Chapter Twelve: I Give My First Love To You.

I Temporary Lived By Your Side.

(...two weeks later)

(Seol ah)

Two weeks have passed since happiness came back to my life. I couldn't see him that much since we both were busy. We only saw each other in the company few times.

I still can't get over these cute little smiles he gives me every time our eyes meet. Although we do not see each other all the time, we still text and call each other every day before sleeping... And in a fraction of a second, this lonely and sleepless nights became my escape from all the things that happen during the day, they became what I look forward to the most. And for some reason, Sunday became my favorite day of the week.

Tomorrow is Sunday, we were supposed to finally spend some time together. However, he has just called me a while ago to tell me that their manager has just informed them that they will have a photoshoot tomorrow. I can't believe that... It's so frustrating. I've been waiting for this day the whole week, it was supposed to be our first date. Uhh.. I guess I'll just stay home and sleep all day.

(A few hours ago)

It's 3 am. I can't sleep. I've been watching Tv shows for hours. Myungsoo sent me a message around 11 pm. All he said was a cold " good night" and that he has to wake up early so he couldn't talk to me on the phone tonight. I wonder if something is wrong... I hope everything is alright, It's so unlike him. Even when he has to sleep early, he usually calls me and tells me that he just wants to hear my voice, he even sometimes falls asleep while we're talking on the phone.

.... Is he already sick of me?

(Myungsoo)

"She seemed pretty frustrated when I told her we can't meet tomorrow. She seemed really excited about our date, I feel so bad about that."

Woohyun: Poor Seol-ah. I bet she has no idea where you're actually going tomorrow.

"She even just replied to my text with an "Ok" I hope she won't be upset when she knows the truth."

Woohyun: Yah! What are you talking about... There's no way she'll be upset.

(Sunday morning)

(Seol ah)

I woke up to hear knocking on the door. I looked at the clock and it was 7:30 in the morning.

What? Who could be knocking on my door this early? Did I forget the pay the rent on time again? What day is today?

I opened the door while rubbing my sleepy eyes.

My eyes widened when I saw him standing at my the door holding some bags.

"Myungsoo??"

I jumped into his arms once I saw him. He dropped everything and hugged me even tighter. I can't believe he is here, I missed him so much.

(Myungsoo)

I've been thinking all week about how to make this day special. I wanted to properly tell her my feelings and ask her to officially be my girlfriend. I came up with the idea of spending the whole day at home and just watching movies and cooking together. And In order to tell her about how I feel, I'm planning to sing her a song, I hope she likes it.

She jumped into my arms as soon as she opened the door. She then pulled away and hid her face in her hands. " Don't look at me, I've just woke up and I have no makeup on. I look ugly"

I giggled at what she said and held her hands while they were still on her face. " Aww look at how adorable is my babygirl, you look even more beautiful without makeup"

She smiled shyly then let me in.

"What's in all these bags?" She asked.

"I brought breakfast, movies, and some snacks. And everything we're going to need to spend the whole day here."

"Really??" She excitedly asked. " What about the photoshoot?"

"I have no photoshoot today, you're s naive" I chuckled. " It's really easy to trick you"

The expression on her face was priceless, her smile widened.

" I like you Kim Myungsoo. I like so much. My life would never be the same without you... actually I won't be here if It wasn't for you.." She said while looking into my eyes.

I held her close to me and lightly kissed her forehead and let her bury her face in my chest. I closed my eyes... So.. This is how it feels to be in love. It feels more wonderful than I ever imagined it could be. At that moment, I knew. I knew I would never be able to let her go, no matter what.

After we had breakfast, we just casually sat on the couch watching Tv with my arms around her as she leaned her head on my shoulder. I've never felt more comfortable.

"Seol ah yah... I have something to tell you.. I spent all these last days thinking about you. Not a single day has passed without wanting to hold you in my arms like this. Why? How? why is this happening to me? and what am I exactly feeling? I had these questions roaming in my head for so long that I couldn't even sleep because of that. Eun Seol ah.. I lov-" I looked down at her eyes to see her peacefully sleeping.

"What? How could you? Ahh.. I was really about to.. " I scratched my hair from frustration which made her wake up.

"Oh.. sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up," I said.

"I... I don't know why I suddenly dozed off. Um.. were saying something?"

"No. Nothing important. I was just talking about the Tv show."

"I'm sorry... " She looked down.

"I'll go watch my face and make popcorn, you put the movie on" She added.

(Seol ah)

Aahhh.. I must have gone mad. I'm pretty sure he had something important to tell me. Eun Seol ah... Did you have to fall asleep during such an important day? How can you be this stupid?

He has done so much for me already. But I haven't done anything special for him yet. What should I do...

"Seol ah yah! The movie is ready, do you need any help out there?" He asked

" No, everything's ready, I'm coming!" I said.

For a moment, I felt like we were newlyweds. How amazing would that be...

We watched a Japanese movie called " I give my first love to you" It was Myungsoo who picked it. Even though it was really emotional and sad, it was so beautiful. And just the fact that I was watching it with that person felt like a dream.

My phone started singing. It's Woohyun. I wonder why he's calling me.

"Hello?"

"Oh Seol ah! Can you come to the company? I really need your help on something."

"Now? I don't think I can.."

"Seol ah yah.. Please, hm? It won't take more than an hour I promise. I'll be waiting for you."

He hung up before I could say anything.

Myungsoo looked at me " Who was that?" He asked.

"It was Woohyun.. I think he needs my help on something, he told me to go to the company right now"

"Oh it must be about the song he's currently writing, I don't think it would take so long. You should go!"

"But... Is it okay if you stay here alone... I mean we were supposed to spend the day together"

"It's okay! Really! I will just take a nap, don't be late"

"I'll be back after an hour."

(Myungsoo)

"Hyung, you did a good job. Make sure she stays there for an hour or so. I still have so many things to do."

Woohyun: "Don't worry about that friend, text me when everything is ready."

I only have one hour to prepare for everything. Woohyun is a genius. I wouldn't know what t do without him.

(Woohyun)

"Eun Seol ah! I'm here"

"Ah, Woohyun Oppa! What's with the song all of sudden? Can't we work on that tomorrow?"

"No, I need to finish it today and I think you're the only one who can help me."

We kept working on the song for nearly 20 minutes.

"Um.. Woohyun oppa, there's something I wanna ask you about" She shyly said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Myungsoo... What does he like? " She stopped talking for a while. " He did so many things for me but I haven't done anything special for him yet..."

"Just tell him how you feel about him. Knowing Myungsoo... You don't have to do much to make him happy. Just tell him how you feel toward him honestly. "

(30 minutes later)

Myungsoo sent me a message to tell me that everything is ready so I let Seol ah go. She's really clueless, I thought she would be suspicious but she has no idea about Myungsoo's surprise.

(Seol ah)

I think it's the right time. It's him. There's no way it can be someone else. The man I love is Kim Myungsoo. I didn't know I'd fall in love with him this fast. I didn't know I would meet the love of my life this fast, but I decided. I'll give it to him.

(Flashback)

"Dad? Did you call me?"

"Yes, sit down sweetie. I have something to give you."

"Oh my god dad. Is that your necklace?"

"Yes, I have never told you about it have I?"

"No dad, but this is the first time I see you taking it off."

"This necklace belongs to your mom's grandfather. When I first loved you mom, both of our families were against our relationship, but her grandfather always supported us and was by our side. One day we thought that everything was over and that we couldn't be together anymore. Her father was too powerful that he even threatened to kick me out of the country if I saw her again, just because I was poor. That's when her grandfather called me. He gave me this necklace and said " This is not just a normal necklace, I gave it to my granddaughter when she was a high school student, I told her to give it the man she truly loves. Since that day it has become her good luck charm. She can't see you right now but she wants me to give it to you." Cassie sweetheart. I'm gonna give it to you now."

"But... It's yours, why are you giving it to me, dad? It's men's necklace"

"Yes sweetie I know. I've been with your mother for years, we love each other so much. And now we have you, you're the best gift life has ever given us. I know it's a bit early especially since it's your first year in high school but I want you to keep this necklace with you. It's a miracle necklace that helps you meet the one you're meant to be with. Don't give it to anyone unless you're sure he's the love of your life. It'll make sure you're always together. "

(End of flashback)

I looked up at the sky, while I was holding that necklace that I never took off since the day my father gave it to me. Dad? Are you watching me? I think I've found the love of my life. I'm gonna tell him that I love him today, and I'm gonna give him this necklace. I hope it will really make sure that we'll always be together, I wish you and mom were here, you would have liked Myungsoo so much.

I finally arrived home, so excited and nervous at the same time but I was totally ready to tell him everything.

As soon as I opened the door, It was dark, but there were so many colorful candles that were lighting all the way the living room. And there were some sticky notes on the walls too.

I followed the candles while I was taking the sticky notes.

"Since the day I saw you.."

"I saw your smile"

"I saw your fake a smile"

" I saw your tears"

"It hurt. Even before I knew you were the one I like the most... It hurt to see in pain.. to see you cry."

"Eun Seol ah... I'll make sure you never get hurt, I'll take responsibility for you till the end."

"I'll protect you."

"I'll make you happy."

"Be mine?" that was the last note.

I couldn't help but smile, my vision was blurry; it was difficult for me to see clearly. Am I crying?

I ran to the living room ready to give him a long tight hug and tell him absolutely yes, he's the man of my dreams.

"Myungsoo?... Myungsoo where are you?" I was calling his name and looking for him until I heard the sound of a guitar.

He showed up with the brightest smile I've ever seen. Holding his guitar and singing to me.

   

The song... The lyrics... His voice... I felt the sincerity in every single word he sang. I was speechless.

As soon as he put his guitar down, I slowly walked towards him and put the necklace around his neck.

He seemed surprised.

"This necklace..." He said.

I knew he saw its picture in my diary, I was glad that he already knew the story of this miracle necklace.

"Yes, it is. I love you Kim Myungsoo. Till the end of the time. "

He cupped my face and said " These words... I wanted to say them first. I love you Eun Seol ah. Be mine, be my girlfriend. I'll never let you go."

He moved his head closer and leaned in so his forehead rests on mine. I was so nervous, I could predict what was going to happen, I closed my eyes. He gently leaned in and kissed my shaky lips, I could feel the secret smile his lips formed. We slightly pulled apart to take a shallow breath. " You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm yours." I whispered.

(Monday) 

I just got out of the university, and I'm now waiting in the bus station with my headsets on. This song reminds me of him. The person who is now the love of my life. Every time I listen to it. It's like it tells the story of my life and how I exactly feel about the whole thing. About him coming to my life.

   

I was too into the song remembering all these sweet moments we spent yesterday when someone suddenly stood in front of me.

"Hey there gorgeous"

I just ignored him and walked away.

"That's not cool. How could you treat your boyfriend's best friend this way?"

I froze in my tracks. " Who are you?" I asked him.

"Didn't you hear me? I'm your boyfriend's best friend. Song Insoo."

"He never mentioned you. I don't believe you."

He took his phone and showed me his photos with Myungsoo and other Infinite members.

"I'm...I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude." I looked down.

"It's fine. Actually, I'm here because Myungsoo asked me a favor. He wants to see you. As soon as possible. So he asked me to give you a ride."

" What? is something wrong?" I took my phone trying to call him. "Why isn't he picking up??"

"He can't pick up now, they took his phone. Listen to me, you need to calm down okay? I'll take you to his place."

I got into his car and he started driving away from the city.

"Wait, where are we going? Where is Myungsoo? And what is exactly happening?" I kept asking him continuously but he never answered. My phone started ringing. It's Myungsoo.

"Don't pick up" He ordered.

I just ignored him and answered. "Myungsoo where are you? wh-" I felt something heavy hit my head and passed out right away.

" I told you not to pick up the damn call you stubborn girl"

He took the phone.

Myungsoo: Hello?? Seol ah?? why don't you answer, what's going on??

Insoo: Long time no see... HYUNG (brother).