Unexpected

Where fate leads

It was Yoona's first day at work. She took the bus for going there. It was Monday, so the bus was a little crowdy. She watched people boarding and riding off the bus. Her stop was after a half an hour travel. She got off the bus.

The building of her company was huge. There were 12 storeys and the architecture was really impressive. She entered through the front door and head towards the reception desk.

"How may I help you?", the receptionist asked in a memorized tone.

" Can you tell where is Mr.Song's cabin?"

"It's on the twelfth floor." She guided Yoona further.

"Thank you!"

Yoona get on the elevator and pressed the floor number. Throughout the ride she was a bit nervous. She noticed that she was a bit casual wearing for the office environment. Not that she cared much. But she needs to make an impression.Also she was thinking about how her new boss would be?

 

Reaching the floor she got off the elevator. Then she took the left turn after few steps. The second door there had sign board with the name Mr.Song-her boss. Yoona knocked the door twice. And after getting permission from the person inside she entered.

 

The room was as big as her living and bedroom combined. Interior was classically designed. A sofa was placed at the side. There was a glass window covering the outside view and in front of that a huge Mahogany desk with a leather chair.

Mr Song was sitting on the chair. His face was having wrinkles and his hair were showing the signs of greying. He seemed to be in his fifties. He was wearing a deep blue exclusive three piece suit. The air around him screamed dominance and power. But the small smile and a little softness in his eyes said otherwise.

"Good morning sir!"

"Good morning! You must be miss Yoona?"

"Right sir

"Please have a sit. I already got a call of your arrival. Miss Yoona I had gone through work record and I must say I am impress. Now, I want you to perform even better. I want nothing but the best from you. Do you get me?"

"Absolutely sir! I will give my best and try not to disappoint you."

He smiled a little," Glad to hear that. I dont think you need any explaination on your job here so i just introduce you to your colleagues. Let's go!"

Yoona learned that there were 6 members in the marketing team and she was the seventh one. Two members, Taejoon and Siwon, were older and married. Rest were either Yoona's age or younger. There were two girls Victoria and Krystal. And rest boys name were Hanuel and Sungyu.

She got acquainted with all of them quickly. They were really nice to her. Or else Yoona would had a hard time making friends or at least try to know them. They had their fun time but when they are working nothing can distract them. Yoona also got to her work.

 

It has almost been a month since she started working here. Everything was going smoothly until now. She had adjusted to her work and colleagues. Although she still prefer to keep safe distance, not getting too attached to anyone. She was not into socializing and Yuri was enough for her.

 

Sometimes after her work she meets Yuri. Of course on Yuri's insistence. Then they hang out in a mall, some coffee shop or just relax at her apartment. This was pretty much Yoona's life now. If not for Yuri, she still would not have a life.

It was again such uneventful day for Yoona. Yuri was busy with her new project at work so she won't be meeting her until the day after tomorrow. And today Yoona did not want to straight away want to head home. First the first time since forever, Yoona wanted to stroll around the city. Alone, without anyone's insistence. So she started to aimlessly walk on the streets. It was Friday, anyways so she can chill a little. She felt bad for Yuri, because she had to work even on weekend.

Yoona was exploring the area's market.After sometime she thought of going somewhere peaceful to relax. So she walked further and came across a park. It had few swings, a sandbox and two slides. The park was devoid of many people. There were only few children playing. She took a bench near the sandbox and just watched the kids playing. She herself never had a proper childhood. So she tries to catch up what she couldn't live herself by watching kids. 

When Yoona was blankly watching the kids, suddenly a three year old came to her. Yoona didn't saw him playing, so where did he came from?

The boy was cute. Had lush soft hair, full cheeks tainted with pink, a little pouty and pink baby lips. But what caught Yoona's attention was the boy's eyes. Those big round and curious eyes. Oddly enough, they remind her of someone. Someone very important.

After some time of staring,Yoona broke the silence.

"Hey little fella! What are you doing here? Where are your parents?"

The boy kept staring with curiosity and a little smile on his face.Yoona tried again.

"Ain't your mother looking for you? She must be worried. Are you lost?"

The boy climbed the bench and sat beside her. Then he asked," will be my friend and play with me?"

Yoona was shocked," why do you want to play with me and don't you have friends?"

The boy's face got sad." I don't have friends. And my father and mother are very busy to play with me. You look like a nice aunty so I wanted to play with you."

Yoona smiled," what's your name boy?"

" Jonghan. And you?"

Yoona reached a hand for handshake. "Yoona".

Yoona didn't know why, but she was already liking this boy. He made her feel a little warm inside. Before they continued talking the boy's mother came there panicking, calling for the boy.

Because she was facing Yoona's back and in her desperation to see if her son is okay, she didn't notice Yoona. But Yoona's heart skipped a beat the moment she heard that voice. "No this can't be...." She thought. "I could've misheard. She gathered  the courage to look at the woman's face and she froze. 

It was her. She was really in front of her eyes. Yoona couldn't believe this was happening. She was not ready to face her, no matter how much she wished to see her again. To touch her, to hold her and never letting go. But now her mind was blank. Her body trembled and heart palpitates. The women had yet to notice Yoona's presence. And Yoona was forcing herself to do something, anything before she notices.

So Yoona did the one thing her brain told her to.Once again she did what she had done long back that time.

Rejecting her heart's desire, once again Yoona ran away from the love of her life.