Zero Degrees

His Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I applied for University, one of the things that I really worried about was making friends. I'm now a sophomore, and I realized I worried over nothing.

Over time I made a group of friends, all thanks to Hayoung. She was a social butterfly. And when you hang out with people like that, your circle and connections will also grow along with hers. Hayoung and I were the first ones to get close, but she befriended Kyungsoo during one lecture, and the three of us became friends ever since. 

Although Yuna was also under our course, she hung out with two girls before, but both ended up switching courses by the second semester. So Hayoung took her in our little group. Surprisingly, I click well with Yuna, maybe even more than Hayoung. Part of the reason being that Yuna's personality is similar to mine. A year later, Yuna and I became roommates since both of us live in the dormitory in school.

Kyungsoo lives in a shared apartment near our university with three other guys, named; Jongdae, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun. For our dorm did not allow in male guests, and Hayoung says she's allergic to the library, we settle on Kyungsoo's place to be our after-school study room and leisure venue. Yuna was against it at first, but once all of us and the guys became close, it was a regular hang out spot.

Hayoung's boyfriend, Minseok, tags along sometimes when he's not busy. He's a year older and a senior to us, and he's also from a different department, making his schedule not very fitting with ours.

When we can, we like to have fun during our spare time. Even if that means drinking on a Friday night when you still have an early morning class the next day.

 

When Chanyeol comes back from the convenience store, he retrieved a bottle of beer on one hand, and soju on the other, from the brown paper bag he placed on the table. Behind him, Baekhyun throws down another bag filled with snacks as he sits beside Yuna, who rolls her eyes.

Baekhyun playfully attaches himself to Yuna, knowing all too well how she despises skinship. He was reaching out for a hug when the latter drags his body aside. She pushes him aggressively. Within seconds, Baekhyun gives up and sat quietly as he opens a bag of chips to pass on.

Chen kept cheering boisterously, whooping as Chanyeol lays the liquor on the table with a suggestive grin.

"Nobody's coming home sober tonight," Hayoung said, raising a fist.

"I'll pass," Yuna dismissed.

Kyungsoo scowled upon seeing the alcohol when he arrives from the kitchen, putting down his specialty plate of kimchi mac n' cheese on the table, "I'm not cleaning your up."

We elicit chuckles and small laughter in echoes. All of us know by heart that Kyungsoo signifies the mother in our group; he cleans, he cooks, and he listens to our problems, even if it's Chen's stupid obnoxious questions.

Yuna and I focus our attention on the hot platter of food Kyungsoo had served, fanning it to cool. 

"You always do, always will," Baekhyun cooed.

"Not this time," he sternly announced with a glare.

"Let's be real here Soo -" Chanyeol uttered while making his way to Kyungsoo, swinging an arm over his shoulder, and emphasizes hand gestures to make his point, "You're the only one that ever cleans around this house."

Chen nodded profusely.

Their apartment the place always looks decent when we come over, but we usually don't come unannounced, so it may be a different story when it's just the boys around.

Kyungsoo swatted the taller's arm away annoyed, dropping to sit next to Chen, Chanyeol following after. Yuna and Baekhyun started eating the mac n' cheese. I handed the rest from the other end of the table their forks, before taking a bite for myself.

"And the only time this place ever smells nice is when they're over," Baekhyun revealed as he chews, jabbing his thumb over our direction, where Yuna, Hayoung, and I, sit consecutively in a line.

We plastered a look of disgust. I also shook my head and Yuna fake barfed.

Chen agreed, "You're good at housekeeping Soo. End of discussion."

Kyungsoo scoffed. "So because I'm gay and know how to cook you can treat me like your maid? If you paid me hourly, I would've been more than happy to clean this dumpster hell we call home."

We all laughed at Kyungsoo's temper. Although he doesn't get angry very often -and it's really scary when he does, Kyungsoo is fun to tease because he's an easy target. He can't handle being teased, especially when everyone gangs up on him.

Hayoung handed him a glass of alcohol. I'm shocked she had already opened the bottle, but it was no surprise that she'd try to drown Kyungsoo's hot head with the drink.

"Bottoms up," she encouraged, making a motion to chug his glass of alcohol down at once. Kyungsoo gladly takes the shot as Chanyeol and Baekhyun jeer continuously, "One shot!"

While everyone looked at Kyungsoo, Chen impatiently takes the bottle of soju away from Hayoung and pours himself a drink.

"You have no manners you scum," Hayoung scolded, taking his glass and drinking the alcohol in one gulp.

Chen took the bottle once again as Hayoung tackles him for it. He turned around in defense, making sure he securely hugs the bottle in his chest.

The rest of us are engrossed in eating, me in particular. So we didn't mind the two when they start to get physical, until Chen drank straight from the bottle, downing half of the soju in one sitting.

"Dude!" Chanyeol growled. "Not cool."

"Well, that's a complete waste of good soju." Baekhyun shook his head.

Hayoung groaned in protest, whacking Chen's shoulder constantly when he draws the bottle back in his arms. Kyungsoo tsked as Yuna and I let out a disapproving groan. 

"What? I brush my teeth," Chen said matter-of-factly.

Kyungsoo simply knocked the back of Chen's head with his palm, a little too hard, as he had produced a whimper.

For revenge, he released a deep engulfing breath toward him, letting the shorter smell his mouth. Kyungsoo pinched his nose instantly, pulling his face back to retreat, and pushing Chen.

"Boys are disgusting," Hayoung commented.

"Your boyfriend's exactly like us," Baekhyun said, pouring himself a glass of the newly opened beer.

"At least he isn't ugly like you three," she sneered, taking away Baekhyun's glass. The latter pouted, but pours the alcohol in another glass and passes it to Chanyeol next. Baekhyun furrows one of his brows.

"You know that there's four of us right?" Chanyeol asked, taking his shot after.

"Obviously, Kyungsoo's exempted" I answered.

For us girls, it was established that we didn't like to add Kyungsoo to the mix when we talk about the boys. He's popular in campus already for being perfect, and he lives up to those expectations. He has the looks, the brains, a wonderful voice, not to mention he's very polished and well-mannered. He's also very gay, so we like to seclude him when we can. He just doesn't fit in with the rest of the guys, which is strange because they've been friends since high school.

Yuna laughed and Hayoung gives me a thumbs up, but the boys turns to me in unison, gasping exaggeratedly. Their faces are painted with complete shock. Chen glared, mouthing the word, traitor.

Kyungsoo extended his arm to reach me, holding up a hand in front of me. I gladly return his high five in triumph.

Out of everyone, you could say I'm the quietest one. Before, they always made a big deal if I speak up. These days they get shocked when I shut them down with sarcasm.

Hayoung cleared . "Minseok's also buff. You boys got nothing."

Chen scoffed, flexing his biceps. "I'm buff too, these wimps don't even know how to lift." He smirks smugly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter