How to Be a Girl

Destined to Love You
Please log in to read the full chapter

~ How to Be a Girl ~

 

“Have you lost your damn mind?” I asked in horror. “How can I just accept that? Would you do?” He had to be joking; no way was I going to pretend to be girl!

“I know you don’t like the idea but as far as it seems it’s your only choice since we have no idea how to change you back. Your only option is to just play along.” Namjoon calmly stated. He could talk; he wasn’t the one having to act like a girl, that’s me.

“Yoongi, I know that’s not what you hoped for but I agree with Namjoon, there’s nothing else to do about it.” Hoseok endorsed. Fantastic. “Okay okay, let’s imagine I agree and try; first I have no girly clothes, in fact my old ones are too large for me now, second I don’t know how to do that make-up stuff and third I have no idea how to behave and you two don’t know either.” I declared leaning back on the couch  crossing my arms. What did he expect? That I just put on some make up and be the perfect girl? I never paid that much attention to girls. Of course I was not clueless but I didn’t know enough to actually fool people. I would clearly look like some butch, sitting on the couch straddle-legged like I was right now and swear at people when being angry. Not really feminine.

“I know, but I told you I’ve got a plan.” Namjoon said with a slight smirk on his face. No good sign if you asked me. “We just need someone who can teach you being a girl, how to dress, wear make-up and how to act.” Well, that sounded plausibly. But who was he talking about? “And where do we get a girl from that would help me?” I asked doubtfully. There was no agency to rent girls for that after all.

“That’s where Dawon comes into play.” He simply said. Dawon? Like Hoseok’s elder sister Dawon? I looked at Hoseok who simply nodded at me. “She is perfect for this.” Namjoon continued excitedly. “First you know her and she will definitely help you, that I’m sure of. Second she is a typical girl so she can teach you all you have to know.” I let the thought linger in my mind. Even if I was still against this whole pretending-to-be-a-girl-plan Namjoon was totally right; I had no choice. Besides, I wouldn’t be pretending to be a girl, I am one now. I just had to learn how to act like one. And even if I didn’t want to, Dawon would surely be a great help. “Fine. Call her.” I simply demanded staring at the ground blankly. I had nothing to lose anyway so I could at least give it try, right?

After a ten minute long phone call in which Hoseok explained the situation and another 20 minutes passing from then on my doorbell rang, marking Dawon’s arrival. I dedicated it to Hoseok to open the door since I was too busy staring at my now fragile looking hands. Besides she was his sister, not mine. I didn’t even look up when she entered the room, that was until she spoke up to me:

“Yoongi?” I slowly lifted my head and looked her straight in the eye. She really looked like her brother with her rather long face and slim nose and their bright smile was identical. But right now she was not smiling, rather looking at me astonished.

“Oh my god, Hoseok didn’t lie, you really are a girl.” She continued, sounding amazed as if some kind of miracle happened. Well, you didn’t see your brother’s friend turn into a girl that often, right? Although I wouldn’t declare that a miracle. I simply nodded at her since I was not in the mood for explaining.

“So, Hoseok told me you needed help being a girl.” I again nodded. I know I’m not very talkative right now, but to be honest I never was. After she stood there for a moment, thinking about what to do she demanded me to stand up what I simply did. She then revolved slowly around me, carefully inspecting me so that I felt like a deer being circled by a pack of wolves. Then she stopped in front of me looking me in the eye.

“I know what to do.” She claimed, grinning from ear to ear, making her look extremely similar to her brother. I knew that smile, and it bodes nothing good. “Let’s go shopping.” I knew it.

“No way!” I blurted out. “Come on, this will be fun!” Dawon begged. “Besides, you only got your old clothes which won’t fit you anymore; you have to get new ones.” . She was right. Maybe she read my mind or it was just the beaten expression on my face, I don’t know, but she started smirking triumphantly at me. Damn it. And that’s how I ended up in the backseat of Namjoon’s car, Namjoon of course driving it, with Hoseok on the front seat and Dawon next to me joyfully blabbering about what to buy for me, but I didn’t really pay attention to her, just nodded sometimes and said things like “Sounds great” or “cool” in order to pretend I give a damn to what she’s saying. But before going to the mall we had a stopover at Hoseok’s because first I had no fitting shoes and since I couldn’t go shopping barefoot Dawon offered to borrow me a pair of hers. Second she insisted on me putting on a jeans t of hers so I wouldn’t have to walk around the mall looking like a homeless with my loose sweatpants and hoodie.

After finally arriving at the mall Dawon dragged me to some cloth shop. Namjoon and Hoseok already left saying something like they wouldn’t be a help at all but they would pick us up when were finished. Those traitors. I however, would have done the same thing if I was them so I couldn’t blame them for fleeing.

“So…” Dawon started. “I think we should start with bras.” Oh god. No bras, please. “So since you’re actually a guy we shouldn’t take anything too pretty, just plain ones, you agree?” I just nodded, completely under shock. She then turned around searching through the department for women underwear. God, so many bras…

“How about that one?” she asked, holding a simple white bra in her hands. “Wait… Is that a ribbon?” I asked dumbly pointing at the small ribbon between the cups. “Yep, it’s so cute, isn’t it?” She said giggling. And that’s how I have to act from now on...

But back to the bra. Aside from the ribbon it looked okay. I then peeked at the others, some of them a bright pink, others with flowers or even with glitter. Maybe the ribbon wasn’t that bad after all.

“Fine…” I said, grabbing the bra and going to a changing booth. In there I pulled my hoodie off and took the bra. Okay, how does this thing work again? First opening the clasp, then putting my arms into the straps, then closing it… How the hell am I supposed to close it behind my back? I have no eyes there after all.

After a whole minute of trying to close the damn thing I gave up. “Dawon?” I asked exhausted. “Let me guess, you failed to close the clasp, didn’t you?” She asked amusedly. “Yeah…” I answered ruefully. “That’s no problem, I can’t do it behind my back either, but there’s a little trick I want to tell you.” Then go ahead because the traditional way . “So put it off first, then you apply it on your body but the clasp has to be at the front, then you close it, spin it so that the cups are at the front now and put your arms into the straps.” Listening I followed her orders and then that damn thing lied flat against my body. Wow, that trick really worked.

“Did you make it?” I heard Dawon’s voice from outside the booth. After realizing she couldn’t see me nodding in here I told her I was finished and looked in the mirror. Doesn’t look that bad after all. “Okay, now you have to check if it feels nice. It’s supposed to support your s, so if it’s too loose you need a smaller one. When it feels too tight at your torso you need one with a larger scope.” Wow, too much information. I thought for a moment. “Well, it’s a bit tight beneath my… It’s too tight.” No way was I going to finish that sentence. I then heard a chuckle from outside of the booth. “Okay, wait here, I’m getting you a larger one.” With that she went off, and after a minute she returned with the same but larger bra.”How’s that one?” Dawon asked after I put it on. “Ehm, it’s better, but the straps are too loose now.” Gosh, this is so complicated. How can women ever find fitting bras at all? Is this the reason they took so long at shopping?

“That’s no problem, you can adjust them.” Oh, there for are those little things on the straps. What a complicated but genius invention those bras were.

After adjusting them tighter I looked at myself and was pleasantly surprised. I looked… nice, almost y. “I like that one” I stated turning around to see my side profile. “Great!” Dawon replied excitedly. “Okay, then put it off so we can get you another one.” Wait, I need more than one? Today’s going to be a long day….                                                                              

Please log in to read the full chapter