y in Denim

Right for Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

“So you English?” Yoongi raised an eyebrow.

“Yes I English.” I laughed at his improper grammar, “Just saying, if you ever ask that again, say, ‘So you speak English?’”

“Ahhhhh.” He nodded.

“You should teach us English, my hyung isn’t a good teacher.” Jungkook shook his head and brown hair fell out of his black baseball cap. "Yoongi-hyung knows quite a bit, but it's rough English."

“Oooh, you have brown hair, not black! So cute.” I reached over to try and take off his black baseball cap.

“Ah, no, don’t do that.” Jungkook held his hat on his head and leaned away from me. His face staying red.

“Sorry.” I bowed my head, “I’m kind of a touchy person. I don’t understand personal boundaries.” I smiled sweetly, my eyes turning into crescent shapes.

“Cute.” Yoongi said under his breath, which made me blush slightly. I shifted in my chair and smoothed down some of my hair on one side nervously, looking down at my sizzling steak and turning off the grill.

“Oh, and to answer your question, sure, I can teach you English.” I looked over at the boys. “If I can get paid.” A smirk played on my rosy lips. ‘Girl needs cash.’ I thought to myself.

“How much do you charge?” Yoongi narrowed his eyes.

“Depends on how many of you I have to teach.” I shoveled rice into my mouth.

“Six of us.” Jungkook spoke up.

My eyes went wide, “Six? I have to teach six of you? Are they all as attractive as the two of you?” The words came out of my mouth before I could really think about it. I immediately hid my face by letting my hair out of my messy pony tail.

Yoongi laughed slightly, “Attractive?”

“Hyung, stop.” Jungkook bit his lip.

“What? She thinks we’re attractive-nobody’s.” Yoongi smirked.

“I’m right here, I can hear you.” I pouted.

“I’d say we’re all attractive, we have a lot of girls, and boys, that like all seven of us.” The boy with black and blue hair played with his food on his plate.

“I thought there were six of you?” I questioned.

“Six that need to learn English. Seven of us in total. Namjoon-hyung already knows English.” Jungkook said before eating a steak and lettuce wrap.

“Why do I know that name?” I pursed my lips. “Namjoon…” I racked my brain trying to figure out where I had heard that name before. “Isn’t there some singer or actor with that name?”

Yoongi nodded slightly.

“Wow! I was right! I really don’t listen to Korean music or watch dramas. I’m so proud of myself that I knew that.” I smiled widely.

“Why don’t you listen to Kpop?” Jungkook narrowed his eyes.

“It’s not really my thing. I lived in America for most of my life, and I just sort of grew up with American music more so than Korean music. I don’t mind the music here. It’s just not what I would normally choose to listen to.” I put together some lettuce wraps on my plate.

‘My food is gonna get cold if I keep talking to these boys.’

Yoongi looked over at me “You should looked up BTS. They are really good. Their music is-”

“Ugh, BTS is so overrated. Seriously, that is one of the only groups people talk about over in America. ‘BTS this, BTS that, did you see that BTS music video?’” I mocked girls from America. “My best friend Clara loves them, she has every album, posters of them on her walls, she’s spent so much money just seeing them in concert over and over again. I don’t get it, that money could go towards more important things.” I shook my head.

“Don’t you think you’re being a bit harsh?” Jungkook looked sad.

I shrugged, “Maybe? But it's true… She's spent thousands and thousands of dollars on concerts and albums and merch. I feel like seeing them in concert once or twice should be enough. No need to go dozens of times. Granted, I have gone with her a few times cause she has no one else to go with and she refuses to go alone, but I don't know, they just aren't my cup of tea.”

“You've gone to their concerts?” Yoongi looked like he was trying not to laugh.

“Yeah, for Clara’s sake. Why is that funny?” I gave him an odd look.

“Just amusing.” Yoongi shrugged.

“Okay…” I was still confused but I just decided to not worry about it and finish my food.

The boys went on with normal conversations about video games and music.

I pretended not to listen to them.

My check came and I ripped a small piece of the receipt and wrote my number on it. “Here. For those English lessons. Or if you just want to go out sometime.” I handed it to Jungkook with a wink.

His face immediately turned red. “O-Okay.” He stuttered, it was adorable.

“Bye.” I waved cutely while walking away.

---

Thursday, January 4th, 2017

The next morning I woke up to my grandmother yelling at me from the bottom of the stairs.

“I’m up. I’ll be down in a few minutes. I have to go to Gangnam today.” I rubbed my tired eyes, feeling the sleepy bugs scratching the skin on my lids.

“Find a job today. Can’t you do anything right?” She yelled up to me.

“I’m going to Gangnam for a job Grandma.” I groaned as I got off the floor.

I grabbed a nice pair of dark denim jeans with a blue and white, floral, button-up top, along with all of my toiletry items so that I could go take a shower and wash up.

I scurried downstairs quietly, trying to avoid my grandma. I made it to the bathroom without seeing her.

Thankfully.

I made sure to wash my hair with just water today, cause I have a hair appointment to get it recoloured and generally they don't want excess product in your hair. But my pink locks were starting to look a tad straggly and greasy, s

Please log in to read the full chapter