Reborn

The Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8 - Reborn

 

 

The King was settling at the table when Taeyeon placed a drink for him, her hand shaking. Outside, the soldiers guarded the house.

"What do you mean?" Sehun asked through gritted teeth, standing before the King with clenched fist, unable to control his emotion.

The King was silent, his eyes on the table. "Sehun." As he mentioned the name, memories flashed back through his mind. "Do you know what your name means?"

Sehun stared at him in disbelief.

"Sehun. It means serving the world meritoriously." As he remembered it, he smiled. "I used to tell your mother about the name. Your mother, Ye Ryung, is the woman I loved. She left me 20 years ago."

Those words startled Sehun, for he had never thought that his mother had hidden this secret for his entire life. He always wondered who his father was, yet she would always say that his father had died. "No, she wouldn't lie to me," Sehun hissed.

"No, she didn't have any choice. And in fact, she was still very young when she had you. You have to forgive her," he uttered. "It was I to blame, for letting her go." His voice was filled with regret. "But now, you know the truth. I am Oh Daeshim, the King of Goguryeo. And you are my son, Oh Sehun."

Everyone in the house was speechless. Taeyeon and Baekhyun felt weak on their knees. Never had they thought that they would save the life of His Highness the Prince of Goguryeo. They had thought that his face resembled someone familiar, but they couldn’t figure it out earlier. And apparently, it was their King.

Sehun scrutinezed his father. "Where's my mother?"

"She's in the castle, and she's dead worried about you," Daeshim answered. "We have to go back soon."

Sehun glanced at Baekhyun and Taeyeon. "I'm not coming without them." And both of them gawked at him.

Daeshim stared at the two people who had saved his son and understood what to do. "Of course," he answered.

 

 

Irene opened her eyes slowly, and a face came into view. At first, it was a blur. But as the person got nearer, she could see clearer. It was a face of a very beautiful woman.

"Are you okay?" the unfamiliar voice was filled with concern.

Two other faces came into view, and this time, it was two young men watching her from behind the woman. Irene shifted her look to the surroundings, which were all unfamiliar, before scrutinizing the faces again. She sat up and backed off, pushing her back to the wall, fear building up inside her.

"Don't worry. It's okay," the woman spoke softly and squeezed Irene's hand in hers. Somehow, the tenderness in her voice and the warmth in her eyes managed to calm Irene down. "I am Hana, and you're at my house." A soft smile touched Hana's lips. "You've been unconscious for a few days. How are you feeling?"

Yet instead of answering, Irene stared at the two men, who automatically grinned at the same time.

When Irene's gaze landed on Won, his heart skipped a beat. Her eyes were so beautiful, so enchanting. He couldn’t admire them before, since they had been hidden when she was asleep.

A few moments later, Joy came in, bringing foods. She was surprised to see that Irene was already awake.

"So, young lady, who are you?" a question left Hana's lips. "Why did you come here alone?"

Irene looked confused, making them wonder.

Little did they know that she was questioning herself about that. She was trying to remember when an extreme pain hit her head. She touched it, wincing in pain.

"Are you alright?"

She stared at them again, and her voice finally came out from . "W-who.. " She had no idea how to answer. "Who am I?" Her voice was broken. She squinted, as if she was the one forcing them to answer.

And their hearts sank.

"Aunt Hana, it can't be..." Joy murmured in disbelief, covering in her hand.

Hana observed Irene and noticed her insecurities. Irene was shaking. Indeed, the girl had lost her memory, probably because of the injury on her head.

"It's okay. Everything's going to be alright." She hugged Irene, and when she felt her resistance, she tried to soothe her. "It's okay. We can work it out. Slowly."

The rest of them could just stare in silence, feeling sorry for her, unable to guess what might have happened.

 

 

The sound of soldiers announcing the arrival of the King echoed, and Ye Ryung’s eyes snapped open. She saw Tzuyu sleeping next to her. They had waited for the King to arrive until they had involuntary fell asleep. Now, it was past midnight. "Tzuyu." She Tzuyu’s shoulder to wake her up. "Your father is here already," she whispered.

Tzuyu yawned. "Father is here?" She rubbed her eyes before reclining on the bed.

Ye Ryung stood up, and when she looked through the window, she spotted some men on horses entering the gate. Her eyes widened, and she quickly hustled out of the room, downstairs.

"Sehun!" she cried as she reached the ground floor, storming toward the door. It opened, revealing the King and her son striding in –followed by Baekhyun, Taeyeon and some soldiers behind.

When Sehun saw her, he sped up his pace. "Mother."

"Thank God." Ye Ryung rushed to him and pulled him in a tight hug. "You're still alive. I thought I lost you." She pulled away to touch his face, and tears of joy filled her eyes. It was really her son. She felt like she could die because of happiness.

"I'm here, mother." He stared at her and smiled softly, relieved to see her again.

Tzuyu came into the site. When she watched the scene before her, she sighed in relief. Sehun spotted her, and her heart skipped a beat.

'He really looks like father,' she thought, her first impression. And it was not just about the looks, but also his aura, his presence.

Sehun looked at her with wonder.

"She's Tzuyu, your half-sister," Daeshim explained.

As Sehun heard the mentioning of his sister, whom he had never thought that he would have, he was startled.

"You two are three years apart."

Sehun stepped closer to her. "I'm Sehun."

Tzuyu saw his awkward introduction and almost forced herself not to laugh. Instead, she put on a cute smirk. "Glad to have you back, big brother."

Sehun heard the last two words and smirked. "Thanks."

W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter