A step closer

Where fate leads

It's been two days since their encounter, but Seohyun still couldn't get to talk to Yoona. She desperately wants to talk to her and make some sort of development between them. But before she could even approach her, Yoona was out of her reach. This was getting to Seohyun. And to top it all Yuri too had seemed to be disappeared somewhere. So Seohyun can't even use her as a means to get to Yoona. There was no need to say that Seohyun was getting frustrated because of it.

Being the impatient person she was, she was on the verge of her patience and had enough. She decided to take an action and get to Yoona however she can.

Therefore, she found herself waiting at the gates after the classes for Yoona. She was hoping to catch up with Yoona. Fidgeting from one leg to other, she waited. And about ten minutes later, she could now see the face she was waiting for. She straightened herself and got ready to talk to Yoona. But she was taken aback a little, when Yoona just rushed past her, seemingly to be in a hurry. She didnt noticed Seohyun and Seohyun was left with agape.

But she was adamant on not letting go of this opportunity. So she ran after Yoona. Catching up with her speed was quite difficult but Seohyun managed. Getting by her side and matching with her footsteps, Seohyun tried getting her attention.

"Hi Yoona!, she exclaimed close to her ear. And because of this Yoona startled, for she was deep in her thoughts. She stared at Seohyun with wide eyes and racing heart.

" Oh, so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I was just trying to talk to you.",she apologised

Yoona was still recovering from the shock and calming herself.And by not getting any reply, Seohyun took the silence the wrong way.

"You don't remember me?", she asked sadly. She thought she had some progress with Yoona.

"Huh! No, I mean no, I do remember you....Seohyun". And Seohyun's face lit up with that.

" Do you want something from me Seohyun?"

"Ugh! I was thinking maybe we could hang out somewhere, only if you want. Actually, I wanted to spend some time with you so...", she trailed off.

" I'm sorry, but I have a shift in 30 minutes. Cant make it.",Yoona said apologetically.

"Can I walk you there?"

"What! You want to walk with me till there.Are you sure?"

"Yes! I'llbe fine,trust me.Please let me come with you",Seohyun pleaded with hopeful eyes.

Yoona was confused at her behaviour, but she didn't had the heart to say no and hurt Seohyun. So she reluctantly agreed.

Her workplace, that cafe, was just fifteen minute walk from their building. Seohyun rarely walked, as she doesn't like it much. She used her car to go anywhere.But walking with Yoona felt different. It didn't bothered her at all. 

All the way, Seohyun tried to ask one or the other thing to her. But she only got short responses. After fifteen minutes they reached to the cafe. Seohyun bid her goodbye to Yoona and watched until she got inside. She made her way back to the building to get her car and drive herself home. Not to say her steps were fill with bounce as she felt happy with her progress with Yoona, no matter how little it was.

Seohyun got to know that Yuri was visiting her relatives in Busan. That's why she was nowhere to be seen when Seohyun needed her. But it not a problem anymore because she was returning today. Seohyun was going to ask her for help. For helping her to get more close to Yoona. It was because Yoona may talk to her, but she seemed uncomfortable and detached. Seohyun doubted that she even wanted this friendship. But she didn't want to loose any chance that she had with Yoona. So she decided to involve Yuri which will make things easy for both of them. Yuri's presence will make Yoona less uncomfortable and it'll also give Seohyun more chances to be with Yoona.

Therefore, she dragged Yuri to a corner the first chance she got. Yuri wasn't expecting this so she stared at her confused. Without wasting time, Seohyun came to the point.

"Yuri, I need your help

"My help? About what?"

"Actually, I am trying to get more friendly with Yoona. But nothing seems to be working out. It's like she doesn't even want to talk to me."

"That's because she doesn't."

"What!?"

"The thing is, Yoona had spent most of her life alone. Even I know her since only a year. Before that there was no one to be her friend. Not even some small talks with anyone. She is so used to that, that she now prefers isolation over socializing. Befriending Yoona was as hard as breaking rocks for me too." Yuri sighed

"It must have been hard for her then", Seohyun's heart hurt a little at hearing that and she felt bad for Yoona. 

But now she desperately wants to change that, not even knowing why. She just knew she wanted Yoona to not be alone. To not isolate herself from people and be more accepting of them. So she, along with Yuri decided to do just that. And she was sure that with Yuri's help, her task was going to be much easier. She only hoped for the best to come out of it.