Chapter 4

The Key

Few weeks has passed,

       And he still can smell it. Its so sweet and addicting to him. He once told his Granny about the smell;

"Oh Kyungsoo my dear.. It would be normal for you to smell things like that. Sweet or not" His Granny replied with a lovely smile.

Yet through the time, he had a bad feelings about it.

                                       BREAK

On his way home from school, he smell the scent again. But this time, its stronger than the usual. He felt something ran through his throat. He scrunched his nose as the smell hit his nose again.

What a sweet scent.. He thought.

He then perched. He looked to the front, an empty and silent road.

Once he turned to his left.. There!

He decided to find where the smell came from. With guts, he took his steps slowly, walking deep into the woods. After a few steps, in a distance, a big white tent with some bird on it came darkly into view, silhouetted against the gloom. As Kyungsoo got nearer, he could see the tent clearly and the birds suddenly flew away which makes him jumped a little.

Has someone set a camp here?

An icy shudder worked its way up his spine. Hesitating, he tightened his grip on his bag's strap and glanced back over his shoulder.

Its possible to imagine an eerie whispers and invisible watchers in a creepy place like that—

What was I thinking anyway, coming to this place? Now now Kyungsoo, stop scaring your s out. Nobody here can hurt you. He convinced himself.

Giving himself a stern mental grip , he walked over to the front of the tent. To his surprise, the smell was getting stronger. Heart quickening, Kyungsoo glanced around a second time.

If someone were here, is it possible to see them? He asked himself.

They could be hiding close by or far away..

Kyungsoo surpressed another shiver.

Turning in a slow circle, he scanned the tent, the trees around, shadows and mist and a backpack with its stuff scattered around? 

what was happening here?

Sweat were starting to formed on his brows and his upper lips. 

Am I doing the right thing here? He gulped nervously.

As he walking around, much to his surprised.

Blood?! - His gasped sounded almost like a whisper.

He bent a little bit down to touch it.. "Its dry already." 

"Bloodshed? How long has it been here ?"

And then he stared up, shocked, he saw the blood being dragged away to a tree not so far from him. Its not actually moving, it just a dried stain.

Bloody hell. He cursed.

Sighing heavily, he spoke "Should I... Really ?" he wanted to looked away, but his wolf's heart resisted. His Adam's apple moved when he gulped.

Nervously, he make his way, follow the dried bloodstain on the ground. Kyungsoo's throat was closing up. He tried to take a deep breath, but the air had gone thick and sour.

An uneasy silence filled the air. He fixed his eyes to the stain. And a lot of questions keep playing in his head.

What will comes out from that tree?

What will happen if that thing see me?

Will it bit me?

Could it be.. A vampire?!

He paused. Nononononoo.. He shook his head. It couldn't be.. They extinct. Granny told me.

"Don't worry. She wont lie to you." he said softly.

He calmed himself down by taking a deep breath. Then he started to walked straight again, towards the tree. Unconsciously, he fastened his pace which he—

I ing don't know why! 

When he reached the tree. Tap! He pull the brake of his feet suddenly. Startled, he stepped back a little to see nothing was there. Fortunately. He sighed in relieved.

In the same time, he saw it. The stain stopped there. It didnt continue to its way. It just stopped right there.

This is really odd. He thought.

Once again, for the third time, he glanced around. Nobody's around. And this time..

If this so.. It means.. Up?

He lifted his head to looked up. Like he was expected, nobody. Or shall I say, nothing was there. Kyungsoo felt weird. Then, a sudden cold breeze hit his face..

 

 

 


"Its not what I think it is.. Right ?"