Chapter 6

The Key

That smell . . .

 

Kyungsoo slightly felt different about this. 

 

And another sweetest unfamiliar smell hit him.

----------------------------

It was madness, he knew.  .  .

        Sheer madness to come, not knowing where he was or what waiting for him in this deep dark forest, not knowing where he could possibly go. Yes, he was in the forest. Again. Curiosity won over him. Seeking for the scent.

Sheer, utter madness.

He just kept following the scent.

Whose smell is this? He close his eyes slowly, took a deep breath to get more of the scent.

So tempting. And definitely different from before.

He can sense something different. . . Its the sweetest. . .     Like really really really sweet.

And here he is, in this place, not knowing when his captor might come to him. He knew now that those pools and splatters on the ground before, those stains leading to the big tree before, could be only one thing- and that much sweet blood could never have come from one small big bear. 

What kind of person would he dealing with?

Is it even a person? Well, that creep me out.. I was thinking about one creature who could possibly do that.

Kyungsoo had a clear view of the world beyond.

Trees.

Trees as far as he could see. A leaden gray sky overhead and ghostly gray mist.   .    .

Something could be out there right now. Hiding.  .  . Wait— He shake his thought away. You have come this far. No turn back like a boomerang. No need to think. Just... Walk.

It was a chance he had to take.

Steeling himself, he began to walk, went deeper.

When he tried to tear the barricade, he was sensing something. He heard something. He smell it. That other smell.

That other, familiar smell. . . Bad Kyungsoo. Bad idea.

Familiar, yes. And there's unfamiliar too. Smells like a wolf.

He could feel his heart quickening again his chest. His throat constricting. The blood chilling in his veins  .  .  .

That unfamiliar. sweet, lingering smell had filled his head. He was drugged. Frowning, he glance at his surroundings. Its darker. And its getting colder. Both of his hands crawled into his pockets.

Even the air felt different, he realized-   softer and heavier and mysterious somehow, ripe with the scent of woods and fields and deep lake water  .  .  .

As he glanced to the tree on top of him, he heard an anguished whimper. That's when he got it.

Its not for God's sake. I dont think that creature is— He gasped.

He heard it again. He went to find it. He had no idea where he was going. He simply plunged into the woods deeper, ignoring the dizziness because of the scent. His body felt like a stranger's body, dragged him through the forest

Then   .   .   .

 

 

 

 

 

He stopped.

The time stopped. He felt like being paralyzed. He cant move. He cant even let out a small gasp. The ground was frozen. He felt colder. The wind raw. He can't believe what he just saw.

He was staring at it with terror, fear . . . It can't be. 

He quickly hide behind the tree closed by. He brace himself against the trunk. His hand trembling, covering his mouth. He tried to scream. What he gonna do?

Call the police? Run away and get out from here? That won't work. Police not gonna believe me and I can't run away from that beast.

He steal a glance over his shoulder with his hands still covering his mouth. He saw the beast with wolves.

Cerberus with wolves? 

Cerberus with three head. Big one. And its not alone. A pack of wolves behind it and in front of it?

Are they going to fight?

Then he saw what he don't want to see. Cerberus- I think its their leader. Fought with the Alpha of the other pack. Kyungsoo can smell it. And thats it ! The sweetest smell. He had no idea why he felt his heart want to pop out of his chest when he smell the scent from the Alpha. Now he knew that his earlier suspicions had been right- he flashback the book that he had studied, The Legacy, page 666, Cerberus have the sweetest smell and can conquer other wolves pack by doing the rivalry.

They want to take over the pack?! His eyes widened. 

Why the others are not helping him?!

The Cerberus charged makes the Alpha being thrown away and hit a tree. Kyungsoo heard the whimper again. Kyungsoo's heart softened. He can't help the Alpha. He could see the blood from the Alpha's head. The other ran to the Alpha and the wound. 

Kyungsoo actually feel scared, he watched the scene with terror. He felt weak. The beast was too big. With tears running, he then remember the incident, the time when he killed one of the Omega. He remember when he saw the Omega killed a kid, devour the flesh, the blood, and ripped the flesh without any guilt.

Thats it. Done enough.

He steal a glance once again and he saw one of the head of the Cerberus bite one of those wolves and threw it away. When the other wolves want to attack, the slave (wolves) of Cerberus went to obstruct them. Kyungsoo couldn't take it.

He want to shift but he can't. He never did. And his Granny would mad at him again. Then he saw the Cerberus was lifting its head (three of it), Kyungsoo came with a bad idea.

He had to follow it.

He pulled out the dagger that his Granny gave him to protect himself.

"If you being attacked by anything, this will kill them." 

I guess I'll use it to protect others.

Despite the sick fear coursing through him, Kyungsoo knew he had no other choice. He wiped his tears and stand quickly. He took a deep breath to calm himself. Slowlg he turned  .  .  .

Then, he ran. He didn't know that he could ran that faster after the incident before. And he didn't know that he could jump higher. He jumped onto the Cerberus. He had no time to looked at the pack who were looking at him confusedly.  

Without hesitant, he drew the dagger into the head. It scream . . . He drew it deeper. Cerberus started to shake his head vigorously. Kyungsoo noted to the force and he flip, he land on the ground safely. 

Yes. Scream. Let me rip you heart out.

He noticed the slave wanted to attack him but the other pack got his back. Kyungsoo charge to Cerberus, he gripped onto the dagger tightly. The Cerberus was way too bigger than him. No doubts. Kyungsoo just slice its leg off. Without mercy, he slice it again until the Cerberus lose its balance. 

Kyungsoo felt tired and disbelief. I did it? He stumbled backwards. He pierced the dagger into the ground to kept him stable. Then he heard one of those slave speak.

"Its you."

Kyungsoo lifted his head up to looked at tge wolf and he recognize the voice. Oh . 

"Its really you." The wolf chuckled darkly.

The cerberus died with a shame. Kyungsoo felt slightly proud of himself.

"I remember to tell you to not show your pathetic face again."

Kyungsoo fell silent.

Suddenly the pack at his back came stood beside him  .  .  .

"Leave us alone."

Female voice?

Kyungsoo glared at the slaves. He hold his dagger tightly, ready to charge if something happen.

But no. Nothing happen.

"Lets go." the Alpha ordered his pack. "We'll be back kid. And when the King rises, I'll get my revenge." And they walked away.

Wait. What does he mean revenge? No freaking way. . .

Then Kyungsoo felt a bright light coming from behind him. Then he turned around just to see a bunch of people.

"Woah." Kyungsoo finally speak.

Kyungsoo felt his world stopped. Hazily . . . It turned to focus when the Alpha Female said ;

 

 

 

 

 

"Do Kyungsoo ?"