04. TAKE CARE

Burnout

Hyesung and Eric stood by the hood of the car facing the sun that was shining infront of them-it wasn't shining as brightly as before at 5 in the afternoon, but they could still feel the heat grazing their faces. Both of them doesn't mind it as they look at the spectacular view; trees, mountains, flowers at bloom and the clouds in position, like a scene from an artist's sketch. The wind breezing by their faces was cold and it smells fresh, with a scent of different flowers and plants accompanying it. There were no sounds of cars passing through, nor were there any other noise other than nature itself.

Hyesung moves towards the edge of the bridge, admiring the scenery. He could see several birds flying around from where he was standing, leaves swaying gently with the wind and a distant sound of ruffling leaves. It felt restful. He smiles a little and closes his eyes, ignoring the pain that came with it. In all truth, he's never been a nature person as he's used to the city, but whenever he's feeling stressed out or depressed, the greeneries and the sight and sounds of nature relieves his mind.

Like today.

Hyesung places both of his hands on his pockets, his eyes still closed, a smile lingering on his lips. He breathes in deeply, inhaling the scent of everything around him. He caught a scent of lavender, sunflower, leaves, grass, and Eric's perfume.

Hyesung's breathing stops.

Eric's hands encircles Hyesung from behind, resting on both of his shoulders, rubbing gently.

"You okay?" Eric whispers on his ears.

Hyesung's eyes fly open at this, his heart was thumping madly on his chest and he was pretty sure Eric could feel it.

"Syungie?" Eric says as he rests his head on his right shoulder.

Hyesung closes his eyes again, breathes in and out a little, trying to calm himself, "I'm fine." He responds finally.

"Okay." Eric mutters as he moves his head a little, his lips touching Hyesung's pullover.

Eric was breathing deeply, Hyesung could feel it on his skin. It gave him goosebumps, but he didn't made any move to acknowledge it. Instead he closes his eyes again, breathing just as deep, trying to encapsulate this moment on his head. Eric's hands stop rubbing Hyesung's arms as he pulls him closer to him, imprisoning him on his embrace. Hyesung doesn't fight it, in all truth, he was pretty tired of fighting today...

His eyes hurt from all the crying.

And the pain in his heart felt like it's piercing him every minute.

He just wanted time to stop, just today, just this very moment.

And he didn't want to care what the next moment would bring.

He just wanted to be here.

Right now.

With Eric.

Silence envelopes both of them after a few minutes, the birds flew by around them as if dancing, the leaves swaying with the wind that was blowing ever gently on their faces.

"Wouldn't we be late if we stop over like this?" Hyesung mutters after a few moments, breaking the silence.

There was no response from Eric, which makes Hyesung turn his head slowly towards his right to look at Eric's face. His breathing stops at what he sees.

Eric looks as if he was sleeping, his face peaceful, with a small smile playing on his lips.

Gathering himself, Hyesung couldn't help but smile at the image, he lifts his right hand to touch Eric's arm, moving in a gentle carress to wake him up. Eric's smile widens because of this, and Hyesung could feel his heart jumping on his chest.

Biting his lower lip, Hyesung whispers, "Eric-ah".

"Hmm." Eric murmurs as he moves his head toward's Hyesung's neck, snuggling closer to Hyesung's face.

Chuckling, Hyesung turns his head towards the view again, a blush creeping on his face, "We're going to be late." He says trying to hide the smile on his voice.

Eric rubs his nose on Hyesung's neck, "Don't worry to much." He mumbles under his breath.

Hyesung nods his head in silence, trying hard not to lose his mind. He could feel Eric's breathing on his neck and his heart was thumping madly on his chest. He stops rubbing Eric's arm and keeps his hand inside his pocket again.

Eric chuckles, "It's okay, Hyesungie~"

Hyesung turns his head slightly to Eric's side, careful not to touch his cheeks to Eric's face.

"We're entitled for something like this every once in a while." Eric says breathing in deep again.

Hyesung turns his head back towards the view again, "You don't like being late." He says matter-of-factly.

"I don't." Eric murmurs.

"So why now?" Hyesung replies.

"I'm with you." Eric says clearing his throat and rubbing Hyesung's arms again, "That is excuse enough."

Hyesung nods, not knowing what else to say.

Eric chuckles again and moves towards Hyesung's left, leaving his right arm on Hyesung's shoulders. "Are you in a hurry to get there?" He says after a few seconds, turning his head to take a look at Hyesung's face.

Hyesung smiles, shaking his head, "Not really. Was just worried--"

Eric cuts him short, "Don't."

Hyesung gives Eric a glance, he was smiling at him, "Okay."

They both turn their attention towards the scenery again. In Hyesung's mind he can see their car parked by the bridge, nature spilling in generous amounts around them, with him and Eric standing by the edge of road, the trees swaying with the wind, the air getting a bit colder, birds flying in all directions and flowers in full bloom, their scent scattered everywhere around them.

PERFECT. Hyesung thought to himself, smiling a little.

"The sun is setting." Hyesung says as he looks up  and sees the sun slowly make it's descent, giving way for the night that was to come.

"Mhm." Eric murmurs.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Hyesung says looking at Eric with a grin on his face.

Eric grins right back at him, "Yes."

Hyesung's eyebrows meet at the center of his forehead, "You didn't even look at it did you?"

Eric laughs, "I did.", then he gives Hyesung another grin, "I am."

Hyesung raises an eyebrow, "The sunset?"

Eric shakes his head, "No." and smiles, "You."

Hyesung laughs, a blush creeping on his face again, "The sunset Eric." Hyesung says pointing towards the direction of the sun, "I am talking about the sunset." He says spreading both of his arms to point out what he just said.

"Oh, I thought we were talking about you." Eric says, his tone of mock surprise.

Hyesung gives him a side glance, he was pretty sure his face was as red as a tomato right now, "I am not beautiful." He says nonchalantly.

"You are." Eric says seriously.

Hyesung tries to keep himself in check and goes back to looking at the sunset, "No, I'm not."

Eric shrugs, "Well, to me you are."

Hyesung chuckles and bows his head. After a few seconds he raises his head and looks at Eric, "Thank you." he says sincerely.

Eric gives him a wide smile, "How about me?"

Hyesung rolls his eyes, "Fishing for compliments are you?"

Eric laughs, "No. I'm asking truthfully."

Hyesung laughs despite himself, "Okay. You?"

"Yes, what do you think about me?" Eric says nodding his head, his face full of anticipation.

Shaking his head and looking back at the sunset, Hyesung responds, "You're not beautiful, Eric."

"Right." Eric says, his voice full of hurt.

Hyesung breathes in deep, "You are wonderful, and amazing, and I--"

Eric kisses his cheeks.

Surprise, Hyesung turns towards Eric's direction, his eyes wide.

Eric laughs, grins and raises his eyebrows, "Well?"

Still with his eyes wide, Hyesung replies, "What?"

"And you?" Eric says smiling at him widely.

Hyesung's breath catches on his throat.

AND I LOVE YOU. Hyesung thought achingly.

"And I-I think you're awesome." He says shrugging, trying to hide the quiver on his voice.

Eric chuckles, "That's it?"

NO. Hyesung's heart screamed at him.

I LOVE YOU.

Hyesung nods and turns back towards the view, the sun is almost gone.

"Are you sure?" Eric prods, tapping Hyesung's shoulders.

NO. Hyesung's heart screamed again.

"Yes." Hyesung replies, shrugging.

I LOVE YOU.

"Really?" Eric prods again, this time turning his body towards Hyesung's direction.

Hyesung's could feel his sweat dripping down his back, "Ofcourse." He says nonchalantly, "What else is there?"

Eric shrugs, looking at him with a smile lingering on his face.

Hyesung looks at Eric's face and he could hear his heart, his mind and his soul screaming at Eric.

I LOVE YOU.

I LOVE YOU.

I LOVE YOU.

Hyesung knew his face was showing it, but he couldn't say it out loud.

He felt like his chest was going to burst as Eric looks at him straight in the eyes, trying to read what was in their depths...trying to know what was on his mind.

After a few moments, Eric gives him a smile, "Okay, Hyesung."

Hyesung breathes, "Okay, Eric."

Eric laughs, grabs Hyesung and hugs him.

Hyesung lifts both of his hands to embrace him right back.

Eric's muscles jumps at his touch, and then relaxes. He could feel Eric pulling him closer to his chest, and instead of pushing him back, he welcomes the embrace and hugs him just as tight.

"Thank you, Eric." Hyesung whispers on Eric's ear.

"For what?" Eric whispers back.

"For everything."

"Everything?"

"Yes" Hyesung rests his head on Eric's shoulder, "Everything you are to me."

Eric's breathing stops and he pulls apart from their embrace, his face worried, "You're not leaving me are you?" He says seriously, his eyes searching Hyesung's face.

Hyesung laughs, "No." He says shaking his head, "Why would you think that?" He says almost smiling.

BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN MELANCHOLY THE WHOLE AFTERNOON YOU IDIOT. Hyesung's mind screamed at him.

Eric shakes his head, relief crossing his features, "Nothing, just---just today, you've been really different." He says his voice full of concern.

Hyesung breathes out and shrugs, "I'm just not feeling well that's all."

Eric's eyebrows meet at the center of his forehead, "So...you are saying these beacause you're not feeling well?"

Hyesung laughs and shakes his head, "No, because I'm feeling better now."

Eric raises an eyebrow and tilts his head to the side, "Why?"

"Because I am with you." Hyesung says seriously.

A smile spreads through Eric's lips and he grabs Hyesung again, kissing his cheeks.

Chuckling, Hyesung encircles his arms on Eric's back and embraces him tightly towards him. He closes his eyes, turns his head towards Eric's and rests his cheeks on Eric's cheeks.

Eric rubs Hyesung's back, "I'll always be with you, Hyesung." He whispers, "No matter what happens.".

With his eyes still close, Hyesung smiles and responds, "Really?"

Eric nods, rubbing his cheeks against Hyesung's, "I swear it."

A single solitary tear falls down on Hyesung's cheeks.

Slowly.

Gently.

He smiles and rubs Eric's back while resting his head on Eric's shoulders, hugging him tightly towards him. He could feel Eric doing the same, his head bowing a little, his lips resting on his shoulders again, his breathing deep.

Hyesung didn't want to think of what the next hours would entail.

Or what tomorrow would bring.

All he wanted was to stay in the now.

Nothing else matters.

Just for that moment.

Everything was enough.