An Unpleasant Surprise

Destined to Love You
Please log in to read the full chapter

~ An Unpleasant Surprise ~

 

After having spend one year in America to improve my command of English and just returning home I already had to leave again, but this time for a place people say having spend the time of their lives there; College.

Still a bit jetlagged I waited for the train to set off taking me to my new home town; South Korea’s capital Seoul. There my University was located where I would be majoring in music. Music has been a great part in my life since I was a child, but it was five years ago when I started taking it seriously, writing lyrics and producing my first songs, even performing them once in a while. By time I more and more realized that this is what I wanted to do in the future, so I did everything in order to achieve it; I joined the music club at high school, always got the best possible grades in music lessons, even that year in America was just another expedient to write better English lyrics plus I did a workshop in producing to stand out against other applicants.

Although due to all of those activities I never had the time to make friends, which luckily didn’t bother me at all because I was more of loner any way; also this way no one could distract me from my dream which meant everything to me.

Long story short, this dream is what made me enter that crammed full train and spend my Friday afternoon in it, trying to blend out the sounds of people talking and a baby crying with turning the music on my iPod up. Oh how I hated trains.

This went on for the next hours in which I indeed dozed off for a while, although how I did is still a mystery to me. My hope that the train would empty the more stations it reaches was completely belied as more and more people entered while just a few got out. Thank god I got a seat.

After a few more hours of boring driving the train finally arrived in Seoul at 7 o’clock pm and along with dozens other passengers I got off of it, happy to eventually breathe fresh air again. Well, as fresh as air can be in a metropolis like Seoul. Thankfully my apartment wasn’t that far from the train station so I only had to go by bus an hour before arriving at my new home. I swear I couldn’t have born sitting in a bus too long after having spend four hours in a train already.

Unfortunately a lot of the passengers like me had to take the bus driving from the station so that I again was surrounded by way too much people being noisy and breathing away all oxygen,making the air sticky. Sniffily I put on my face mask. When will this be over already?

When finally getting off of that crammed vehicle I just had to walk a few blocks to get to my new flat, using google maps to not get lost.

When there were only about 7 minutes of walking left I suddenly felt someone bump into me hard making me stumble and fall onto my . Damn, that hurt.

“What the actual ?” I grumbled angry, cursing that person under my breath already. That would definetely a bruise.

“Oh my god, I’m sooo sorry! Are you okay?” a bit high-pitched, but still manly voice chimed from above me. That guy, probably the same age as me reached out his hand to me in order to help me up. I however ignored that well-intended gesture and got up myself, brushing of the dust off me. “Watch out next time, dummy.” I simply said, picking up my bag and passing by him. As if that train and bus weren’t enough for today…

It was shortly after 8 o’clock pm when finally I arrived at my new apartment. It’s nothing special but comfortable though; a small bathroom, a nice but petite kitchen, a medium-size sofa in the rather small looking living room and an inviting-looking bed in the bedroom. Oh how I wanted to slump down on that beautiful bed right now.

Not wanting it to smell like trains thou I dragged myself into the shower right after picking out some fresh clothes and a towel. The hot water did wonders to my from the trip still stiff body, but made the tiredness that increased even more in that sticky bus intensify so extremely I felt like sleeping right here and there under the shower. With the last bit of strength I could command I dried my tired limbs, got dressed and finally let myself fall into my sheets, falling asleep almost immediately.

­­­­­­The next morning I was woken by bright sunlight shining through my curtains. “Damn light.” I murmured whiny, pulling my sheets over my head to block out the brightness in my room. This attempt however was pointless as I felt a strong urge to go to the toilet. Grumbling I threw my sheets back and walked to the bathroom. Having arrived there I splashed cold water into my face to become clear. When lifting my head and looking into the mirror I can assure you I almost fainted. There in the mirror was me, round face, pale skin and pout, but something was different. I looked…. female? My hair was suddenly shoulder-length and my features seemed softer. More feminine. I couldn’t help but scream in horror, and may I add that this scream wasn’t a manly scream, it was a rather high-pitched girly scream. Terrified I ran into my room and looked in the big mirror on the wall. The sight almost made me scream again. I was definitely smaller than usual, my waist seemed narrower and were those what I think they are? Yep, definitely s. I couldn’t believe this. I went to bed as a guy and awoke as a girl. What kind of sick joke is this? This couldn’t be, I must be dreaming, yep, it’s just a nightmare, that’s the only-

A sudden rather energetically k

Please log in to read the full chapter