Name for the Nameless

Diary of Zhang Yixing

He was here again. For the second time that day…

 

Yixing stared at the man in front of him who was drenched in rain. He couldn’t see half the man’s face with it being covered by the huge black fedora. “Are you alright?” he asked concerned. He leaned down to get a look underneath, to find those sad eyes again.

“Wet.” The man responded lowly.

It was the third day the man came in. After yesterday, Yixing was sure he wouldn’t encounter the mysterious man again, but he obviously thought wrong. “It is raining pretty hard, isn’t it?” the florist hummed, smiling.

There was a surprised look on the man’s face. He slowly backed away so his face could go back into hiding. “Yes. It is.”

Outside was terrible. Rain pounded on the roof and the windows, making it almost unbearable to listen to. You could barely see a thing outside. What really was on Yixing’s mind was why was this man outside at a time like this?

“Why were you outside? Don’t you see the weather channel?” Yixing asked as he leaned out. He watched the other hesitate to answer. It was kind of funny how the man would open his mouth before closing it up. It was as if he was afriad to speak.

“I thought it would be false.” He answered again.

Yixing laughed at that, shaking his head. “I don’t blame you. They tend to say a lot of lies, but then again, there were times they were right.” He hummed. He walked around his counter to be face to face with the man. “Since it is pretty bad outside, why don’t you stay here for a while? Just until it lightens up?” he offered.

The man lifted his head to look into Yixing’s eyes. He then looked outside. For a moment, it seemed he was thinking of the pros and cons of staying. He answered by taking off his long overcoat. “Alright. I’ll stay for a while.” He put his wet overcoat on his arm as he gently took his hat. With that coat gone, all that was left was tight black turtleneck, making the man look even more exquisite.

Once the intimidating hat was removed, Yixing could feel his face turn red. The man was even more attractive without that hat. His blonde hair fell over to the side of his face, shaping his strong jawline. His thick eyebrows were revealed, just resting above those dark brown eyes of his.

"We should get you out of those colthes, hm?" Yixing quickly said as he rushed away from the stronger. His face was burning with embarassment. He was sure the other male noticed his staring. What if the florist made him uncomfortable? Or worse, what if the man thought Yixing was some creep? Oh the thoughts filled Yixing's mind as he opened his drawer, pulling out a large black t shirt. On front of the tshirt was a red peony while the back was Yixing's shop information.

"Wear this. This should keep you dry for the time being." Yixing assured as he walked back to the man. He gave a small smile as the man took the tshirt. "I don't have any pants that could be in your size. So I'm sorry about that." he said quietly.

The man didn't say anything as he looked at the shirt. "It's fine. This should do." he said, looking up at Yixing. "Where is your bathroom?" he asked poiletly.

"Oh! Just down that small hall! You can't miss it." Yixing pointed down the small hallway that lead to the back of the shop. He watched as the man followed down the hall, feeling a bit guilty for not having any pants. He looked away once he could hear the click sound of the lock. After that, he just went about his business. There wasn't much to do for Yixing, so he rummaged through his drawers to find something to amuse him. There should be a sketchbook in which Chanyeol gifted him once, but he couldn't find a thing. He opened drawers, looking around, until he found a stack of sweatpants.

"..." Yixing frowned as he held them up, trying to remember why he had them in the first place. Then it hit him. "Oh yeah... I forgot about these." Yixing muttered once he remembered what they were doing in the drawer the first place. Chanyeol stuffed his old sweatpants in here in case he locked himself out of his apartment and come spent the night at the shop. However, there wasn't a case that he used the shop for his slumber. How would he be able to sleep anyways? There wasn't a thing that would be considered cozy.

The florist took a pair in his hands as he walked by the bathroom. He could hear the sound of wet colthes falling on the ground. It was likely he was barely stripping himself of his wet ones. With shaky hands, Yixing knocked. "Um... excuse me? I found a pair of sweatpants. They're my friends, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind you using them." Yixing said quietly, looking down at the pants. 

No one answered him for a minute. When someone did, it was the sound of the lock on the door, unlocking. Yixing looked up to see a hand out, waiting for the sweatpants to be place on top. "They're really soft. I'm sure you'll feel nice in them." He assured as he set the pants on top of the awaiting palm. The second they were in hand, the door closed shut.

Yixing only stood for a time being, before walking back to his counter. It was awkward and quiet. He just stood there waiting, no longer wishing to rummage through the drawers to find something to amuse him for the time being. Instead, he wanted to think. Think not only about him, but about this mysetrious man. The past few days were blazing hot days, however this man is wearing a black overcoat over black colthing. How was he not burning up? Also, what was up with the hat? Just silly questions amused Yixing as he waited outside.

Click!

The sound of the door opening made the florist look up to meet eyes with a different man. Well, it was the same man, but it was someone who seemed less intimadating. "Oh. They fit." Yixing said as he took notice of the loose sweats on the man.

"Yeah... They seemed to be my size." The man muttered as he stood by the hallway. He awkwardly looked at his wet colthes and socks. "What if other people come in?" he asked, not taking his eyes off his colthes.

The florist looked out to see the pouring view. "Hm... Likely not." he assured. He went by the door and flipped his sign over, letting the town know he was done for the day. "I'm sure more people will come tomorrow when it's much better." he smiled over at the blank man.

A small shrug answered. The man leaned his head back as he looked at Yixing. From Yixing's perspective, he could see claw marks on his neck. That could be a reason why he wore that black turtleneck. Like Yixing said one he laid eyes on this man... he must have a hell of a story.

"So... Did you come from China?" a low voice asked.

Yixing could feel his blood run cold by the question. "Yes... It's been a while since I went back." he answered. He looked down at his feet, feeling cold eyes watching him. "I wouldn't say I miss it... but I just miss having people around me that speak in the same tounge. It's sometimes diffucult to go along with a joke."

The sound of rain fell in between the thick silence. Yixing brought himself to look up to meet the man's curious eyes. He gave a shy smile before asking the other a question. "So, what's your name? I never got it from before."

It looked as if the question was a senstive one, because the man's face became dark. His eyes moved over to the counter, his eyes resting on something that Yixing was unsure of. "I don't really have one to give." the man answered, his eyes dragging to Yixing's.

The florist knitted his eyebrows in confusion, but he didn't respond. "Can I give you one?" he asked.

"... Alright."

Something in Yixing bubbled in excitment. He held his chin as he thought for a good name. "Sam? No that's so American... Mon Foy? That sounds like food..." he whispered to himself. His lower lip stuck out, a bit fustrated that he couldn't think up of a nice name.

Xunqi

That name popped in his mind as he snapped his fingers. It seemed a cool name for the mysterious person in front of him. Where he heard it from, Yixing was unsure of, but one thing he knew was it was a perfect match. "Xunqi!" he cried. He smiled happily, as he watched the somewhat pleased reaction come out of the man.

"Xunqi... That's Chinese?"

"Yep! I'm sure it was from a super star back in China."

'Xunqi' mutter the name to himself over and over. "....Seems decent."

Then it was quiet again. Just the rain pounding away outside made noise for the two. Yixing brought himself to sit over at the register. "So... Xunqi. What do you do for a living? You seem to be well off with your colthes." He brought up, looking at the awkward person.

Xunqi didn't look. "Sell things. he answered, crossing his arms. From the bare skin he showed, there were some bandages wrapped around, blood splattering over it. From the looks of it, it seemed recent.

From the looks of it, Yixing would have taken Xunqi as a boxer. However, there seemed to be something much darker to the wounds. It was no boxer injury. "Your bandage looks as if it needs to be changed." he commented quietly.

The man looked at it, before shyly covering it. He cleared his throat. "It's fine."

"But you need to change it every so often. Come sit over here. I'll take care of it for you." Yixing offered, getting off his seat. He bent down to the lowest drawer, pulling it out. Inside was his first aid kit, which had everything he would need.

"..." Xunqi stood quietly by the stool, watching Yixing stand back up. "You don't need to. I have my-"

"No, it's fine. Besides, it looks like it needs to be changed." Yixing gently pushed the taller one down on the stool. "I don't mind changing it up for you." He gave a small smile as he gently unwrapped the old wrapping. Once unwrapped, he nearly cringed from pain at the sight of it. "Ow..." he whispered.

What was shown before in was a deep gash with that shone bright red, letting everyone know it was recent. Small cuts were here and there, for reasons unknown, but worried Yixing. "Must've been a bad accident." Yixing muttered, looking at Xunqi's blank face. "It's fine, I can just add alcohol." he assured, grabbed his small bottle of alcohol. He took a small cotton ball and dabbed alcohol on it.

"You know my grandmother used to kiss my wounds all the time when I was younger." Yixing laughed, as he gently dabbed on the wound. He could feel the other twitch at the feeling. "It would feel much better after that. Her kisses were powerful." he joked, as he set the cotton down. He grabbed the gauze to wrap up the nasty wound. "Sometimes I wish I could kiss all the wounds away and make them feel better."

Xunqi said nothing but watched Yixing wrap his hand up. His eyes studied Yixing, as if he was trying to say something about the florist, but didn't know if he should. "...Do..." he began.

Yixing looked up to see the other act shy. "Hm?"

"...Do... Do you think it's going to stop raining soon?"

The florist looked out, as if it would tell him. "Yeah, it looks like it's lighting up. So maybe in another thirty minutes." He let go of the large hand, and looked back at Xunqi. The other was looking at his hand, a small frown on his face. "Don't worry. You won't be stuck in here with me for long." he joked.

The man didn't say anything as he looked at Yixing. He looked to the side, only to face with the painting. "Oh..." he let out. He stood up, facing the massive painting.

Yixing looked at the painting as well. Something about that painting just seems to bring the other's attention quickly. "Yes. You love that painting, don't you?" he asked, looking at the other. He watched a small nod confirm his suspecion. "My friend can paint you one. He told me he was painting for someone else, but I'm sure he can paint one for you."

The man shook his head. "No, that's fine. I already have someone doing it for me." he explained. He looked away from the painting before looking at Yixing. "Thank you."

"Oh, don't worry. I'm just trying to get my friend to do more-"

"No I mean, thank you for having me to stay. I really do appreciate your thought of kindness." Xunqi interputted. He looked outside, as if he was tired of seeing it. "Not many would take me in. Everyone think I'm too much of a bad person."

"Bad? That's ridcioulous. You're not bad." Yixing comforted. He smiled at the stunned man, "You're really nice to talk to. I'm sure, those people are just jerks. We all will encounter them someday."

Xunqi stared, as if he was amused. "Well, I'm sure you'll think so as well when you get to know me." he said quietly. He didn't let Yixing answer, as he moved on to another subject. "Can I have eight of those flowers?"

"Oh! Of course!" Yixing nodded as he walked over to the shelf where another boquet rested. "Just eight." he muttered to himself as he took out two flowers. He rest the flowers next the one from yesterday. Gently, Yixing carried the boquet to the register, "It'll be $80 just for th-"

Money was set down befor he could say anything else. "Oh. Thank you." Yixing took the money to put in. "You know, you're going to be in here for a while, so there is no rush to buy-"

"I texted a friend to come by and pick me up. He should be here in a bit." Xunqi explained, looking down. His colthes were still drenching wet and he was still in Yixing's offered colthes. "I didn't want to bother you anymore."

"Oh you're not bothering me. I'd be happy to help a friend out."

"Friend?" The tone in that small phrase sounded confused.

"Of course. Aren't we friends?" Yixing asked, as he looked up at Xunqi. He handed over the bouqet, waiting for Xunqi to answer. However, the other never answered. He just stared at the bouqet then at Yixing. Nothing. Just silence and the two staring at each other.

A loud horn blared outside the shop that shook the two of them. "That must be Baekhyun." Xunqi said quietly. He looked at himself before looking at Yixing. "Do you mind if I take these home?" he asked, addressing to the colthes.

"No, not at all. You can have them." Yixing answered. He watched as the other gather his things to take to the car. 

"Thank you... Yixing." A small mutter left Xunqi's mouth before he walked outside to the pouring rain.

"Bye..." Yixing waved a little, watching the other go. Outside, he could see a smaller man jump out the car with an umbrella.

"Sorry for being so late!" the man cried, hurrying Sehun to the car. "I was busy making that..." The rest died out as he lowered his volume.

Yixing didn't care. He just sighed as he now was alone. He sat behind his register, looking at the desk. "Oh. This is still out." he looked down at the newspaper from yesterday. He stared at the massive headline and the blurry picture of Oh Sehun. "This... Is a real monster Xunqi." he said quietly.

 

 

 

Dear Diary,


I made a friend. Well, I think we are friends. I let him in since it was pouring so hard outside today. He didn't express much emotion, just that of awkwardness. I can relate to that. He's not a bad person, however he has the mindset that he is. For some strange reason, when I try to assure he isn't, he lets me know that he is. I don't want to believe that. If he was a bad person, what would that make Oh Sehun whom is a monster? A demon? I don't know. Hopefully, I can get closer to this man. For now, I need to think more about my shop. It's been dying lately since it's getting closer to the colder seasons. Hopefully, I can get more customers by the end of this month. Hopefully....

 

CLOSE, Zhang Yixing