporary Lived By Your Side.

(Insoo)

Oh no! what did just do? There is fire everywhere, I didn't mean to do this. I didn't want to kill her or even hurt her I must have gone mad... There's no way I can go in and save her, what should I do... 

Someone is coming.. He must be Myungsoo. He's probably with the cops, I'd better go away from here.

What did I just do... Is she going to be okay? ... All I wanted was to take revenge on him and make him regret taking everything from me. I never meant to kill someone, what should I do now...

I drove away, I wasn't planning to go anywhere.. I was just running away, I have nowhere to go. I stopped near a bridge. Overthinking all my life... How did I become like this? Why did I become like this? This bridge... Being here reminds of many things I never wanted to remember. 

(Flashback 1) 

10 years ago...

I hate my life. My father is drunk again. In the middle of the day. And mom can't stop complaining about my grades. She's calling me worthless. And She's saying that both my father and I are better off dead. She's saying that I'm just like him. That I'm just as useless as him. Everything here is a mess.

They're now fighting. You can hear them yelling and swearing from miles away. 

"I'm so done with this," My father said heading to the door holding his alcohol bottle. 

I followed him trying not to let him see me.

He was standing on the edge of a cliff. He threw his bottle away and started shouting. "You ungrateful bastards. I hate you all."  He was about to jump but I didn't even try to stop him, I was just watching him until I heard a voice. " Yah Song Insoo!! What are you doing? Isn't that your father?" It was Myungsoo. He ran towards my father. He was talking to him, I couldn't hear what they were saying but I think he convinced him not to do whatever he was trying to do. He has always been good with words.

Since that day. My parents looked at him as he was that great child they never had. As if he saved my dad's life. Would they look at me that way if I was the one who convinced him not to do that? He has always been my best friend but seeing my parents always comparing me to him was something that I couldn't stand. He has always been a better student, a better friend, and a better son. I wish I was like him so my parents would look at me the same way they looked at him."

(End of Flashback 1)

Once my parents went to the US. I got closer to him, Myungsoo and Ga-in were the only persons I trusted. We used to be inseparable. And thinking about that makes me wanna go back to the old days when all that we were worried about was setting pranks on each other. All these good moments, little sad moments, little fights... I miss that. I miss that so much. If only they called me once, if only they thought of me at least once... I would've forgotten all what happened and start anew. But I've only realized I was the third wheel now. 

Mom.. dad... I was doing my best to be a good son but I guess all what I made you feel was disappointment. I'm sorry. 

(Flashback 2)

(Few weeks before coming to Korea.)

"Mom! I'm 23 years old. You can't just keep telling me what to do. I already made my decision. I'm going after my dream. I'm going to be a singer."

"What? A singer? My bad... It's not like you're that talented. We trusted you. You said you were doing so well at school, but you ended up dropping out of it? You refused to come here and study.  You even signed a contract with an entertainment company without even thinking of our opinion about it. " -Mom.

"I've already made my decision mom. I'm going back to Korea tomorrow. You cannot stop me, dad cannot stop me, nobody can. "

"Do you want to be like Myungsoo that bad? Can't you see how successful he is right now? No matter how hard you're gonna work, it's going to be a waste. Just go to college, it's not too late."

"Myungsoo? Why do you always bring him up? I'm your son. And not him, you have always compared me to him. I'm not him and I will never be like him, have you ever thought of me as your own son? Have you ever encouraged me to do what I really wanna do? Do you even know what I like or dislike? Don't you know that all what happened to me was because of him? And yet you still defend him and praise him as if he is your real son. I'm so done with this mom. I don't think I can bear living with you and dad anymore. I'm going back to Korea. "

(End of Flashback 2)

(Myungsoo)

Woohyun: Myungsoo wait! You can't go in, fire is everywhere it's dangerous. There's no way you can enter the house. Just wait a little bit they're on their way to help her.

Myungsoo: How can I wait? She's inside! And she needs my help. I can't let anything happen to her. I'm going to save her.

Sunggyu: Yah Myungsoo... Myungsoo you can't do that wait!

I didn't listen to anyone. 

"Seol ah.. Seol ah I'm here... I'm going to save you, you're going to be fine"  I shouted.

As soon as I entered the wooden house, I was blinded by smoke, I couldn't see anything but a door that was right in front of me. It was locked so I kicked it with all my strength. "Seol ah? Are you here?" I could barely open my eyes... There she was.. lifelessly lying on the floor tied up to a chair. "I'm gonna save you Seol ah.. I won't let anything happen to you... "

I untied her and carried her searching for the safest way out but the door was already blocked by the falling wood.  Windows were cracked and splintered all over the place. The fire got more intense. The roof was on fire. It was extremely hot. There is no way out. 

I moved to the corner of the room still carrying Seol ah, it was the only spot that fire hasn't reached yet. I put her down and wrapped my body around hers so I can protect her. She slightly opened her eyes. "M-myungsoo.." She whispered. She was too weak to talk but she still managed to whisper my name. " It's fine... It's going to be fine Seol ah yah... I'm here with you, they're going to save us." I held her tighter and closed my eyes.

________________________________________

I woke up in a hospital bed with a massive headache and blurred vision, all my body was aching.  I looked around to see all the members' eyes on me.. What happened?

I suddenly remembered everything. " Seol ah... where's Seol ah? Is she okay?" I squeaked out.

"Just relax... She's going to be okay" One of the members said.

"What do mean by going to be okay? I have to go and see her, where is she?" I was trying to get out of bed but my body was weak and my vision was still blurry.

"Are you awake already?" I heard someone say. He was a doctor. He came up to me and helped me lie back down properly. 

"You can't leave bed now. You still have to rest a bit more. You have few minor burns, It may hurt a bit but it's not gonna take too long to heal." He said.

"What about Seol ah... H-How is she?" I asked.

"The girl who was with you? She hasn't woke up yet, she remains in critical condition due to the large amount of smoke she inhaled but she has improved in the last few hours. She's a strong girl, you don't have to worry about her." He said.

He gave me some medicines and told me to call him if anything happens then left.

The members were all silently staring at me in a weird way.

"What happened?" I asked in order to break the awkward silence.

Hoya: The firefighters arrived right after you got in, thankfully they managed to save both of you and Seol ah before the fire got to you.

Sunggyu: You literally risked your life to save her... Do you really love her that much?

Woohyun: Is that really Myungsoo we know? ahh... You must be really in love to do such a crazy thing.

Sunggyu: Our manager is calling... He must be worried.

(A few minutes later)

Sunggyu: I haven't told him about what happened to Seol ah yet. I guess we can't keep that a secret anymore... at least from our manager. 

Our manager came to the hospital after 30 minutes, he was continuously asking about what happened. He was so worried. There were also reporters everywhere. 

The members explained to the manager what happened, they also told him about my relationship with Seol ah. He was so mad that we never talked to him about this, and as we expected, he was against my relationship with her and told me to break up with her right away. 

After Sunggyu told him what I did, he was shocked especially after he knew that she's now in a critical condition. The guys assured him that we won't cause any scandal and informed him that we've been together for weeks but no one has noticed. I also promised him that we will be more careful from now on and all we have to do now is to pray that Seol ah will be fine. He seemed to understand the situation.

 

After few hours, everyone has left including the members, reporters and the cops who interviewed me. They're now looking for Insoo.

 After getting some sleep I asked the doctor to let me see Seol ah and he finally accepted. I went to her room and she was lying on the bed peacefully sleeping. She's so beautiful.

I held her hand. It's so cold, her hands were always so cold but it never bothered me to hold them. I was staring at her. And before I realized it. A tear escaped from my eyes. "I'm sorry Seol ah.. I couldn't properly protect you, you're now here because of me... I'm gonna find him and make him regret all what he did to you. I wanted to make your life better, I wanted to make you happy... But I guess I'm only making it worse.. I'm so sorry. We're still at the beginning of our journey Seol ah yah.. I love you and I still have so much love to give you. You're the love of my life... You're going to be okay right? After I met you... everything has suddenly become about you, I just can't be the same without you, you know that, right? " I softly kissed her forehead.

   

While walking on the hallway, going back to my room. I saw some doctors running to the room next to mine " Hurry up, we're gonna lose him" I heard one of them say. 

"Ah... I really can't stand being here." I whined.

Before I enter my room I took a look at the one next to it, It was full of doctors, someone must be dying. As soon as one of the doctors moved, I briefly saw his face.

Is that INSOO??...