Chapter 9

The Key

                                 Kyungsoo's POV


Right. Like that was ever an issue.


         I felt too preoccupied to hold a grudge. Relieved about staying with Granny, and stunned by my discoveries all this time in some books, my mind had continued spinning in a dozen different directions. 

Hardly able to contain myself, I've waited while everyone were staring at me. Again, we were sitting on the old-fashioned leather couch.

Minah and I were having a long tensed conversation last night. Are there any possibility for my parents to.. still alive? They just can't be found anywhere right? They could live longer than anyone.

I don't know how to react and how to feel about this. I wanted to cry . . I can't. I wanted to scream out loud . . I can't. Mostly, I wanted to mad and hit both Minah and Jun on their face . . I just can't. I feel bad. Really bad. What would my parents think about me ?

The atmosphere in the house was surely began to tensed up too. I kept hanging my head low, as low as I could to hide my swollen eyes. I could sense that they already knew . . About me.

"Alright, I'm going to prepare the breakfast," Minah announced. "You guys stay here with Kyungsoo. Have a little chitchat."

Then she walked to the kitchen.

On the landing, Minah paused. She'd looked at me with a pretty eye smile painted on her face.

"I'm glad you're finally home, Kyungsoo." she'd said.

Home?

I was mad. A little. Since I'd heard the story. I was hesitating to believe it. Should I trust them?

I was so mad. But what she had told me on that night . .

"That locket you're wearing was given by your mother. 'Do Kyungsoo' is a name that they had decided to give you ever since they knew the baby was a boy. They were so happy and grateful to have you, Kyungsoo. So.. So happy."

Deep in my heart, I knew that I could trust them.


But I don't know why, exactly . . I hardly knew them . . I should, hate them.

"No hyung ! I want to sleep more. Please just 10 minutes more." my eyes drew to the voices coming from the stairs and get to see a guy being dragged downstairs by another guy.

"No, Sehun. I am done enough. Down now or I'll drown you into the tub." I bet he's the eldest.

By seeing this sight, somehow makes me felt like home . .

I hadn't realized that I was looking at those brothers were fighting each other until ..

"So Kyungsoo," the guy named Jun called me. "How are you?" he asked.

Hesitantly, I was going to answer it anyway.

"I'm fine."

I felt the air being dropped down when Jun suddenly hugged me. I felt love . . A love that should've been given by a father . .

"I'm really glad that you're safe, son." he said softly.

I don't know why . . I hugged him back.

Closing my eyes, "Me too," I said. "Thank you for everything, Jun."

Jun was still hugging me, light sobbed can be heard. I wanted him to be my father, even just for one day. I wanted Minah to be my mother . . And I was hoping that this could last longer as I need one. So bad.

"Sorry for interrupting the moment, but mind to tell me what exactly happening to both of you?"

I opened my eyes and I saw him.

Alpha.

Since the day I saw him, I had this weird feelings that I don't even know how to say what's it like. My heart . . Hurting, quickening its pace when I saw him. A guy with tan skin who can be anyone's favourite.

Long legs can be noticed even when he crossed his legs and sat on the couch, long arms, big palms, cold hazel eyes, and messy yet catchy gray hair . . Broad shoulders, wide chest, seems to be fit when he wore the white shirts and didn't put on the three button on the upper parts.

Softly, I pushed Jun off me. Eyes still fixed to that Alpha.

"K-"

"Well well .. Come now, all of you. Breakfast ready." 

Minah cut Jun off.


                                      BREAK

The breakfast goes well. The table was big enough for twelve of us. I kept defending my rights to stay silents when everybody were talking cheerfully.

No. Not just me. He was too. He didn't say anything too. Silence . . Is that who he really are? Why I felt the sudden need to concern about him? Why I just noticed him now?

After we finished our meal, I helped Minah with the dishes and excused her to go with the others in the living room. I cant helped to see the dishes because thats my routine everytime I ate with Granny . . 

Oh . Granny gonna nag at me again.

After a while, standing with my back against the fridge, I walked in to the living room where everybody at.

Nervousness took over my body. Hands shaking, legs were shaking, don't really think that I would easily passed when they were asking plenty of questions.

"Wow! You look really cute!"

Surprised? Why not? He came out of nowhere and suddenly appeared in front of me exactly after I entered the door to the living room. I stumbled backwards and my back hit the wall. Scanning the room with everyone were already there.

"E-Eh?"

"You feel shock? Sorry. I was just too excited when seeing a cute face like yours," he grinned. "Anyway, I'm Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun. Chanyeol's mate."

That was the time when I remembered something but actually not really. Its something that still too fuzzy for me. What I was sure about, it has something to do with wolves. Yes. Wolves. Definitely . . .

"Babe, do you have to tell him that. You just make the small guy shocked."

"WHO YOU CALL SMA-" I gasped and covered my mouth with my palm quickly. The Baekhyun guy with his mate, standing in front of me with wide eyes.

"Woah sorry, 'big guy'. I didn't expect you to lost your temper that easily. I'm Chanyeol by the way. Park Chanyeol."

He was the one who pulled the ears of that Sehun kid before.

"Kids, don't messed up with him. He's an Alpha." said Minah

Deja vu?

"WHAT ?!" the boys said in unison.

I just had a culture shock.

"Yes, Kyungsoo. Your parents were too before. And that makes you an Alpha." Jun assured and he looked confident with what he just said.

"I-I . . Me . . An Alpha?" Jun nodded in respond.

I took my sit beside Minah and facing all of the boys. Like I said before, plenty of questions were given to me like catapults from them.

"Why I couldn't smell him before?"

"Who is he?"

"Why you didn't said so?"

"His pack?"

"Why is this happening too sudden?"

"You know him well?"

"The thing is, his smell. We can't sense it." 

It were too much to take.

"We still remember his scent. Its.. Its like a drug, a tasty blood which can make you feel thirsty . ." Minah said makes the attention goes to her.

"Tell me. Tell us. How'd you know him." the Alpha asked.

"Jongin . . Kyungsoo here is the son of one of the Alpha of the Ephralm pack, just like your father and I. We're bestfriend. I am the one who helped Sunmi to delivered him." Minah replied calmly.

"Sunmi?" I asked.

"Yes, my dear. She's your mother. Her name is Do Sunmi and your father Do Jungsoo." she took my hand and smile at me.

I took a glance to the Alpha named Jongin . . He looked at me with intense, deep, full with curiosity.

"That's not enough," he glared.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Tell us more."