Kakao Talk

Right for Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Saturday January 6th, 2017

I looked out the passenger-side window as we passed by building after building in the moving truck. Our few household items that we had packed to fly over (including our nice TV from the old house) and the rest of our clothing was in the back of the truck at the moment. We were heading to a furniture store to pick up the essentials for now. So that meant, 2 beds (frames included), kitchen table/chairs, couch and a TV-stand for the living room.

I looked down at my phone to see the time.

2:32 PM

I jumped slightly when my phone dinged notifying me of a text in messenger.

Clara: NARI! I’M BOARDING THE CONNECTING FLIGHT I’LL BE THERE IN 8 HOURS!

“Dad, can we pick Clara up at the airport in eight hours?” I looked over at him.

He was focused on driving, but he gave me a quick nod of his head.

Me: Dad and I will pick you up when you land! I’ll be waiting for you at the gate. We’re currently on our way to the furniture store. I can’t wait to see you! Also, I have a surprise for you tomorrow.

Clara: Ooooh, you know how much I love surprises! Also, did you know that wherever you work is really close to the BigHit building, the agency BTS is under.

Me: Really? I had no idea. Maybe you’ll be lucky enough to meet one of them.

I laughed to myself, she’s going to die when she meets them tomorrow. Even though it is the weekend, I abide by the boy’s schedule. Although, they don’t really have much going on at the moment. The are rehearsing for a new album (I think) and apparently Tae was in a drama so that is airing, and then Jin was in a few broadcasts which will be airing as well. Everyone is just stuck in the studio practicing and recording.

Clara: Don’t joke like that! Oh my god, I don’t know what I’d do if I ever met one of them. I think I would pass out.

Me: You’ve already met them… You met them at a fanmeet.

Clara: That was a quick interaction, I want to have a conversation, get to know them.

Me: Don’t be creepy.

Clara: *sigh*

Me: Don’t be dramatic

Clara: *le sigh*

Me: Don’t be dramatic in French either

Clara: I gotta go now, plane is gonna take off soon. I’ll see you in 8 hours!

Me: Bye bye!

“Is Clara excited?” My dad asked as we pulled into the parking lot of the furniture store.

“Very. She really wants to meet a kpop group.” I laughed.

“Why is it funny?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Oh, right! I haven’t been able to tell you what my new job is!” I said as I unbuckled my seat belt. “I’m an assistant to a makeup artist for an entertainment agency. Clara’s favorite Kpop group is BTS, which happens to be the boys I work for. I’m gonna surprise her tomorrow.”

“You don’t think she’ll make a fool out of herself?” He asked as he got out of the truck.

“No, she’ll be fine. She thinks she’ll freak out, but if anything, she’ll try really hard to act cool.” We walked into the store together, on the hunt for our new furniture.

_-_-_

“Clara!” I squealed as she ran up to me with her purse in one hand, and a carry on bag in the other. She dropped her things at my feet and gave me a huge hug, making it hard for me to breath.

“I missed you!” We were bouncing around like idiots.

“I missed you too!”

She pulled out of the hug, “You died your hair again!” She examined my blue locks.

“I know!” I was just so excited to see my best friend after so many days apart.

“Why are we still yelling?” Dad winced and wiggled his finger in his ear.

“Sorry.” I put a hand over my mouth, but that didn’t stop me from laughing.

“Come on, tell me all about your time here. Meet any cute boys?” I picked up her things for her as she started bombarding me with questions.

“She better not meet any boys.” Dad said under his breath.

“I did.” I whispered into her ear so that my dad couldn’t hear.

“Oh my god, when we get to my hotel, you’re so spilling everything.” She squealed.

“Okay, okay.” I laughed as we walked over to the luggage pickup area. She had to go through customs, so we waited for her at the entrance to the airport.

We still had the rented truck, so we all piled into the row of seats in the front and drove off towards her hotel in Gangnam. Dad and I had made an agreement, that I’d be staying in the hotel room with Clara for the night since I’d have to head to Gangnam for work in the morning anyway. Plus it was her first night here, so I’ll be there for emotional support. I already had a small bag packed of my overnight essentials and stuff to wear to work for tomorrow.

I arrived at the hotel with Clara grabbing all our stuff from the back of the truck, we checked in then headed up stairs in the elevator to the top floor where her room is located.

“Wah! This room is amazing!” I looked around in awe, it was probably the nicest hotel room I had ever been in. “Isn’t your mom mad at you for spending so much money on this place?”

“She didn’t want me staying at some shabby motel, so she paid for the best of the best.” Clara kicked off her red converse, put her bags next to the sofa and ran to jump onto the bed. “I’m so happy to see a bed! I hated sleeping in that uncomfortable airplane seat.” I put all the bags I was carrying down next to hers and fell onto the bed beside her. We laid there looking up at the ceiling. “So tell me about the boy. Or boys. I don’t judge.”

“You’ll meet them tomorrow.” I put an arm behind my head as a pillow.

“Oooh, so it is boys not just one.” She smirked. “My, my, little Nari’s got some moves since she moved to Korea.”

Please log in to read the full chapter