Homecoming

Where fate leads

It was 6:00 in the evening when she reached her apartment which was lend to her by her company. She was working for a marketing and advertising company in Busan. And because of her job she often has to travel place to place but the most she has to be away was for two weeks,not more than that. Recently she got to know that she was being transferred to Seoul's branch of the company in the R&D department. At first she was hesitant as this would be the last place she wanted to be. It would bring so many unwanted memories and pain which were unbearable. It has taken a lot for her to get back together and reset her life. Going back meant facing all those pains which had left her broken and made it hard to leave there. But she was given no choice. It was either she choose to come here or lose her job, obviously she came. Entering the apartment she took off her shoes and put on the lights. She let out a huge sigh as she slumped down on couch in the living room. She was tired by the journey physically but more than that all those flashbacks from her past had taken a toll on her mentally. After some time she texted to her only friend, about her arrival, who had somehow managed to keep her sane during the hard times of her life. It was not even minutes after she heard her phone buzz with a text message. It was her friend's reply.

" hey what's up! glad to know you have arrived safe. You must be very tired?"

" Yeah!"

" It's great to have you back here. I've missed you so much."

" Me too. After all you are the only one whom i can miss"

" Stop getting emotional now. text me your address, i want to visit you and catch up with you."

" Yeah surely will do that"

" I gotta go. See you later"

"Bye! & Hey Yoona............welcome back!"

She put the phone on the coffee table and rested on the couch putting one hand under her head and she started thinking about her friend.

 

Yuri was her name. Kwon Yuri had a charming and cheerful personality. With tanned skin adding to her beauty, long brown hairs, big sparkly eyes and a model like height. But more than that she was very kind hearted person. She entered her life as a friend when she was totally alone. Although Yoona was not into making friends and prefers her time alone Yuri made sure that she would befriend her. It was not easy,mind you. But Yuri was persistent. And she was the first ray of light in Yoona's dull life. Whenever Yoona asked her why was she keen to befriend someone like her, the only nonchalant reply  she got was" what is so wrong to be friends with you".

As time passes yoona started to get comfortable with her and both them spent great amount of time together. This had made yoona's life less miserable and less lonely for she had a friend like her. Yuri had also gained a special place as a friend in her heart. But even with the presence of a friend like her yoona still felt that void, that emptiness in her heart which she did'nt knew how to fill. Until she came........ With those thoughts she unconciously dozed off as her mind and heart fell into an another restless slumber.