| jeongchaeng

no more words left to spare

It hadn’t started as much of anything.

A favor, if it had to have been anything at all.

“Why me?” Jeongyeon asks with an incredulous laugh, rising from Chaeyoung’s lap and lifting her eyebrows at the girl sitting beside her. “Why not Jihyo or Sana? Momo, even.”

“I don't want anyone else, unnie,” Chaeyoung tells her in earnest, and it's enough for Jeongyeon laugh a little harder, gaze growing fond.  “If you really don't want to… I will ask them. But I wanted to ask you first.”

Jeongyeon regards her carefully, and she wonders why Chaeyoung would ask her of all people. She would even think it was a joke, except this was Chaeyoung , and if there was anything she took seriously in life, it was her art. “You seriously want me ?”

“Yeah,” Chaeyoung mumbles, averting her gaze for a moment before meeting hers again. “You’re really pretty, you know?”

Jeongyeon snorts and throws an arm around Chaeyoung’s neck, ruffling her hair and ignoring her squeals of protest. “Okay,” She relents. “I’ll be your model for the semester.”

Chaeyoung gasps, peering up at her through the nest of her hair, a dimpled grin on her face. “You mean it?”

“I mean it,” Jeongyeon hums, fixing Chaeyoung’s hair and settling back into the couch. “Now press play on the movie again. We’re not even halfway through the Notebook.”

“I can't believe you like gross movies like that,” Chaeyoung teases, leaning forward to press play on her laptop before settling back against her.

Jeongyeon’s cheeks warm as she pinches Chaeyoung’s, but doesn't say much more, only sinking further against her. Chaeyoung wipes her tears away later that night, and Jeongyeon thinks that working with Chaeyoung might not be so bad, after all.