...

“What is it about me having long hair?”

 

When Minho was offered a role in the new drama, he kept the details of it secret. Firstly, he was still a little unsure of it because it was a period drama and he still had the script reading to do before accepting the role. Secondly, if he decided to do it, that meant he would be dressing up as a character from that period…and would have long hair.

Long hair was not really his thing. RDD era was the longest he had ever had; and this style, though a wig, was going to be long. Uber long.

He was partly excited though because he suspected Taemin to have a liking to how he looked in long locks. He had asked many indirect questions, like “Hyung, is it necessary to trim it? Just be lazy like me and grow it out until it’s a hassle.” But more than these indirect questions, it was from the RDD era that he had his suspicions. They weren’t together then, but he had caught Taemin staring whenever his hair was being styled more than a couple of times.

Somehow he had remembered those stares and the questions, though cleverly infrequent, couldn’t hide Taemin’s entire intentions. Minho had known all along that Taemin wanted to see him in long hair again but of course, he wouldn’t voice it because everyone was aware of how much Minho liked his hair a good short length and out of the way.

A couple of days passed and Minho had decided to take the role. After the script reading, they had a costume rehearsal along with a photoshoot- the pictures were going to be out at the end of the week along with the news of the drama and Minho didn’t want Taemin to find out about his look from the magazines. He pulled a few strings so he could take his costume home and there he was standing in front of the mirror of his room, hesitant of what he was doing.

Taemin wasn’t home from his schedule yet but he could be anytime in the next few mins and that meant Minho had only a few minutes to change his mind. But he might have wasted too much time thinking because he could hear Taemin’s footsteps and his whiny voice calling out for him, “Hyung~”

Minho froze in panic, not knowing what to do because Taemin’s voice was getting closer and louder. “The others won’t be back until night. What do you wanna-”

Taemin stopped short when he pushed the door open, his eyes widening when he spotted Minho dressed in a period costume and having long hair.

Minho composed himself seeing the little blush spread in Taemin’s cheeks. He panicked so much but whenever he noticed Taemin get embarrassed because of him, it boosted his confidence and made him wanna take advantage of that embarrassment. “Hey, Taemin.” He spoke a little too low, his lips curling up in both excitement and slyness.

“Hyu-hyung,” Taemin swallowed, turning away, “So it’s a period drama this time?”

“Yes.” Minho smiled, his smile doing a complete 180 to innocence. “I asked to wear this out for a day…because I wanted you to be the first one to see me like this.”

Taemin grumbled, embarrassed, “Why did you bother people, I could have just seen your look with everyone else. It’s unprofessional-”

“Because I know you want to see me with long hair.”

Taemin was caught off guard and his mouth opened and closed voicelessly before he sighed, giving in, “Yeah, can’t deny that.”

“Why though?” Minho walked to him, lowering his voice to a whisper, “What is it about me having long hair?”

Taemin stepped back, now too embarrassed, “It’s something stupid!”

Minho chuckled, “Try me.”

“Are…you sure, hyung?”

Minho folded his arms, “Does it look like I’m not?”

Taemin pursed his lips, before slowly saying, “Okay, follow me.”
 



Minho was trying not to laugh out loud because the reason his boyfriend wanted him to have long hair was just too ridiculously adorable.

Taemin was sitting on the couch, cross-legged and Minho on the floor, leaning against the couch as Taemin gently untied his long hair and slowly combed through it with his fingers before combing and braiding it.

Minho had switched on the tv to keep himself distracted from his laughter, but it wasn’t working and he ended up chuckling. Taemin tugged at his fake locks and he went, “Owwww, sorry,” before chuckling again at Taemin’s cute, embarrassed grumbling.

“Do you remember? When I had long hair, you used to tie and braid it for me? Even used to play with it?” Taemin said as he continued braiding, “I found that really…loving,” He paused, his voice now reduced to a whisper, “And I always thought maybe I can return that same kind of affection one day.” He cleared his throat, “Also…long hair…it really does suit you; you look beautiful.”

Minho grew silent and waited for Taemin to be done with the braiding before resting his head back in Taemin’s lap, getting a view of his happy, flushed face, “I love you.” He whispered, smiling, “Every bit of you, especially the silliness. You’re so precious.”

Taemin blushed, his lips quivering, trying to respond but he abandoned his words and instead bent ahead to kiss Minho on the lips.

He broke away and pushed Minho ahead gently, “Now pack the costume away before it gets dirty.”

Minho got up but before he left to obey Taemin, he kissed his cheek, “You’re gonna decide when I get a haircut from now on.”

And he walked away, leaving Taemin smiling to himself, which turned into chuckling, watching those long braids sway ridiculously around him with his every step.