"...Not enough to express my feelings." - MiNayeon

no more words left to spare

Nayeon knows it's silly, feeling jealous over the comments she sees on the Internet.

She found it almost funny, how it was the cute allegations that were riling her up - the supposed moments between Mina and Jeongyeon, or Jihyo, or even their youngest Tzuyu, who had taken a bigger shine to her recently.

Nayeon should know better.

She should, but she can't help herself, not when every comment she reads about them is about how much they disliked each other. Did they really act so coldly with each other in front of the others?

“You’re thinking so loudly,” Mina’s voice cuts through her thoughts, cuts through the turmoil building in her thoughts and her stomach with a gentle hand wrapping around her from behind.

“Mina,” Nayeon starts, and hesitates, and almost shakes herself because she’s never doubted herself - not when it came to Mina, at least. “You know I love you, right?”

Mina presses a soft kiss to her shoulders, and Nayeon can feel it, the smile that curves against her skin. “Is this about that video?”

“You really rejected me,” Nayeon complains lightly, a pout settling on her lips, but Mina only laughs, and Nayeon only falls, even harder than before.

“Your mic wasn't even on,” Mina grins, fingers tracing over the lines of her stomach as she settled even further against her back, her breath warm as it washes over Nayeon’s skin. “Of course I know you love me, Nayeon. I hope you know I love you too.” Mina noses against the line of her shoulder. “So, so much.”

Nayeon closes her eyes at the touch, laces her fingers through the ones settled against her stomach. “I wish we didn't have to hide.”

And not for the first time, she wishes things were different, even just a little. Wonders, how different things would have been if they hadn't ended up where they were now. If there was a universe where they could love as freely as Mina made her feel whenever she smiled.

“I know,” Mina whispers, because she does, because of course she does. “I know.”

Nayeon doesn't say anything more, but she doesn't have to. They lie together in the quiet of their room, as the 2 hours of sleep they have fades faster than they can blink.

That’s okay, Nayeon thinks.

So long as they can have each other to themselves, for just a little while longer.